Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Do u remember our last 2 games against a #1 seeds ?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Ugly first halves ... ugly ... ugly .. ugly ...

RW's first year at QB, we went to Atlanta and were down 20-0 at half time (if I remember) ... but mounted a courageous comeback and took the lead ... to lose the game on a last minute Kick in the dome. That was Jan 14, 2013.

Last year, we went down to Charlotte and were down 31-0 at half time (if i remember) ... but couldn't overcome the massive deficit and our season was over. That was Jan. 2016

How do we fix that? Let Devin Haster return some kicks ... in his former home ... and stick one to the Falcons. .. OK. Joking, aside ... but my point is ...

We can't afford to fall asleep in the first half. We have had some of the most pathetic first half of football this year. And we have had some of the most disastrous away games this season. At AZ, at Tampa, at GB, at LA ... just to think of a few.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• joeseahawks wrote:Ugly first halves ... ugly ... ugly .. ugly ...

RW's first year at QB, we went to Atlanta and were down 20-0 at half time (if I remember) ... but mounted a courageous comeback and took the lead ... to lose the game on a last minute Kick in the dome. That was Jan 14, 2013.

Last year, we went down to Charlotte and were down 31-0 at half time (if i remember) ... but couldn't overcome the massive deficit and our season was over. That was Jan. 2016

How do we fix that? Let Devin Haster return some kicks ... in his former home ... and stick one to the Falcons. .. OK. Joking, aside ... but my point is ...

We can't afford to fall asleep in the first half. We have had some of the most pathetic first half of football this year. And we have had some of the most disastrous away games this season. At AZ, at Tampa, at GB, at LA ... just to think of a few.

I get your point and it is true, must not fall into a hole like those games. But ATL is a 2 seed, not 1.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• Good thing there is more than just historical analysis
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• It's 2:30 et. Split the difference between eascoast 1:00 and west coast 1:00. I was hoping for a night game.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

• HawkRiderFan wrote:One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.

Right on.

Also, the Hawks have a belief that games are won in the 4th quarter as part of their coaching. While this may be true I think it also makes them lax in the first quarter because they can play harder in the 4th quarter. The Hawks need to get back to jumping on them right away! Lets get some points right off like we did against Denver.
    captSE
    NET Veteran

• A functional run game will help early game bad passes, dropped balls, etc that usually kill drives
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• I think a big reason for both of those slow starts (besides the 10 AM start time) was the fact that we were on a second consecutive east coast road trip. In 2012 we played at Washington the week before. Last year we played at Minnesota the week before. Although Minnesota is not technically on the east coast, it was still a 10 AM start time in sub zero weather. We were drained.

We will be better rested this time and won't have to worry about an early start.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• evergreen wrote:It's 2:30 et. Split the difference between eascoast 1:00 and west coast 1:00. I was hoping for a night game.

It will be 4:35 EST, 1:35 PST.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• evergreen wrote:It's 2:30 et.
    Uh...No. It's 4:30 est. My time zone. The guide on my DVR confirms this. I just set up for the recording today.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Erebus wrote:I think a big reason for both of those slow starts (besides the 10 AM start time) was the fact that we were on a second consecutive east coast road trip. In 2012 we played at Washington the week before. Last year we played at Minnesota the week before. Although Minnesota is not technically on the east coast, it was still a 10 AM start time in sub zero weather. We were drained.

We will be better rested this time and won't have to worry about an early start.

The Minnesota game killed us last year. Playing in that type of weather is not normal and the body does not respond well to it. I read a piece on the first Giants v Pack game in lambo Favres last game. Half the giants defense was sick the week following the game with respiratory stuff. The lungs just aren't made to function in that cold.

But yes, both the games mentioned in the op were 10 am, back to back east coast trips.....
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Wait..what. I'm pretty sure the Giants went on to win the superbowl that year
    Sparkchaser737
    NET Rookie

• Sparkchaser737 wrote:Wait..what. I'm pretty sure the Giants went on to win the superbowl that year

There is a two week break between the nfccg and the superbowl. We had to play @ Carolina the next week.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Wait, when did I miss the Falcons jumping the Cowboys into the #1 seed?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Both of those games were at 10 am EST on the road against very good opponents. Mystery solved.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• so basically if the hawks can keep this within 10 at half does anyone here think we don't win the game based on the second half performances this year?
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

• classicaaron wrote:so basically if the hawks can keep this within 10 at half does anyone here think we don't win the game based on the second half performances this year?

This appears to be a troll post.... :roll:

I don't ever expect to be down 10 to the Falcons, but if we do find ourselves down 10 I am still confident we can win the game. This team is tough, and will bring it through all 4 quarters (five if necessary). :les:
    sam1313
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:Both of those games were at 10 am EST on the road against very good opponents. Mystery solved.

1 pm EST, 10 am PST
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks have fared well in the morning games this season. They beat the Jets this year in an early game. That's the only early game I can recall. I think they played the Saints, Bucs, and Packers in an afternoon game. They didn't do well in those - all road losses. Hopefully that is now changed since it's playoff time.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• captSE wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.

Right on.

Also, the Hawks have a belief that games are won in the 4th quarter as part of their coaching. While this may be true I think it also makes them lax in the first quarter because they can play harder in the 4th quarter. The Hawks need to get back to jumping on them right away! Lets get some points right off like we did against Denver.

This..
    And the reason why I don't think we win.
    We've seen this too many times. Exhibit a and b were games against atlanta and Carolina aa mentioned
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:The Seahawks have fared well in the morning games this season. They beat the Jets this year in an early game. That's the only early game I can recall. I think they played the Saints, Bucs, and Packers in an afternoon game. They didn't do well in those - all road losses. Hopefully that is now changed since it's playoff time.

Saints was early. Correct that the Bucs and Packers were late.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• What I remember about both of those games, besides the big deficits, were the scoring opportunities in the first half that were frittered away (especially the ATL game) that eventually cost the team in the end.

I do worry about that same slow start this saturday
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• First half fieldgoals. Take them! Each game it could've been the difference.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

• Doesn't mean they won't play well on Saturday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.

Except those two times just mentioned by the OP when the leads were out of reach, and thus ended our Hawks season. Albeit the first one then was lost by the defense in the final 30 seconds. But one could argue had the Hawks not started off so poorly, perhaps they wouldn't have needed to claw back and may have even blew that game open. Take the lead early and the game can actually play the way the Hawks want to play. Run the ball, burn clock, keep the defense off the field, control field position etc. Find yourself in the hole early, now you can't do any of those things and it's one dimensional, pass plays to save clock and score quick to hopefully catch up.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

• fair enough
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    evergreen wrote:It's 2:30 et.
    Uh...No. It's 4:30 est. My time zone. The guide on my DVR confirms this. I just set up for the recording today.

The 2:30 EST FOX is posting is the start of the pre game show.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.

Except for the last game for the Hawks last year, and the SB loss the year before and then their was that loss in the playoffs to Atlanta a couple of years before that. Except for THOSE games and maybe the miracle against the Packers in the NFCCG a couple of years ago that will never be duplicated, YEA! Don't forget the hawks never lose with RW under center!!

Cmon man, take it in stride, not with your chin out.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Just going by memory but even though you automatically think Julio and Roddy White for the Falcons that year, I seem to remember Michael Turner just gashing the D in the first half I think our run D is better that thtat one was. Even though we aren't overly happy with our pass rush, we didn't have much that day. That was before Avril and Bennett, Irvin was a rookie and Clemons got hurt in the Redskins game and didn't play.
    That team had Gonzales at TE and didn't he get a TD that game?

Of course on the other hand this Falcon team is playing better offensively and has the 1-2 punch in the backfeild. And the no Earl factor is huge.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• irocdave wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.

Except for the last game for the Hawks last year, and the SB loss the year before and then their was that loss in the playoffs to Atlanta a couple of years before that. Except for THOSE games and maybe the miracle against the Packers in the NFCCG a couple of years ago that will never be duplicated, YEA! Don't forget the hawks never lose with RW under center!!

Cmon man, take it in stride, not with your chin out.

Someone hopped up on a high horse tonight eh?
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• ?
    I'm just pointing out that this team comes back in games with regularity. Would love for a faster start obviously, but I just don't give up and assume the game is over, that's all. I like our chances, won't be surprised either way.
    Atlanta is a hell of a good test, but that D is pretty suspect. What has happened in the past has ZERO to do with how they will play on Saturday. Hawks just need to be the better team on Saturday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information