Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Holmgren should raise the 12th Man Flag

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Holmgren should raise the 12th Man Flag
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 pm
  • Any ideas why he hasn't yet? Is he on the outs with Paul Allen or current management? He's on KJR Sports Radio most Monday mornings at 9 it seems. Has he said something to make the team distance themselves from him?

Just thinking he would be such an obvious choice to raise the flag.
    MO Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• If Dallas wins this weekend, it won't matter until next year anyway, but based on current direction, the next flag-raiser will be either Ken Behring or Josh Brown.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:If Dallas wins, it won't matter until next year anyway, but based on current direction, the next flag-raiser will be either Ken Behring or Josh Brown.

:lol:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Well even if we win and GB wins, there is only one person who raises the flag on championship weekend.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:Well even if we win and GB wins, there is only one person who raises the flag on championship weekend.

Yup.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Truth. It's not even up for debate. Only one person raises that flag for NFC Championship games.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• KJR Seattle Sports Radio had Holmgren on at 9 AM Monday, I believe, and they talked about the 12th man flag in 2 areas. First they talked about his former lineman that left and the first time Holmgren saw him after that at a wedding. Holmgren said he didn't want to talk to him but his wife made him say hello.

They then asked Holmgren on his thoughts on why he hadn't been selected to raise the flag. He kind of dodged the question a little bit as I'm sure it was awkward for him. Interestingly, they asked him if the NFC Championship game were in Seattle between the Seahawks and Packers and he were asked to raise the flag there how he would feel. I think he said he would be honored to do it, but it would be a little award.

Love to have Paul Allen raise it again as it means we would be one step from the Superbowl. Also love to get the Packers back in our stadium to do a little payback for an earlier game this season.
    MO Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Agreed. Unless the PA isn't in town.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Didn't even think of the Packers angle. That would be awkward for Holmgren. He has a Super Bowl championship with him, and they named a street outside the stadium for him.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• If it is relevant I think Paul should put the call in to Lynch.
    He knows damn well himself that's the sure fire way to light the team and our worlds on fire.
    Wishful thinking, I know.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• The Breh wrote:If it is relevant I think Paul should put the call in to Lynch.
    He knows damn well himself that's the sure fire way to light the team and our worlds on fire.
    Wishful thinking, I know.

OMG, could you imagine that?!?! #BEASTQUAKE 2.0 before the game :mrgreen:
    kmeleon
    NET Rookie

• Paul Allen owns the flag if we get the Championship game and that's ok with me because without him we would have no Championships,no Super Bowls and no team today
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information