When the whole nation counts us out...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
When the whole nation counts us out...
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 am
  • Every poster / media person is voting for the Falcons... Y'all remember when the whole country thought the Broncos offense was going to destroy us? How on earth could we have stopped that o so powerful offense? No one was thinking of Seattle that year as one of the greatest defenses ever until after that victory.

We have seen time and time again with this squad, if you count us out.. Say we aren't good enough.. this team punches you in the mouth and it punches you very hard...

I guarantee you our players are paying attention to the media like they always do...

I LOVE THIS! Stephen A Smith said it best earlier this week... This team is full of rough riders.. full of some straight dawgs...
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: When the whole nation counts us out...
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 am
  • We need to play with a chip on our shoulder and take on that underdog mentality. Us against the world!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am
  • If RW hadn't been injured and our 3 rookie O-Line had gotten it together sooner we probably would have been the #1 seed but you know what?....There is a lot of fight to this team regardless of who is injured or young.

I liked what I saw last Saturday, and remember all the last 3 road games although we started slow we finished well. People are freaking out about no ET, but if you watched the first match up this year, Earl was beaten many times for long gains and TD's. In those three divisional losses on the road, the Seahawks outscored their opponents 52-10 in the fourth quarter. Keeping from getting in a hole is pretty important.

This time we have Kam in, and Clark, also Rawls. Against a very porous run defense by the Failcons.

I like our chances.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am
  • Seems like whenever this team is written off is when they perform best. Hope they do it again this time. I remember the media saying they had no chance of beating tom brady in foxbourough earlier this season.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am
  • Do you remember when this entire board didn't give us a shot vs NE earlier this year....(well not everyone,,,, ahem....)
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:We need to play with a chip on our shoulder and take on that underdog mentality. Us against the world!

This plays best when it can prove people wrong. Listen ATL is good and they have a good shot this weekend. But i've seen this team play against the best of the best offenses and beat them time and time again.

I said it in another thread. The only thing that changed with us losing the 2 seed is this game is played in ATL.

Someone said that i wasn't thinking about the wild card game......

And you know,,,they're right... although not the way they thought. I think we regained our mojo vs the lions. Look for us to come out and POUND the rock. We found a receiver who can help offset losing Lockett and the oline guard to guard dominated! Im so stoked!!! ahhh can it be Saturday already?
    Last edited by gowazzu02 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm
  • Heck, why are the Seahawks even there? They don't have a shot in hell. They might as well pack up and go home. :sarcasm_on:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Do you remember when this entire board didn't give us a shot vs NE earlier this year....(well not everyone,,,, ahem....)

Many on this forum said we didn't have a chance against Atlanta even if we beat Detroit. Glad that has dissipated away and most seem to be on board. A united front is encouraging and it isn't just rah rah homerism. A win will be tough but it seems a lot of .NET participants are envisioning a strategy we can win with.

All for the soul snatching and I want a ton of first downs and a high 3rd down percentage rate.
    If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – AE

Image Image
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:51 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Every poster / media person is voting for the Falcons... Y'all remember when the whole country thought the Broncos offense was going to destroy us? How on earth could we have stopped that o so powerful offense? No one was thinking of Seattle that year as one of the greatest defenses ever until after that victory.

We have seen time and time again with this squad, if you count us out.. Say we aren't good enough.. this team punches you in the mouth and it punches you very hard...

I guarantee you our players are paying attention to the media like they always do...

I LOVE THIS! Stephen A Smith said it best earlier this week... This team is full of rough riders.. full of some straight dawgs...

No, I sure don't. I remember close to a 50 / 50 split myself. #1 O vs #1 D, many will take the D every time.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• just when you think you have the HAWKS figured out......YOU REALLY DON'T
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

• Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• cymatica wrote:Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened

A wise poster once said just that...... . :)
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• cymatica wrote:Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened

I picked us to win.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:
    cymatica wrote:Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened

That was a big game for me, normally im the knock on wood, don't jynx us type of guy. But with all the hullaballoo on this board before I had enough and was battling with the nega hawks fans. I guaranteed a W. It changed my lead up to games since.

And YES we will beat Atlanta this weekend.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• I prefer everyone to count us out. Makes it better when the Hawks get the win.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• This match looks perfect to gain confidence and reach the SB, the opportunity to send a message to the whole league and stand up saying: here we are!!
    luigi_sal
    NET Bench Warmer

• gowazzu02 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    cymatica wrote:Reminds me of the patriots game this year. No one gsve them a chance. Look what happened

That was a big game for me, normally im the knock on wood, don't jynx us type of guy. But with all the hullaballoo on this board before I had enough and was battling with the nega hawks fans. I guaranteed a W. It changed my lead up to games since.

I gave us a win too and have almost the same feeling
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• Not being the favorite doesn't mean everyone is counting us out.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:27 pm
  • Very true. But it's fun convincing myself that everyone thinks we'll lose :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:Not being the favorite doesn't mean everyone is counting us out.

The talking heads i've seen have all been atlanta.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:If RW hadn't been injured and our 3 rookie O-Line had gotten it together sooner we probably would have been the #1 seed but you know what?....There is a lot of fight to this team regardless of who is injured or young.

I liked what I saw last Saturday, and remember all the last 3 road games although we started slow we finished well. People are freaking out about no ET, but if you watched the first match up this year, Earl was beaten many times for long gains and TD's. In those three divisional losses on the road, the Seahawks outscored their opponents 52-10 in the fourth quarter. Keeping from getting in a hole is pretty important.

This time we have Kam in, and Clark, also Rawls. Against a very porous run defense by the Failcons.

I like our chances.

Agreed. The most important thing to me is the Hawks are playing indoors on turf. If the game would have been scheduled for Clink and the weather had been freezing or rainy I'd been very concerned.

Terrell has been improving. He's not the huge liability he was earlier. Like Pete said, he doesn't make the same mistake twice. If Kam had been playing in that earlier contest I seriously doubt the Falcons would have scored 21 points in the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing this defense with Kam, Morgan, Bennett, and Clark all playing in post season form.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• gowazzu02 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Not being the favorite doesn't mean everyone is counting us out.

That's cause Atlanta's at home, well rested and favored to win the game.

If there's one thing I wish would go away on this forum it's the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that somehow the national media hates Seattle.

Now maybe some media people and other team's fans are tired of us winning, and therefore want us to lose........like we do with teams like the Pats, Steelers, etc? But to think there's some sort of bias against us is nonsense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

If there's one thing I wish would go away on this forum it's the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that somehow the national media hates Seattle.

Now maybe some media people and other team's fans are tired of us winning, and therefore want us to lose........like we do with teams like the Pats, Steelers, etc? But to think there's some sort of bias against us is nonsense.

While I agree that there is no conspiracy against the Hawks, pundits have biases against teams (not just ours). It is individual to each person. Some hid it better than others. Just like an announcer who was an offensive player will be biased towards that side of the ball when calling things. Human nature.

Also the large media markets dominate things because that is where the money is. A bias but not personal. If Seattle became a top 3 media market then they would get all the press as well. This applies to legacy teams as well.

Also going against the grain when talking about things also gets ratings. Controversy and all that. Lets not kid ourselves about how sensitive this fan base is. If anyone criticizes or picks against us then shame on them. Once again driving up there ratings. Kind of self fulfilling for us.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 am
  • We are going to beat the Falcons boys.
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Starter

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Just had to shut off NFL network after only a few minutes....
    They showed a preview of our game and spent four minutes talking about how great Ryan and jones are and showing throws and touch downs and two seconds on showing Sherman. How out right biased this game will be.
    Sickening
    I hope our guys come out fired up and kick the sh** out of the Falcons.
    cdn hawk fan
    NET Starter

• Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

While I agree that there is no conspiracy against the Hawks, pundits have biases against teams (not just ours). It is individual to each person. Some hid it better than others. Just like an announcer who was an offensive player will be biased towards that side of the ball when calling things. Human nature.

Also the large media markets dominate things because that is where the money is. A bias but not personal. If Seattle became a top 3 media market then they would get all the press as well. This applies to legacy teams as well.

Also going against the grain when talking about things also gets ratings. Controversy and all that. Lets not kid ourselves about how sensitive this fan base is. If anyone criticizes or picks against us then shame on them. Once again driving up there ratings. Kind of self fulfilling for us.

I watch and listen to an unhealthy amount of sports talk, and I have for the better part of 30 years. Both local and national.

Other than the random Skip Bayless who only says crazy crap to troll and get ratings, I've yet to notice any perceived media bias against the Hawks, or any other Seattle sports team.

The issue here is not the national media, it's us. There are too many thin skinned relatively new homer Hawk fans that can't handle when media people, other players, analysts, broadcasters or anyone saying negative things about our beloved Seahawks.

So THAT'S perceived on here as a bias against us. Thus the dozens of threads started each and every month, like the one we're posting on now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• cymatica wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

I gave us a win too and have almost the same feeling

I do too again. I have the same exact feeling about us winning.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• luigi_sal wrote:This match looks perfect to gain confidence and reach the SB, the opportunity to send a message to the whole league and stand up saying: here we are!!

Dont know why....but what you said brought this memory back to me....

Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Truth, the worship for Atlanta, GB, Dallas etc. is just pathetic.
    Especially when the Hawks have done WAY more than any of those teams the last number of years.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Atlanta is a much better team than Detroit, but very beatable.

I want to see a chippy, angry Hawks step onto the field, hungry for a brawl.

If that version shows up, I see the Falcons starting to cower by the 2nd quarter and we roll from there.

If we start off slow and allow them to think we're not so tough, there could be trouble.

Curb stomp 'em quick and ask who's next.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• Even if there were media bias against us, I wouldn't worry. I mean if you ask other team's fans, the NFL wants the Seahawks to win and the refs are in our pocket. :lol:
    pre·vent de·fense
    n. Football
    A defensive formation in which a team prevents their defense from stopping the other team's offense.
    hannibalking
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information