Falcons fan here

FalconFromBirth

Reaction score
Hi all. Falcons fan here. Just wanted to stop in and say I can't wait for this game! its going to be another classic. Hope our boys can pull it off this time! The last home game we played you guys I met some of your fans, and have to say that they were a lot of fun to tailgate with. Saturday can't get here fast enough. Cheers!

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Welcome!

Have all the annoying Falcons fans been shown the door yet? I despise the knuckledraggers from other fan bases who show up to white knight their team and are obnoxious as hell.

chris98251

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3t5bwaow said:
Welcome!

Have all the annoying Falcons fans been shown the door yet? I despise the knuckledraggers from other fan bases who show up to white knight their team and are obnoxious as hell.

There is a back up at the door between annoying Niners, Falcons, Rams, Cardinals, and some others, seems like the annoying Seahawks fans are wanting the last word as they leave and causing the back up.

4DaBirds

Reaction score
thebanjodude":261l6sn6 said:
Welcome!

I just got here myself.

I'm not here to pump up my team. Instead, I just want to see what you guys have to say about this Saturday's matchup.

I'm excited to see my team back in the playoffs after a 3 year drought. I'm hoping the Falcons can shine in the spotlight, and not wither like delicate flower.

I'm curious to see if the Seahawks D starts off in man coverage or zone. I want to see if the Falcons D can generate some pressure, or get a turnover or two.

Aside from the last two divisional games (which are always tough), the Falcons haven't played any really good teams since KC, and they lost that one.

Keys to a Falcon win:

The offense has to get off to a fast start, score immediately, and then score some more.

The Falcon D needs to limit 3rd down conversions and get off the field.

The Falcons D is not good in the red zone, so they need to get some turnovers to keep things going their way.

Keys to a Seahawk win:

Offense needs to control the clock by running the ball.

Get Jimmy Graham involved, as he is a Falcon killer.

Don't let the Falcon running backs get into a groove

Get pressure on Ryan. Ryan won't fold but you need to disrupt him, because he will find the open man more often than not.

Here's to a good game and no injuries. GO FALCONS!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Good to meet you both. Thanks for the x's and o's discussion. We welcome that kind of banter here from all opposing fans. He's to no injuries on both sides!! Welcome to .NET. :irishdrinkers:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ought to be some great games in store, as Quinn knows our team well. Out of all the coaches who've moved on, I miss him the most. Too bad we couldn't have figured out a way to keep him here as Pete's eventual replacement, but talent like that won't stay put if there's an oppotunity to advance and grow.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Foghawk

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling:

4DaBirds":etqdc4fs said:
Keys to a Falcon win:

The offense has to get off to a fast start, score immediately, and then score some more. Seahawks Fans worst nightmare right here :lol:

Keys to a Seahawk win:

Offense needs to control the clock by running the ball. This is what I'm hoping for

Get Jimmy Graham involved, as he is a Falcon killer. Never thought about the fact that Falcon fans have seen a lot of Jimmy when he was with the Saints until reading this. Maybe this is one of the reasons there's a few salty fans running around on this board :lol:

Don't let the Falcon running backs get into a groove Agree, see below

Get pressure on Ryan. Ryan won't fold but you need to disrupt him, because he will find the open man more often than not. Defensively for the Hawks IMO the game comes down to the Front 7 and Kam. They did a great job in Seattle earlier this year (less Kam) in the 1st half and will need to do it again. Ryan was uncomfortable and the run was stuffed, for the most part. Falcons did make a good adjustment rolling Ryan out to start the second half to keep him clean, and allowing him to connect on some out routes. Cooled down the pass rush a bit. I'll be curious to see if they incorporate some roll outs in the 1st couple of series of this game.

I think we should see a great game regardless of the outcome.

:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Zone versus Man coverage is just the start, I think if we can press versus off coverage is more important, beating your guys up before they get off the line, chipping your backs as they go into routes etc. Really what I am saying is walk up to your offense and punch you in the nose every time and see how your respond versus letting you guys run open uncontested routes.

Rob12

Reaction score
thebanjodude":k1bo9ge9 said:
Welcome!

That was us four years ago. Annoying, looking for validation. Most of us still are.

Most Falcons fans here have been cool. Respectable, but they don't take any shit (as they shouldn't). Glad to have them here.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
chris98251":v9cz28g7 said:
thebanjodude":v9cz28g7 said:
Welcome!

There is a back up at the door between annoying Niners, Falcons, Rams, Cardinals, and some others, seems like the annoying Seahawks fans are wanting the last word as they leave and causing the back up.

Niners and Cardinals fans have really not been bad lately. Some are quality posters on this board.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
4DaBirds":3dn68j4n said:
thebanjodude":3dn68j4n said:
Welcome!

I just got here myself.

I'm not here to pump up my team. Instead, I just want to see what you guys have to say about this Saturday's matchup.

I'm excited to see my team back in the playoffs after a 3 year drought. I'm hoping the Falcons can shine in the spotlight, and not wither like delicate flower.

I'm curious to see if the Seahawks D starts off in man coverage or zone. I want to see if the Falcons D can generate some pressure, or get a turnover or two.

Aside from the last two divisional games (which are always tough), the Falcons haven't played any really good teams since KC, and they lost that one.

Keys to a Falcon win:

The offense has to get off to a fast start, score immediately, and then score some more.

The Falcons D is not good in the red zone, so they need to get some turnovers to keep things going their way.

Keys to a Seahawk win:

Get pressure on Ryan. Ryan won't fold but you need to disrupt him, because he will find the open man more often than not.

Welcome and thanks for the classy post, except for your very last sentence. Always nice to have non crap talking opposing fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3qeo2onu said:
chris98251":3qeo2onu said:
thebanjodude":3qeo2onu said:
Welcome!

Niners and Cardinals fans have really not been bad lately. Some are quality posters on this board.
For most of the niner fans I think their current seasons record (2 -14) and their rebuilding mode that has failed miserably has taken the starch out of their shorts.8). Cards fans have rarely been a problem here.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
4DaBirds":1pqizaec said:
thebanjodude":1pqizaec said:
Welcome!

I just got here myself.

Keys to a Falcon win:

Keys to a Seahawk win:

welcome to .NET, seemed like a fairly objective post on the game!

I think most of us here are happy to concede Atlanta should be favourites, what has been bristling about the falcon fans on here so far has been there insistence that Atlanta will win by 20+ points and deliver an 'asswhoppin'. That's not impossible of course, but I'd render the chances unlikely at best.

For Seattle, I'm keeping a close eye on Reece's health, think it makes a big difference to our running game.

4DaBirds

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3tqqcvdr said:
4DaBirds":3tqqcvdr said:
thebanjodude":3tqqcvdr said:
Welcome!

I just got here myself.

Keys to a Falcon win:

Keys to a Seahawk win:

welcome to .NET, seemed like a fairly objective post on the game!

I think most of us here are happy to concede Atlanta should be favourites, what has been bristling about the falcon fans on here so far has been there insistence that Atlanta will win by 20+ points and deliver an 'asswhoppin'. That's not impossible of course, but I'd render the chances unlikely at best.

For Seattle, I'm keeping a close eye on Reece's health, think it makes a big difference to our running game.

I think it is a little preposterous to the think a double digit whooping would be in order for either team. It certainly could happen, but Vegas says differently, and they know a thing or two about these things.

I'm certain that Bennett will be all in Ryan's face again, and that got good results last time. I think Atlanta will try to counter that by getting the running backs involved early, or by using a hurry up style early on and often. The pass rush is going to have to be big for the Seahawks.

I don't know if the Seahawks will see the same "13" (3 TE's, and 1 back) grouping that Atlanta used (with success) last time, as Jacob Tamme is out for the year, and our other TE (Hooper is coming back from injury), but we still have Levine Toiolio (who's decent), but 2 other rookies who are nothing special.

It'll be interesting to see if Julio is healthy, and if he will be effective. Julio has not really played at full strength for the last 2 games (he also missed several games too), and it showed. With Julio limited, some others (Falcons are very deep at WR) did step up huge, so I'm curious to see who the Falcons have active. If Nick Williams is active, then Seahawks will have to be mindful of this little white dude, because he has good hands and shifty speed, and has been a chain mover when active. However, the Falcons covet speed, so it might be Aldrich Robinson and Hardy backing up Julio and Sanu, with Taylor Gabriel in the slot.

Is it Saturday yet?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
4DaBirds":3iaq7ojm said:

This. Especially without Earl.

Avril, Bennett, Clark and Marsh HAVE to be on their A+ games to have a shot at slowing down Ryan.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Followthelegion":vo2hamxl said:

Who was it? Quote please? I'd like to tell him he's probably a bit too excited and shouldn't use words like "asswhoppin."

I totally believe Atlanta wins but I'd be more inclined to say somewhere between a 7-15 point margin of victory.

As for Graham... yeah , he was a Falcon killer back in the day... but the Saints used him a lot more than Seattle does for some reason.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":8565do0a said:
Followthelegion":8565do0a said:

Who was it? Quote please? I'd like to tell him he's probably a bit too excited and shouldn't use words like "asswhoppin."

I totally believe Atlanta wins but I'd be more inclined to say somewhere between a 7-15 point margin of victory.

As for Graham... yeah , he was a Falcon killer back in the day... but the Saints used him a lot more than Seattle does for some reason.

Bad equivalency. We pass less in general.