How do you slow down M. Ryan? You put him on the ground...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Richards was asked how to slow down the Falcons offense. His answer was very clear: you put him on the ground.
No hesitation. No long talks ... nothing. Just a simple message to his team: You put him on the ground.
That's Kris game plan and I agree 100%.
Away with the prevent Defense. Away with Rushing 4 guys ... and all the nice schemes. There is only ONE way to win the game on Saturday: Put Matt Ryan on the ground.

[youtube]pKYco3vMHPA[/youtube]

Marlin Man

Reaction score
They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

sdog1981

Reaction score
To quote Al Davis:

"The other team's quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3tz0hxld said:
They sure as hell better get to him MORE than they did the last time we played them (and barely won). They are going to have to live or die with the blitz instead of that damn prevent defense crap that doesnt work anyway!

They beat the crap out of him last time. Except for the 3rd quarter when they all of a sudden decided to change what was working (if I remembering that right).

makkapakka

Reaction score
Marlin Man":17nz7bvf said:

Did you see the game?

mistaowen

Reaction score
makkapakka":o9600877 said:
Marlin Man":o9600877 said:

Did you see the game?

Seahawks dominated majority of the game. They beat us by manipulating our zone using a backup TE to move in motion and take Sherm away from Julio. That resulted in two big broken TD plays.

Foghawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":16y3rhte said:
makkapakka":16y3rhte said:
Marlin Man":16y3rhte said:

Did you see the game?

Seahawks dominated majority of the game. They beat us by manipulating our zone using a backup TE to move in motion and take Sherm away from Julio. That resulted in two big broken TD plays.

True story. They also started the 2nd half rolling Ryan out some to help keep him off his ass.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I believe Matt Ryan was hit 13 times, when he played in Seattle. I'm sure guys remember that. We must continue to get to him ... it will eventually pay off... We need to blitz from all angles. But, we need to make sure, we are not too predictable.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I like our chances if we put pressure on Ryan rushing only four. That NASCAR package looked pretty darn impressive this past Saturday night.

fuego

Reaction score
mistaowen":3dt679ko said:
makkapakka":3dt679ko said:
Marlin Man":3dt679ko said:

Did you see the game?

I give you props for that. You're the only Seahawks' fan I've read so far (from reading other posts here) that actually understands that the 'blown coverage' was due to Shanny's scheme. He schemed the Seahawks into that 'blown coverage'. It wasn't just a 'mistake' by your D that has nothing to do with us. Many here are saying the only reason we scored on those plays was because you just blew it, in other words the Falcons were lucky, and not recognizing Shanny's scheme baited you into the blown coverage.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
fuego":giwgqtcl said:
mistaowen":giwgqtcl said:
makkapakka":giwgqtcl said:
Marlin Man":giwgqtcl said:

Did you see the game?

I give you props for that. You're the only Seahawks' fan I've read so far (from reading other posts here) that actually understands that the 'blown coverage' was due to Shanny's scheme. He schemed the Seahawks into that 'blown coverage'. It wasn't just a 'mistake' by your D that has nothing to do with us. Many here are saying the only reason we scored on those plays was because you just blew it, in other words the Falcons were lucky, and not recognizing Shanny's scheme baited you into the blown coverage.

It was a blown coverage. I can blame Sherman or McCray but one of them didn't get the right coverage call. Considering Sherman was the only one in man and everyone else was in zone I'm going with Sherman. Hence the following ass chewing that Kris Richard was giving Sherman, along with Kam, after the play. You can get offended all you want but I don't think anyone here downplays your OC's playcalling ability and since Sherman is arguable the best CB in the league, him making a mistake like that is rare. So yeah, you got lucky. [urltargetblank]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jones+touchdown+vs+the+seahawks&view=detail&mid=EE23EF222A40453BF3C6EE23EF222A40453BF3C6&FORM=VIRE[/urltargetblank]

fuego

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":oq9sx3dd said:
It was a blown coverage. I can blame Sherman or McCray but one of them didn't get the right coverage call. Considering Sherman was the only one in man and everyone else was in zone I'm going with Sherman. Hence the following ass chewing that Kris Richard was giving Sherman, along with Kam, after the play. You can get offended all you want but I don't think anyone here downplays your OC's playcalling ability and since Sherman is arguable the best CB in the league, him making a mistake like that is rare. So yeah, you got lucky. [urltargetblank]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jones+touchdown+vs+the+seahawks&view=detail&mid=EE23EF222A40453BF3C6EE23EF222A40453BF3C6&FORM=VIRE[/urltargetblank]

As I said, mistaowen is the only Seahawk's fan here that really got what happened. No luck involved. Totally due to Shanny's scheme. The scheme caused the confusion it was meant to cause.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fuego":8zlj5v9e said:
seahawkfreak":8zlj5v9e said:

As I said, mistaowen is the only Seahawk's fan here that really got what happened. No luck involved. Totally due to Shanny's scheme. The scheme caused the confusion it was meant to cause.
......and we are still waiting for Falcons fans admit that Julio's hands to the face should have been called.
Hypocrisy?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
fuego":1g73v1o3 said:
seahawkfreak":1g73v1o3 said:

Sherman thought it was man coverage, at least up front. He was wrong. He did not get the right defensive call from the Defensive Coordinator. Unless "Shanny", told Richie to play man coverage, the mistake wasn't due to "Shanny's" great genius. I clearly see Kam Chancellor tell Sherman "that was on you!". One doesn't fool a defense in zone coverage. The QB waits for the zone to spread out and find Wrs in gaps of said zone.
[youtube]c3Di5mgiIFU[/youtube]

ARhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2vgrh9a8 said:
fuego":2vgrh9a8 said:
seahawkfreak":2vgrh9a8 said:

Sherman thought it was man coverage, at least up front. He was wrong. He did not get the right defensive call from the Defensive Coordinator. Unless "Shanny", told Richie to play man coverage, the mistake wasn't due to "Shanny's" great genius. I clearly see Kam Chancellor tell Sherman "that was on you!". One doesn't fool a defense in zone coverage. The QB waits for the zone to spread out and find Wrs in gaps of said zone.
[youtube]c3Di5mgiIFU[/youtube]
I dont know the exact quote, but McCray said after the game that they changed coverages based on the look the offense gives them. Id bet the original call was man, so Sherman lined up on Julio. When the TE went into motion, he took Sherman with him. I'd guess the plan going into the game was to never have anybody other than Sherman playing man on Julio. Sherm forgot the plan, and blamed it on McCray for not telling him to switch to zone, even though they probably talked about it all week.

I have no idea if this is what happened, but its the best I can come up with.

Shanahan may have been trying to cause confusion, or he was simply dictating matchups trying to get Sherman off of Julio. Nobody knows or sure, but I doubt he was banking on confusion in a notoriously smart secondary.

Foghawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3m8qjurw said:
fuego":3m8qjurw said:
seahawkfreak":3m8qjurw said:

Few things on this play make no sense to me. It looks to me like everybody but Sherm was playing Cover 3, as the announcer stated. But if Sherm thought it was man, why in the world would he be lined up across from the TE and not Jones. I would think they would want Sherm and McCray flip flopped there in man. And given how the whole thing unfolded, I think McCray showed a complete lack of awareness on what was going on around him (mainly in front of him) as Jones slides by completely uncontested.

As far as the play causing confusion, most plays in the NFL are designed to cause confusion or put a defender in a position to make a decision. If the defense was on the same page on that play, it's really not that complicated to defend.

niveky

Reaction score
Good news for our Hawks is that Clark was inactive that game and If I am not mistaken, Bennett got hurt that game....so they will have their full compliment of pass rushers available.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
had2bhawk":2f3361q1 said:
I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

Sherman was negating him the last game until they started moving him around a ton presnap to get Sherman off of him.