Fake crowd noise in Atlanta

ballard1951

Reaction score
In 2013 and 2014 the Falcons were fined for pumping in artificial crowd noise during home games. They were fined $350,000, and lost a draft pick.

Owner Arthur Blank said in a statement that the actions were "nowhere near the standards by which we run our business". That was obviously not true, as the despicable actions took place over two whole seasons.

How do we know that are not still doing it? :les:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
one of the top 3 worst sports cities in the country.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
And if you were doing it, would you not be sure to do it this weekend? a :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
sounds like thousands of seats are still for sale so might have to pump in the fake noise. they probably use crowd noise recorded from c link.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Cyrus12":8cjx3bkr said:
sounds like thousands of seats are still for sale so might have to pump in the fake noise. they probably use crowd noise recorded from c link.

So we can plan on hearing SEA.....HAWK chants from the clink in the Georgia dome? :mrgreen:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
How does Atlanta know whether or not we are still violating practice rules?

I'm sorry but c'mon OP. What are you actually trying to accomplish with this thread?

253hawk

Reaction score
ballard1951":1jrxjxyh said:
In 2013 and 2014 the Falcons were fined for pumping in artificial crowd noise during home games. They were fined $350,000, and lost a draft pick.

Owner Arthur Blank said in a statement that the actions were "nowhere near the standards by which we run our business". That was obviously not true, as the despicable actions took place over two whole seasons.

How do we know that are not still doing it? :snack:

Yeah, because I'm going to believe a guy who looks like a cartoon villain.

Arthur blank zpsa5242ab6

Hawks46

Reaction score
Vaclav44":3mvopsx1 said:
And if you were doing it, would you not be sure to do it this weekend? a :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Oh they'd do it. If it tips the odds in their favor and helps with a win, most teams would buy a divisional playoff win with 350k and a draft pick.

Erebus

Reaction score
A little off topic, but since we're talking about fake crowd noise, I think the Ravens do it too. I've been to several loud games, but theirs was different. I was at our game against them in 2015 and the crowd was mostly out of the game, especially in the second half. But without fail, on all of our third downs, the crowd all simultaneously got loud at the very same second. It wasn't gradual at all, and occurred as the Hawks broke the huddle. Could be legit, but definitely seemed fishy.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2zgepx89 said:

I'm sorry but c'mon OP. What are you actually trying to accomplish with this thread?

Just shows that they are well aware their stadium isn't loud enough. Zero fear in playing there.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this no longer happens. They were fined and lost a draft pick. Also the person responsible was fired, though I'm sure he was a scapegoat.

Atlantas fanbase is pathetic, but look at those teams they were putting on the field in 13, and 14. Can't blame fans for abandoning ship. There are other issues they had to deal with.. like going into silent counts at home because the opposing team brought more fans than they did.

Fortunately, the culture is changing with Dan Quinn who repeatedly reaches out to the fanbase.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
:17:
Rob12":1ypxmee1 said:
Hawk-Lock":1ypxmee1 said:

Just shows that they are well aware their stadium isn't loud enough. Zero fear in playing there.

GA dome is one of the loudest in the nfl.. usually one of the emptiest though which nullifies the loudest part lol.

Zombie Hawk

Reaction score
The Colts used to do it when Manning was there too.

I have to admit it still concerns me. They were doing it for years and it took that long to get caught. Whos to say they don't ramp it up in an important playoff game. Also just my opinion, but pumping fake crowd noise to make a stadium louder when on defense seems like an egregious violation considering the advantage it provides. It's worse than anything the Patriots have done which is saying a lot.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":o149xjim said:

The same thing most people are trying to accomplish.
Create dialogue.

Based on the responses, it appears to be a topic of interest.

If you have to say "I'm sorry" as you respond, generally speaking your response is one that probably could/should be left out of a thread.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
253hawk":1a0sxsbp said:
ballard1951":1a0sxsbp said:

How do we know that are not still doing it? :snack:

Yeah, because I'm going to believe a guy who looks like a cartoon villain.

Arthur blank zpsa5242ab6

Gotta use this one if your talking about the creepy owner. Watch out coach!!!

B9NqTvt

mikeak

Reaction score
They are building a new stadium that will be louder since they can't pump in fake noise any more so that is their long term solution to this issue :stirthepot:

In reality the sale of PSLs for the new stadium was going horribly. I don't know an update but they are damn lucky they had a great year this year and really need this win to sell PSLs for millions of dollars. So some could argue they will do whatever they can to make that happen....... :stirthepot:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
gowazzu02":s1dilqhu said:

B9NqTvt

All Mr. Blank wants to do is win... and getting rid of this guy in favor of Dan Quinn was the first step.

Dude gave locker room speeches like he was at a funeral... it's no wonder we blew the Super Bowl chance in 2012.

Never paid much attention to the crowd noise thing... but the GA Dome is 25 years old and I think our new stadium will be rockin' next year with plenty of noise.

Seymour

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3oo3mtjq said:
gowazzu02":3oo3mtjq said:

All Mr. Blank wants to do is win... and getting rid of this guy in favor of Dan Quinn was the first step.

Dude gave locker room speeches like he was at a funeral... it's no wonder we blew the Super Bowl chance in 2012.

Never paid much attention to the crowd noise thing... but the GA Dome is 25 years old and I think our new stadium will be rockin' next year with plenty of noise.

You better get used to that look. Hey, maybe they could place androids in the empty seats with 1000 watt radio controled voices to cheer for your team?