One thing I know

chris98251

Reaction score
Ryan and Rogers will fillet us if untouched, sack, knock them around get them dirty and they lose patience and composure, we no matter what, have to beat them up and get to them early whether we only play against Ryan or if we get Rogers as well. Piss them off and take away their comfort and make them hear footsteps. As we have seen when Rogers doesn't have protection and Ryan as well they start complaining to the Officials to bail them out, they become more focused on being hit and complaining then about the game.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Rogers was hassled a bunch but still managed to shred the giants...even without Jordy Nelson. He is a great QB and scares me on any field

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkerD":2uii1pwk said:
Rogers was hassled a bunch but still managed to shred the giants...even without Jordy Nelson. He is a great QB and scares me on any field

He was in the first half. I don't know what happened in the second except for the fact that Rogers got to shift through the pocket like he was a Plinko chip on the Price is Right.

Atradees

Reaction score
I'll bite. We have to punch Matt in the mouth. Let's renember he hasn't lit up the playoffs. Kam and Wagner blitzes. Yes.......I feel you.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hitting Ryan is THEE deciding factor in this game. I don't think we touched him ONCE in the 2012 game...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Actually, I have a vastly different factor -- and IMO it's probably THE biggest factor that's going to decide whether we win ... or lose that game. And that ... is simply the running game. If Rawls and the Offensive Line are able to duplicate anything close to the performance they had last night ... if he rushes for (say) 110 yards+ ... and we're able to control the clock and keep the ball OUT of the hands of Matty Ice and keep that prolific offense on the sideline, we win that game.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1u7fak0x said:
One thing you know is that quarterbacks don't like pressure, huh Chris? Bold statement, that. :lol:

I suggest you quote the right person, that wasn't what I said in my post anywhere, I said get them out of their comfort zone, harass them get them pissy and complaining to the Officials etc.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Atradees":3e1seqsd said:
I'll bite. We have to punch Matt in the mouth. Let's renember he hasn't lit up the playoffs. Kam and Wagner blitzes. Yes.......I feel you.

Last playoff game he threw for 400 yds with 3 TDs and 1 pick vs SF in 2012...

... but the D blew the 17-0 lead.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
In the game this year they hit him all first half and he was missing throws left right and centre.

3rd quarter = different story and he shredded the defense

Quite clear we have to get home with 4, but I do like when Wagner is sent on an A gap blitz with twisted stunts inside. Zenner prevented Stafford getting killed by Wagz on one play in the game this weekend by picking the block up at the last second.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1blx7kq5 said:
RolandDeschain":1blx7kq5 said:
One thing you know is that quarterbacks don't like pressure, huh Chris? Bold statement, that. :lol:

I suggest you quote the right person, that wasn't what I said in my post anywhere, I said get them out of their comfort zone, harass them get them pissy and complaining to the Officials etc.

No you didn't say it but you pretty much implied it. That's why I responded with agreement like I did.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Rodgers was on a different level last night, but at the start of the game NYG definitely had him off balance. Shame they couldn't sustain it when GB adjusted. Would've made for a closer game, at least.

Vetamur

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":27hsqulx said:
Atradees":27hsqulx said:

Last playoff game he threw for 400 yds with 3 TDs and 1 pick vs SF in 2012...

... but the D blew the 17-0 lead.

Im coming out of semi posting retirement to address this comment you keep making. Your premise is that Matt Ryan is awesome no matter what no matter when and anything that bad happens has nothing to do with him..

but when "the D blew the 17-0" lead.. that implies that while the D was giving up 3 or 4 scores.. the Falcons offense didnt score again or were being outscored by a considerable margin.

A D cant blow a lead if the offense either holds onto the ball or, even better, keeps scoring.

PS Its ok to admit Ryan is mortal. No one is saying he sucks, likewise no reason to insist he walks on water.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
One thing I know, they haven't had the opportunity to meet Frank Clark yet.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1d7rnot7 said:
Actually, I have a vastly different factor -- and IMO it's probably THE biggest factor that's going to decide whether we win ... or lose that game. And that ... is simply the running game. If Rawls and the Offensive Line are able to duplicate anything close to the performance they had last night ... if he rushes for (say) 110 yards+ ... and we're able to control the clock and keep the ball OUT of the hands of Matty Ice and keep that prolific offense on the sideline, we win that game.

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

If w e keep the Falcons' O on the sidelines, it's going to be better than anything our D can do to stop them. With Thomas out, we're going to be in a similar position as Dallas: keep that D on the sidelines to protect them. It's not as bad, but we'll need to do it against the Falcons and the Packers if we meet them again. Also, it keeps our DL fresh so they can rush Ryan better.

If we can't rush the ball, and we leave the D out there too long...I don't think most people here believe we have a chance of containing the Falcons offense at home the way they're playing.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2nfynwqu said:
Correct. Run the ball and break their will.
Play like we did Saturday and I would expect a victory unless something bizarre happens.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Crizilla":3gpy8cyq said:
Hitting Ryan is THEE deciding factor in this game. I don't think we touched him ONCE in the 2012 game...

Correct.
Hence the reason they went out and got Bennett and Avril that offseason

Latest posts