Can someone link me to the Julio facemask

rightbench

Reaction score
I'm tired of seeing the supposed PI by Sherman over and over and over.

Does anyone have a good video of the beginning of the play where Julio facemasks Sherm and almost puts him on the turf? Would appreciate. Thanks.

Chapow

Reaction score
rightbench":1fonajwx said:

Does anyone have a good video of the beginning of the play where Julio facemasks Sherm and almost puts him on the turf? Would appreciate. Thanks.

Shhhhh... nobody is suppose to mention that part. We're only supposed to talk about the part where basically a hail mary was heaved to a single WR in tight double coverage with essentially the game on the line and the refs didn't bail them out by calling a DPI. Even though refs pretty much never make that call, it was the biggest travesty in NFL history (or so it would seem if you listen to some) and the only reason the the Seahawks won.

We're sooo lucky the NFL and the refs love us so much and always call the games in our favor. We probably wouldn't have ever won a game in the Pete Carroll era without those refs always calling games in our favor.

:3-1:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3bs3hgxa said:
rightbench":3bs3hgxa said:

Shhhhh... nobody is suppose to mention that part. We're only supposed to talk about the part where basically a hail mary was heaved to a single WR in tight double coverage with essentially the game on the line and the refs didn't bail them out by calling a DPI. Even though refs pretty much never make that call, it was the biggest travesty in NFL history (or so it would seem if you listen to some) and the only reason the the Seahawks won.

We're sooo lucky the NFL and the refs love us so much and always call the games in our favor. We probably wouldn't have ever won a game in the Pete Carroll era without those refs always calling games in our favor.

This was, without a doubt, the greatest thing I've read on .Net in a long time. Perfect execution and delivery. Well done.

It was a desperation throw by Ryan into double coverage like you said, yet Falcons fans and everyone else feels like the other 59 minutes of that game never took place.

cymatica

Reaction score
Found this on the interweb

UntriedBoringGosling.gif

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Chapow":2listsqh said:
rightbench":2listsqh said:

Refs never make a pi call where a dB grabs a receivers arm and pulls him down so he can't make a catch? Cause the nfl I've been watching, they'll flag them for breathing on somebody.

And if you're suggesting they stop throwing flags with 2 minutes left in the game, you'd be wrong there too. Julio tore up that secondary, that's the only way Sherman could stop him. Pretty smart cause julio would have made the catch, we run the clock out and kick a field goal to win. So he gambled on the chance that he doesn't get called, and let's be real.. I've seen a lot of Seahawk games, he had a pretty good chance

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SyCOLA":1e758phn said:
Chapow":1e758phn said:
rightbench":1e758phn said:

Refs never make a pi call where a dB grabs a receivers arm and pulls him down so he can't make a catch? Cause the nfl I've been watching, they'll flag them for breathing on somebody.

And if you're suggesting they stop throwing flags with 2 minutes left in the game, you'd be wrong there too. Julio tore up that secondary, that's the only way Sherman could stop him. Pretty smart cause julio would have made the catch, we run the clock out and kick a field goal to win. So he gambled on the chance that he doesn't get called, and let's be real.. I've seen a lot of Seahawk games, he had a pretty good chance
So you are totally ignoring the hands to the face penalty committed by Jones that wasn't called the n that same play before the alleged DPI?
Yes????

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hands to the face. Not being nit picky but calling it a facemask allows Falcons homers to say there was no facemask on the play and they would be right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":10xhv8c5 said:
Hands to the face. Not being nit picky but calling it a facemask allows Falcons homers to say there was no facemask on the play and they would be right.
Haven't seen one Falcons fan here admit the Julio Jones hands to the face penalty occurred and was missed, they are too busy claiming victimhood by the zebras....

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3576k2sh said:
seahawkfreak":3576k2sh said:
Haven't seen one Falcons fan here admit the Julio Jones hands to the face penalty occurred and was missed, they are too busy claiming victimhood by the zebras....

Good point. Just saw a post where one was claiming that it was two players inside 5 yards hand fighting for position.

Alexander

Reaction score
Maybe after getting slapped in the head and seeing no flag, Sherm realized the refs were swallowing their whistles and decided to get a little extracurricular at the end of the play. If so, smart guy.

In all seriousness, I find it odd that so many people are getting worked up over a play that, if properly officiated, would've resulted in offsetting penalties and a replay of 4th and 10 from the 25-yard line.

lobohawk

Reaction score
....and have to acknowledge that Jones only had a chance at the ball because he committed a penalty to get free.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Alexander":1rdblo89 said:
Maybe after getting slapped in the head and seeing no flag, Sherm realized the refs were swallowing their whistles and decided to get a little extracurricular at the end of the play. If so, smart guy.

In all seriousness, I find it odd that so many people are getting worked up over a play that, if properly officiated, would've resulted in offsetting penalties and a replay of 4th and 10 from the 25-yard line.
BINGO! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lobohawk":3o2ezhwb said:
....and have to acknowledge that Jones only had a chance at the ball because he committed a penalty to get free.
Another rock solid point.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":w3zav1rf said:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SyCOLA":1ng5verh said:
Chapow":1ng5verh said:
rightbench":1ng5verh said:

So you are totally ignoring the hands to the face by Jones before the alleged DPI?
Yes????

irocdave

Reaction score
SyCOLA":1ti5cwoi said:
Chapow":1ti5cwoi said:
rightbench":1ti5cwoi said:

And.....nothing in response to the video posted right above your post. Since the arm bar was so obvious, how about the whack upside the head and shove with the other arm off the LOS? Same play, just the first part that the media never talks about. Or Falcon fans.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SyCOLA":4rwjroaa said:
Chapow":4rwjroaa said:
rightbench":4rwjroaa said:

You just never stop do you ? Look at the gif above. It's obvious illegal hands to the face, which "cause the nfl I've been watching" made that a point of emphasis this year and they have been calling it.

At best you have offsetting penalties. You get the ball back and replay the down. With less time. But that doesn't fit almost any of the Falcons' fan narratives coming here. Oh, and you all say that it's not a big deal, but you all live it in damn near every post.

Most of us Seahawks fans will admit it was DPI by Sherman. But, looking at that gif, we're just as fired up that the torches and pitchforks are out for Sherman yet no one whispers about the offsetting penalty. The NFL even doctored up a different highlight showing a completely different release in which Sherman wasn't even in the picture. And fans bought it hook, line and sinker.

It's an easy exercise: imagine you have a pivotal call go for the Falcons, and there was also an uncalled penalty against, sure the Seahawks. And the NFL and the entire Hawks fanbase (and others) are all up in arms about the ruse. Thought so.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And they magical edit by Inside the NFL that doesn't even so much as SHOW the beginning of the play.
As usual, Hawks do something, the entire football world loses their minds. Other teams do something, it gets ignored. :2thumbs:

Same thing with the Hail Mary play by the packers on Sunday. Clear push off by Cobb. Not ONE word about it from the announcers or media. Interesting how that works.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":13kgnmtv said:

This sums it up pretty good......For a guy who got the best of Sherman with an illegal slap to the head and SHOULD have had better positioning to make the catch on that play....Julie found out the hard way, that Karma can sometimes be a fickle bitch. :stirthepot: