Richard Sherman vs Julio Jones

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
We all know how the first meeting this season went. Taking that into account, does Sherman stick to defending his designated side of the field, or is he given the task of shadowing Jones the entire game. Personally, I'd like to see Sherman lock this guy down and force Sanu and Gabriel to step up.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Gabriel is their version of Lockett, and Im sure with see several balls his way Saturday. Terrell is going to have his hands full all afternoon on the deep ball between him and Julio.

I really hope Pete has Sherm shadow Julio all day as well.

BayFalcon

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3t27hb30 said:
Gabriel is their version of Lockett, and Im sure with see several balls his way Saturday. Terrell is going to have his hands full all afternoon on the deep ball between him and Julio.

So do I

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sherman will shadow Jones.

Lane can't cover him and neither can Shead. We don't have a choice here.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Sherman, McCray, Terrell, and Kam are gonna birddog Julio's ass in circles till he's exhausted, and then start picking him off with greater results the further along into the game we get.

I mention both McCray and Terrell because I'm hoping Pete sees that the both can be highly effective at free safety, and by rotating them in and out, that they will only be more effective in coverage

Richard Sherman is not the self proclaimed "Greatest Corner Back, to ever play the game of professional football", not just at present, but ever in its history. He is statistically just exactly that and he is on a mission going into this playoff season, committed to proving to everyone why that's not an unearned or undeserved description of him.

I think we are all going to witness one of the greatest showdowns in NFL history this Saturday.

Go Seahawks !!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Per Sheil Kapedia

"By my count, Richard Sherman was on Julio Jones for 30 of 46 coverage snaps in Week 6. On those plays, Matt Ryan was 3-for-5 for 40 yards when targeting Jones. The Falcons did a good job of using motion to get Jones away from Sherman. And the Seahawks busted a coverage that led to a 36-yard Jones TD. He ended up with seven catches for 139 yards. On the final drive, Sherman shadowed Jones for four straight plays – even when he was in the slot. Story line this week: Will the Seahawks have Sherman travel with Jones even more Saturday?"

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I think Kam needs to steal Julio Jones' soul like he did to Vernon Davis, and give him alligator arms for the whole game. Just one hit, early on...

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
BayFalcon":z770wptp said:
Hawk_Nation":z770wptp said:

So do I

The Falcons don't.

Sheil Kapadia":z770wptp said:
Richard Sherman was on Julio Jones for 30 of 46 coverage snaps in Week 6. On those plays, Matt Ryan was 3-for-5 for 40 yards when targeting Jones. The Falcons did a good job of using motion to get Jones away from Sherman.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/sea ... e-seahawks

edit: EverydayImRusselin ninja'd me while I went to grab the same quote. :2thumbs:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
From what I understand, without Bam Bam helping align the defense, there were some HUGE communication issues that led to coverage failures. Here's to having Kam back on the field!!!!

95742792d3e529cfe2f39227204e2f52