Holmgren should raise the 12th Man Flag

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Any ideas why he hasn't yet? Is he on the outs with Paul Allen or current management? He's on KJR Sports Radio most Monday mornings at 9 it seems. Has he said something to make the team distance themselves from him?

Just thinking he would be such an obvious choice to raise the flag.

Rat

Reaction score
If Dallas wins this weekend, it won't matter until next year anyway, but based on current direction, the next flag-raiser will be either Ken Behring or Josh Brown.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Rat":1urvngca said:
If Dallas wins, it won't matter until next year anyway, but based on current direction, the next flag-raiser will be either Ken Behring or Josh Brown.

:lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well even if we win and GB wins, there is only one person who raises the flag on championship weekend.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
KJR Seattle Sports Radio had Holmgren on at 9 AM Monday, I believe, and they talked about the 12th man flag in 2 areas. First they talked about his former lineman that left and the first time Holmgren saw him after that at a wedding. Holmgren said he didn't want to talk to him but his wife made him say hello.

They then asked Holmgren on his thoughts on why he hadn't been selected to raise the flag. He kind of dodged the question a little bit as I'm sure it was awkward for him. Interestingly, they asked him if the NFC Championship game were in Seattle between the Seahawks and Packers and he were asked to raise the flag there how he would feel. I think he said he would be honored to do it, but it would be a little award.

Love to have Paul Allen raise it again as it means we would be one step from the Superbowl. Also love to get the Packers back in our stadium to do a little payback for an earlier game this season.

Rat

Reaction score
Didn't even think of the Packers angle. That would be awkward for Holmgren. He has a Super Bowl championship with him, and they named a street outside the stadium for him.

The Breh

Reaction score
If it is relevant I think Paul should put the call in to Lynch.
He knows damn well himself that's the sure fire way to light the team and our worlds on fire.
Wishful thinking, I know.

kmeleon

Reaction score
The Breh":1hbvfmxk said:
If it is relevant I think Paul should put the call in to Lynch.
He knows damn well himself that's the sure fire way to light the team and our worlds on fire.
Wishful thinking, I know.

OMG, could you imagine that?!?! #BEASTQUAKE 2.0 before the game :mrgreen:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen owns the flag if we get the Championship game and that's ok with me because without him we would have no Championships,no Super Bowls and no team today