Quick Comparison Baldwin to Jones

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Again, ADB is getting not getting the respect he deserves in this league. ADB obviously had fewer total yards than Julio Jones, but here are some interesting stats. Especially considering how hit and miss the Seahawks offense has been this year.

These stats are regular season only:

ADB Reception percentage = 74.6
Jones Reception Percentage= 64.3

Obviously ADB has 1 more TD reception and exceeds Jones in yards after contact.

RECEIVING
NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC 1DN
Doug Baldwin 94 126 1128 12.0 7 59 16 70.5 1 0 467 52

RECEIVING
NAME RECTAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC 1DN
Julio Jones 83 129 1409 17.0 6 75 27 100.6 0 0 388 64

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Two different kind of receivers and that stats show it.

I love Baldwin but he's targeted on short and intermediate passes more so than Jones, who is more of a deep threat that plays on the outside, while Baldwin is more of a slot receiver.That's why the percentages favor Baldwin, his targets have a higher likelihood of being caught.

Still, Baldwins the man and I'm glad he's on the 'Hawks and not playing against us.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I agree completely. It will be fun to see how this week goes down. Because of the injury issues, and OL problems our threats have been severely underestimated. Hence Rawls WC game. I can't wait to see this game go down!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jones is a monster. Just a total freak, And the cool thing about him is he isn't a diva like so many other top flight WRs. He had a couple games this year where he didn't do much of anything, and he quitely went about his biz. Then the next week he'd go off for like 200.

ADB will never get the respect he truly deserves, but he is almost universally regarded as one of if not the best slot receiver in the game. He has been putting up big numbers lately.

The thing that ADB has that Julio doesn't is playoff experience, and playoff experience of coming up big.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Both guys are excellent, but Julio is on another level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jones is just ridiculous. Baldwin is great in his own right, just a different type of WR. Baldwin's route running may be the best in the game.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":csaq7un1 said:
Jones is just ridiculous. Baldwin is great in his own right, just a different type of WR. Baldwin's route running may be the best in the game.

I agree, but it's great to see ADBs numbers!

Largent80

Reaction score
Jones aspires to be Baldwin.

Falcons aspire to be Seahawks.

Unfortunetly for Falcons........Lacking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
D Jack in 2003 and 2004
Galloway in 1997 and 1998

Also, looked up Largent's stats. He had 1000+ in 4 straight seasons....TWICE.

Nice

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23rcbu7w said:
D Jack in 2003 and 2004
Galloway in 1997 and 1998

Also, looked up Largent's stats. He had 1000+ in 4 straight seasons....TWICE.

Nice

In less games per season also if memory serves and a less pass friendly league.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2glq8px7 said:
Two different kind of receivers and that stats show it.

I love Baldwin but he's targeted on short and intermediate passes more so than Jones, who is more of a deep threat that plays on the outside, while Baldwin is more of a slot receiver.That's why the percentages favor Baldwin, his targets have a higher likelihood of being caught.

Still, Baldwins the man and I'm glad he's on the 'Hawks and not playing against us.
Wow, last time I checked Pro Football Focus, their premium stats were $25 or $30 per year. Now it's $250 PER MONTH?! They're on crack.

I was going to look at their adjusted drop rate stat for receivers where they adjust for things to make it even; I'm pretty sure Baldwin still has a better (lower) drop rate than Julio, and I'm also betting that Julio runs more inside routes than people think, though not as many as Baldwin.

I can't prove it and I'm not going to pay that ridiculous sum for the PFF stats, though. It's interesting that Baldwin has more YAC and TDs than Julio, as well.

Ethanga62890

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3pttko8w said:
Jones is a monster. Just a total freak, And the cool thing about him is he isn't a diva like so many other top flight WRs. He had a couple games this year where he didn't do much of anything, and he quitely went about his biz. Then the next week he'd go off for like 200.

ADB will never get the respect he truly deserves, but he is almost universally regarded as one of if not the best slot receiver in the game. He has been putting up big numbers lately.

The thing that ADB has that Julio doesn't is playoff experience, and playoff experience of coming up big.
last time Julio was in the playoffs he absolutely demolished the 9ers secondary. He hasn't had as many chances in the postseason due to what is affectionately known as "smittyball"

getnasty

Reaction score
Julio is the best WR in the league, but Doug will have a bigger game on Saturday.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Baldwin is the most reliable receiver in the NFL. That's good enough for me and I assume Russ is more than happy with him as well.