Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How do you slow down M. Ryan? You put him on the ground...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Richards was asked how to slow down the Falcons offense. His answer was very clear: you put him on the ground.
    No hesitation. No long talks ... nothing. Just a simple message to his team: You put him on the ground.
    That's Kris game plan and I agree 100%.
    Away with the prevent Defense. Away with Rushing 4 guys ... and all the nice schemes. There is only ONE way to win the game on Saturday: Put Matt Ryan on the ground.

joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!
    Marlin Man
    NET Starter

• To quote Al Davis:

"The other team's quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I'll take another "barely won" type situation :)
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Marlin Man wrote:They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

They beat the crap out of him last time. Except for the 3rd quarter when they all of a sudden decided to change what was working (if I remembering that right).
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• Marlin Man wrote:They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

Did you see the game?
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• makkapakka wrote:
    Marlin Man wrote:They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

Did you see the game?

Seahawks dominated majority of the game. They beat us by manipulating our zone using a backup TE to move in motion and take Sherm away from Julio. That resulted in two big broken TD plays.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:
    Marlin Man wrote:They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

Did you see the game?

Seahawks dominated majority of the game. They beat us by manipulating our zone using a backup TE to move in motion and take Sherm away from Julio. That resulted in two big broken TD plays.

True story. They also started the 2nd half rolling Ryan out some to help keep him off his ass.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• I believe Matt Ryan was hit 13 times, when he played in Seattle. I'm sure guys remember that. We must continue to get to him ... it will eventually pay off... We need to blitz from all angles. But, we need to make sure, we are not too predictable.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• I like our chances if we put pressure on Ryan rushing only four. That NASCAR package looked pretty darn impressive this past Saturday night.
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:

Did you see the game?

I give you props for that. You're the only Seahawks' fan I've read so far (from reading other posts here) that actually understands that the 'blown coverage' was due to Shanny's scheme. He schemed the Seahawks into that 'blown coverage'. It wasn't just a 'mistake' by your D that has nothing to do with us. Many here are saying the only reason we scored on those plays was because you just blew it, in other words the Falcons were lucky, and not recognizing Shanny's scheme baited you into the blown coverage.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

• fuego wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:

Did you see the game?

I give you props for that. You're the only Seahawks' fan I've read so far (from reading other posts here) that actually understands that the 'blown coverage' was due to Shanny's scheme. He schemed the Seahawks into that 'blown coverage'. It wasn't just a 'mistake' by your D that has nothing to do with us. Many here are saying the only reason we scored on those plays was because you just blew it, in other words the Falcons were lucky, and not recognizing Shanny's scheme baited you into the blown coverage.

It was a blown coverage. I can blame Sherman or McCray but one of them didn't get the right coverage call. Considering Sherman was the only one in man and everyone else was in zone I'm going with Sherman. Hence the following ass chewing that Kris Richard was giving Sherman, along with Kam, after the play. You can get offended all you want but I don't think anyone here downplays your OC's playcalling ability and since Sherman is arguable the best CB in the league, him making a mistake like that is rare. So yeah, you got lucky. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jones+touchdown+vs+the+seahawks&view=detail&mid=EE23EF222A40453BF3C6EE23EF222A40453BF3C6&FORM=VIRE

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    It was a blown coverage. I can blame Sherman or McCray but one of them didn't get the right coverage call. Considering Sherman was the only one in man and everyone else was in zone I'm going with Sherman. Hence the following ass chewing that Kris Richard was giving Sherman, along with Kam, after the play. You can get offended all you want but I don't think anyone here downplays your OC's playcalling ability and since Sherman is arguable the best CB in the league, him making a mistake like that is rare. So yeah, you got lucky. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jones+touchdown+vs+the+seahawks&view=detail&mid=EE23EF222A40453BF3C6EE23EF222A40453BF3C6&FORM=VIRE

As I said, mistaowen is the only Seahawk's fan here that really got what happened. No luck involved. Totally due to Shanny's scheme. The scheme caused the confusion it was meant to cause.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

• fuego wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

As I said, mistaowen is the only Seahawk's fan here that really got what happened. No luck involved. Totally due to Shanny's scheme. The scheme caused the confusion it was meant to cause.

......and we are still waiting for Falcons fans admit that Julio's hands to the face should have been called.
    Hypocrisy?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• fuego wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

Sherman thought it was man coverage, at least up front. He was wrong. He did not get the right defensive call from the Defensive Coordinator. Unless "Shanny", told Richie to play man coverage, the mistake wasn't due to "Shanny's" great genius. I clearly see Kam Chancellor tell Sherman "that was on you!". One doesn't fool a defense in zone coverage. The QB waits for the zone to spread out and find Wrs in gaps of said zone.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    fuego wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

Sherman thought it was man coverage, at least up front. He was wrong. He did not get the right defensive call from the Defensive Coordinator. Unless "Shanny", told Richie to play man coverage, the mistake wasn't due to "Shanny's" great genius. I clearly see Kam Chancellor tell Sherman "that was on you!". One doesn't fool a defense in zone coverage. The QB waits for the zone to spread out and find Wrs in gaps of said zone.

I dont know the exact quote, but McCray said after the game that they changed coverages based on the look the offense gives them. Id bet the original call was man, so Sherman lined up on Julio. When the TE went into motion, he took Sherman with him. I'd guess the plan going into the game was to never have anybody other than Sherman playing man on Julio. Sherm forgot the plan, and blamed it on McCray for not telling him to switch to zone, even though they probably talked about it all week.

I have no idea if this is what happened, but its the best I can come up with.

Shanahan may have been trying to cause confusion, or he was simply dictating matchups trying to get Sherman off of Julio. Nobody knows or sure, but I doubt he was banking on confusion in a notoriously smart secondary.
    ARhawk
    NET Rookie

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    fuego wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

Few things on this play make no sense to me. It looks to me like everybody but Sherm was playing Cover 3, as the announcer stated. But if Sherm thought it was man, why in the world would he be lined up across from the TE and not Jones. I would think they would want Sherm and McCray flip flopped there in man. And given how the whole thing unfolded, I think McCray showed a complete lack of awareness on what was going on around him (mainly in front of him) as Jones slides by completely uncontested.

As far as the play causing confusion, most plays in the NFL are designed to cause confusion or put a defender in a position to make a decision. If the defense was on the same page on that play, it's really not that complicated to defend.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Good news for our Hawks is that Clark was inactive that game and If I am not mistaken, Bennett got hurt that game....so they will have their full compliment of pass rushers available.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

• I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• had2bhawk wrote:I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

Sherman was negating him the last game until they started moving him around a ton presnap to get Sherman off of him.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• That's how you slow down any QB, especially timing/rhythm pocket passers like Ryan, Brady, Rivers, etc.

You hit em, sack em, make em move off their spots and make them uncomfortable inside the pocket.

Seattle did a great job of that the first game this year, hopefully Richard and the D can dial up the same constant pressure Saturday.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Fuego how can you say it wasn't a mistake and essentially blow coverage? You're doing the very same thing you're accusing Seahawks fans of doing. It was smart of your OC to motion the TE over and put Seattle in a situation where they needed to communicate better. That doesn't negate that Seattle made a mistake twice that led to touchdowns. They didn't get beat, they got fooled. So again, smart design and scouting and poor adjustment by Seattle that led to blown coverage. It's really that simple.

As for Richards comments I liked it when I heard it. We did very well early on and that was without Bennett for a half and no Clark. I like our chances of making him uncomfortable. Can't wait for this game.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• had2bhawk wrote:I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

You do realize there were a few games where Julio was held to very few yards and he also actually missed two or three games and we won all of those games. Matt threw TDs to 13 different receivers, an NFL record. You shout Julio down, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't rattle Matt in the least.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

• austinslater25 wrote:Fuego how can you say it wasn't a mistake and essentially blow coverage? You're doing the very same thing you're accusing Seahawks fans of doing. It was smart of your OC to motion the TE over and put Seattle in a situation where they needed to communicate better. That doesn't negate that Seattle made a mistake twice that led to touchdowns. They didn't get beat, they got fooled. So again, smart design and scouting and poor adjustment by Seattle that led to blown coverage. It's really that simple.

As for Richards comments I liked it when I heard it. We did very well early on and that was without Bennett for a half and no Clark. I like our chances of making him uncomfortable. Can't wait for this game.

Well I think we're saying the same thing. The scheme fooled them, and the TD resulted. Not that they 'got beat' per se.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

• Like any great pocket passer, you have to make them feel you. Brady and Manning are the same way.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• fuego wrote:
    had2bhawk wrote:I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

You do realize there were a few games where Julio was held to very few yards and he also actually missed two or three games and we won all of those games. Matt threw TDs to 13 different receivers, an NFL record. You shout Julio down, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't rattle Matt in the least.

I understand but did he throw against a good pass rush? I think if you take away first read, the defense will be on him. We'll see.
    :rumble:
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• Play a complete game is how you defeat any team.

You don't defeat players. You just try to make their experience unfriendly.

Meet Frank Clark, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett....Our welcoming committee.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Clark, Bennett and Avril all healthy should be a scary idea for just about any team. Don't forget Wagner has been blitzing really well this year too. I'm confident they'll get to the QB.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

• But if they tackle Ryan, in a football game, the world may crumble to the ground. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Our guys can't be afraid to take another step and hit him hard after he's thrown the ball. Make him hurt. They already know this, though.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Overseasfan wrote:Clark, Bennett and Avril all healthy should be a scary idea for just about any team. Don't forget Wagner has been blitzing really well this year too. I'm confident they'll get to the QB.

It's not like our Seahawks have hit any QBs this season already. Wentz? Romo? Goff? PLENTY of confidence.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• Hey Falcons fan fuego and others. Welcome to .net.

You are correct the Falcons are good. Your qb is good. You are correct that both teams are on the field. Some fans think it only comes down to thier teams performance. You are going home losers though. Have fun losing.

I said good not great.
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Starter

• At least Matt Ryan has the same amount of Playoff wins at Tim Tebow :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Maybe this college hit by David Dunham on Matt Ryan is a sign.... Note the jersey number.....

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information