Do u remember our last 2 games against a #1 seeds ?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Ugly first halves ... ugly ... ugly .. ugly ...

RW's first year at QB, we went to Atlanta and were down 20-0 at half time (if I remember) ... but mounted a courageous comeback and took the lead ... to lose the game on a last minute Kick in the dome. That was Jan 14, 2013.

Last year, we went down to Charlotte and were down 31-0 at half time (if i remember) ... but couldn't overcome the massive deficit and our season was over. That was Jan. 2016

How do we fix that? Let Devin Haster return some kicks ... in his former home ... and stick one to the Falcons. .. OK. Joking, aside ... but my point is ...

We can't afford to fall asleep in the first half. We have had some of the most pathetic first half of football this year. And we have had some of the most disastrous away games this season. At AZ, at Tampa, at GB, at LA ... just to think of a few.

pcbball12

Reaction score
joeseahawks":sl18a3dy said:
Ugly first halves ... ugly ... ugly .. ugly ...

RW's first year at QB, we went to Atlanta and were down 20-0 at half time (if I remember) ... but mounted a courageous comeback and took the lead ... to lose the game on a last minute Kick in the dome. That was Jan 14, 2013.

Last year, we went down to Charlotte and were down 31-0 at half time (if i remember) ... but couldn't overcome the massive deficit and our season was over. That was Jan. 2016

How do we fix that? Let Devin Haster return some kicks ... in his former home ... and stick one to the Falcons. .. OK. Joking, aside ... but my point is ...

We can't afford to fall asleep in the first half. We have had some of the most pathetic first half of football this year. And we have had some of the most disastrous away games this season. At AZ, at Tampa, at GB, at LA ... just to think of a few.
I get your point and it is true, must not fall into a hole like those games. But ATL is a 2 seed, not 1.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's 2:30 et. Split the difference between eascoast 1:00 and west coast 1:00. I was hoping for a night game.

captSE

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2vtuvofy said:
One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.
Right on.

Also, the Hawks have a belief that games are won in the 4th quarter as part of their coaching. While this may be true I think it also makes them lax in the first quarter because they can play harder in the 4th quarter. The Hawks need to get back to jumping on them right away! Lets get some points right off like we did against Denver.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
A functional run game will help early game bad passes, dropped balls, etc that usually kill drives

Erebus

Reaction score
I think a big reason for both of those slow starts (besides the 10 AM start time) was the fact that we were on a second consecutive east coast road trip. In 2012 we played at Washington the week before. Last year we played at Minnesota the week before. Although Minnesota is not technically on the east coast, it was still a 10 AM start time in sub zero weather. We were drained.

We will be better rested this time and won't have to worry about an early start.

Erebus

Reaction score
evergreen":2680dnzz said:
It's 2:30 et. Split the difference between eascoast 1:00 and west coast 1:00. I was hoping for a night game.

It will be 4:35 EST, 1:35 PST.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
evergreen":178iarnv said:
It's 2:30 et.
Uh...No. It's 4:30 est. My time zone. The guide on my DVR confirms this. I just set up for the recording today.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Erebus":4sokiao4 said:
I think a big reason for both of those slow starts (besides the 10 AM start time) was the fact that we were on a second consecutive east coast road trip. In 2012 we played at Washington the week before. Last year we played at Minnesota the week before. Although Minnesota is not technically on the east coast, it was still a 10 AM start time in sub zero weather. We were drained.

We will be better rested this time and won't have to worry about an early start.

The Minnesota game killed us last year. Playing in that type of weather is not normal and the body does not respond well to it. I read a piece on the first Giants v Pack game in lambo Favres last game. Half the giants defense was sick the week following the game with respiratory stuff. The lungs just aren't made to function in that cold.

But yes, both the games mentioned in the op were 10 am, back to back east coast trips.....

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":225xb94o said:
Wait..what. I'm pretty sure the Giants went on to win the superbowl that year

There is a two week break between the nfccg and the superbowl. We had to play @ Carolina the next week.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wait, when did I miss the Falcons jumping the Cowboys into the #1 seed?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Both of those games were at 10 am EST on the road against very good opponents. Mystery solved.

classicaaron

Reaction score
so basically if the hawks can keep this within 10 at half does anyone here think we don't win the game based on the second half performances this year?

sam1313

Reaction score
classicaaron":20lqmcel said:
so basically if the hawks can keep this within 10 at half does anyone here think we don't win the game based on the second half performances this year?

This appears to be a troll post.... :roll:

I don't ever expect to be down 10 to the Falcons, but if we do find ourselves down 10 I am still confident we can win the game. This team is tough, and will bring it through all 4 quarters (five if necessary). :les:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":11lcxblq said:
Both of those games were at 10 am EST on the road against very good opponents. Mystery solved.

1 pm EST, 10 am PST

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks have fared well in the morning games this season. They beat the Jets this year in an early game. That's the only early game I can recall. I think they played the Saints, Bucs, and Packers in an afternoon game. They didn't do well in those - all road losses. Hopefully that is now changed since it's playoff time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.