Fearless Prediction Division Round: Seahawks @ Falcons

kidhawk

Reaction score
This game is a tough one to call. The more I think about this matchup, the more confused I become. I can see reasons why we can and should win this game, but then I think more and I see reasons why we can and should lose this game. There are just too many little variables on which this game can turn. I do believe this game will come down to the final 5 minutes and perhaps a late score either wins it or seals it for either side.

Reasons we could win this game: Russell Wilson magic, Thomas Rawls resurgence, a stout defensive effort, maximizing ball control and getting turnovers on defense, Jimmy Graham/Doug Baldwin/Paul Richardson, and playoff experience

Reasons we could lose this game: Matt Ryan, Julio Jones/Mohamed Sanu, Tevin Coleman/Devonta Freeman, Home Field advantage (Moreso Seahawks Away Field Disadvantage, but same same)

This game could come down to special teams, and honestly, I have more faith in Atlanta's than I do ours. A missed/blocked FG or PAT could be the difference here. Here's hoping our Special teams holds up this week, but I wouldn't necessarily bet on it, and that is why......

Seahawks 24 Falcons 26

Record To Date - 4 - 2 - 0 (hoping for 4 - 3 - 0)

With that said, I may be picking Atlanta, but if our Special Teams can play a solid game this week and we can win this one, I will add that it will be an NFCCG at the CLINK once again as Dallas will lose to the Packers with or without Nelson.

On the AFC side, the Patriots will Breeze and the Steelers will topple the Chiefs (although I'll be rooting for both the Chiefs and the Texans).

Largent80

Reaction score
Not going to say anything about the strength of our last opponent. We did to them what we should have, and our D played a hell of a game vs. a decent offense.

Falcons have the best offense for scoring, and the Hawks have the best scoring D in the NFC.

Atlanta is #27 in the league at stopping the run....Uh-Oh.

With that being said....Defense > Offense.

Seahawks win.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Realistic prediction: Seahawks 25, Falcons 31

Homer prediction: Seahawks 27, Falcons 21

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I never make predictions. Football is just such a weird game and on top of that the Seahawks are ridiculously inconsistent. They can beat anyone on a good day and lose to anyone on a bad day. That being said, after reading this board the past few days, I'm convinced the Falcons are the greatest team of all time.

Falcons 93
Seahawks -12

classicaaron

Reaction score
unfortunately Falcons 35-24. I think we have problems starting slow and get behind early. Start to panic and the offense gives up some additional points on turnovers. We start to come back a bit in the second half but too little too late. I guess I see it a lot like the Carolina game last year. Never wanted to be more wrong and hopefully our guys learned something from that game last year.

Seahawks could also very easily win the game if they just play their style of ball. But if I had to bet my house on the seahawks I just couldn't do it.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have been conditioned to expect this year's Hawks team to come out looking totally unprepared to play in big games like this. Who knows what kind of performance they might give? They are capable of beating anyone when they play their best, but they are so unreliable. I think that with the injuries, the Falcons have the better roster right now and they are at home. Smart money is on the Falcons but maybe the good Hawks will decide to show up.

Falcons 28
Hawks 17

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seahawks 23
Falcons 26
Halftime score will be 20-6 Falcons. We will try to run but can't leading to lots of three and outs early.
RW starts targeting Graham relentlessly in the 2nd half to lead the comeback.
Tie game at 23 late - Matt Ryan drives the Falcons down the field for a chip shot Field goal for the win.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Not to long ago I was not feeling all that confident about our chances in this one. A lot has happened over the past few weeks to put me more at ease going into this one though. I have seen all of our offensive coaches and players finally make the turn we have been working so hard to see happen this season.

Pete has been saying all along that it wasn't the lack of funds invested in our offensive line that was the problem, the Seahawks had put together a collection of highly skilled players, who would become a formidable line once they got some much needed experience and bonded together as a cohesive unit, which, in my opinion has happened.

With that occurrence the Seahawks have a complete offense that has allowed them to present a formidable run game and an even more threatening passing game, with our opponents now having to try and offer up coverages for both. When we last met Atlanta, Kam was out injured, Rawls was out injured, Lockett was at about 80% playing with a sore hip, and Christin was in that phase where he was tripping over his shoelaces every time it looked like he might get tackled.

The player who filled in for Kam in that game is now filling in for Earl, and doing a damn fine job of it I might add. Tyler is out and a big loss for us but his replacement is delivering much of the crazy good play he was and putting up as many points.

The Atlanta Falcons are not all that different of a team that we faced earlier this season but the Seattle Seahawks are, having finally come full circle, and are now firing on all eight coming into the post season. Signing Deven Hester is going to pay big dividends at some point going down the home stretch in route to the Super Bowl and will deliver for the Hawks in route to getting us there I do believe.

I'm not dillusional enough to think we can shut Atlanta down from scoring entirely, although I am confident that we can limit them both running and in the air, that what the sea will be able to deliver enough points by way of both their ground game and passing game to win this one by a significant spread.

There is no good reason to think differently given the fact that Atlanta's run defense allows about the same number of yards as the Lions defense does, and given that even with a non existent run game in out first meeting and a limited Russell Wilson who was forced to pass from the pocket, and couldn't shut us down, should have nothing but trouble with trying to defend either and in trying to do so will create even more opportunities for the Seahawks .

Our defense has regrouped and are playing like the LOB again. Look for an impressive and convincing win by Seattle in route to another Super Bowl shoot out.

Seattle Seahawks: 34
Atlanta Falcons: 23

Go Seahawks !!

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Trust in Russ, Trust in Russ, Trust in Russ...

31-28 Seahawks

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I take pride in being a "HOMER" of the Seattle Seahawks, especially under Pete Carroll's tenure, and it's that Homer in me that's sayin' Seahawks 47..... Falcons 20
The "REALIST" in me says Seahawks 34 ...... Falcons 27

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Screw it...

Seahawks 38
Falcons 27

RW goes ham.
Graham & Baldwin go over 100.
Richardson with another big play.
Prosise with a long reception.
Frank Clark with a late sack which is the back breaker.

I'm done being negative. Let's do this.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
My head says falcons win..... but my heart says the boys pull her out

Hawks 31
Falcons 27

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This baby's going to overtime.............at which time Haush money exorcises his 2016 demons by kicking a 47 yarder ftw.

Hawks 30
Falcons 27

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seattle's road struggles continue. The offensive line doesn't show up, and Wilson makes too many mistakes to overcome an early 14-0 deficit.

A furious second half rally falls short, and Atlanta hosts Green Bay in the Georgia Dome finale in a fight to be defeated by New England in the Superbowl.

Seattle 24 Atlanta 28

Aircrew

Reaction score
The one consistency this year is our inconsistency, I do not trust this team to repeat its performance from last weekend. That combined with our incredibly suspect O line and no Earl Thomas leaves me being a realist, hope to heck I'm wrong.

Atlanta 31 Seattle 20

sam1313

Reaction score
pacific101":1x9n0bx6 said:
Not to long ago I was not feeling all that confident about our chances in this one. A lot has happened over the past few weeks to put me more at ease going into this one though. I have seen all of our offensive coaches and players finally make the turn we have been working so hard to see happen this season.

Pete has been saying all along that it wasn't the lack of funds invested in our offensive line that was the problem, the Seahawks had put together a collection of highly skilled players, who would become a formidable line once they got some much needed experience and bonded together as a cohesive unit, which, in my opinion has happened.

With that occurrence the Seahawks have a complete offense that has allowed them to present a formidable run game and an even more threatening passing game, with our opponents now having to try and offer up coverages for both. When we last met Atlanta, Kam was out injured, Rawls was out injured, Lockett was at about 80% playing with a sore hip, and Christin was in that phase where he was tripping over his shoelaces every time it looked like he might get tackled.

The player who filled in for Kam in that game is now filling in for Earl, and doing a damn fine job of it I might add. Tyler is out and a big loss for us but his replacement is delivering much of the crazy good play he was and putting up as many points.

The Atlanta Falcons are not all that different of a team that we faced earlier this season but the Seattle Seahawks are, having finally come full circle, and are now firing on all eight coming into the post season. Signing Deven Hester is going to pay big dividends at some point going down the home stretch in route to the Super Bowl and will deliver for the Hawks in route to getting us there I do believe.

I'm not dillusional enough to think we can shut Atlanta down from scoring entirely, although I am confident that we can limit them both running and in the air, that what the sea will be able to deliver enough points by way of both their ground game and passing game to win this one by a significant spread.

There is no good reason to think differently given the fact that Atlanta's run defense allows about the same number of yards as the Lions defense does, and given that even with a non existent run game in out first meeting and a limited Russell Wilson who was forced to pass from the pocket, and couldn't shut us down, should have nothing but trouble with trying to defend either and in trying to do so will create even more opportunities for the Seahawks .

Our defense has regrouped and are playing like the LOB again. Look for an impressive and convincing win by Seattle in route to another Super Bowl shoot out.

Seattle Seahawks: 34
Atlanta Falcons: 23

Go Seahawks !!

I've been enjoying your posts Pacific 101, please keep them up. And, fo rmuch of the same reasons I agree with your prediction. :irishdrinkers: