Falcons Forum Falcon Cowboy NFCCG thread

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Have to admire their confidence.

I'd be pretty damned confident if I was a Falcons fan right now as well.

But the game has to get played

Rat

Reaction score
Looks kind of tongue-in-cheek.

If they get by us, I think there's a better chance they're hosting GB anyway. Either is an objectively good matchup though.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I didn't make that thread nor have I posted in it... but yes, I am extremely confident. I'm more confident about this Falcons team than any previous Falcons team. My top 10 reasons why:

1 Home game
2 Bye week
3 Ryan's MVP season and his run entering the playoffs(4950 yds, 38 TD, 7 INT 117 rating. Last 4 games 11 TD 0 INT)
4 Defense has played better since the bye - stats are misleading, lots of yards given up in garbage time
5 Dan Quinn isn't Mike Smith
6 Seattle's offense is like a box of chocolates - Falcons averaged 35 ppg at home
7 Beasley led NFL in sacks - gonna get after Wilson - we have a pass rush finally
8 No ET - Opposing QBs w/ ET on the field this year: 7 TDs, 10 INT, 77.8 rtg w/o ET: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating
9 We have the best OL in NFC outside of Dallas. Our OL was garbage in our 2008-2012 playoff runs.
10 Wilson is 0-3 in playoffs when D gives up 24+.. Falcons have scored 24+ in every turf game this season

:)

Rat

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2zfryglq said:
I didn't make that thread nor have I posted in it... but yes, I am extremely confident. I'm more confident about this Falcons team than any previous Falcons team. My top 10 reasons why:

1 Home game
2 Bye week
3 Ryan's MVP season and his run entering the playoffs(4950 yds, 38 TD, 7 INT 117 rating. Last 4 games 11 TD 0 INT)
4 Defense has played better since the bye - stats are misleading, lots of yards given up in garbage time
6 Seattle's offense is like a box of chocolates - Falcons averaged 35 ppg at home
7 Beasley led NFL in sacks - gonna get after Wilson - we have a pass rush finally
8 No ET - Opposing QBs w/ ET on the field this year: 7 TDs, 10 INT, 77.8 rtg w/o ET: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating
9 We have the best OL in NFC outside of Dallas. Our OL was garbage in our 2008-2012 playoff runs.
10 Wilson is 0-3 in playoffs when D gives up 24+.. Falcons have scored 24+ in every turf game this season

You should be confident, the Falcons have played fantastic lately. Don't expect much agreement on this board though. I'm not picking a Falcons win, but I'd be crazy not to think they have a good chance.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":20jcnbh0 said:

1 Home game
2 Bye week
4 Defense has played better since the bye giving up 21 ppg (Seattle 20 ppg over same 6 games) - stats are misleading, lots of yards given up in garbage time

Last year the Seahawks had the #2 offense according to DVOA....

#2....

Russell Wilson threw for like 29 TDS and 1 INT over a 6 game spread in the 2nd half of the season

Do you know how our season ended?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Who had a better offensive season as a whole? The 2013 Broncos or the 2016 Falcons?

:stirthepot:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Rat":3tiblop2 said:
You should be confident, the Falcons have played fantastic lately. Don't expect much agreement on this board though. I'm not picking a Falcons win, but I'd be crazy not to think they have a good chance.

Oh I don't expect agreement. I was just listing my reasons for being confident. This team is better than any team of the Matt Ryan era... and Ryan himself is the NFL MVP. The fact he was voted 1st team All Pro ahead of Brady and Rodgers is a pretty good hint at how the MVP voting is gonna turn out.

ApnaHawk":3tiblop2 said:
Last year the Seahawks had the #2 offense according to DVOA....

#2....

Russell Wilson threw for like 29 TDS and 1 INT over a 6 game spread in the 2nd half of the season

Do you know how our season ended?

Yep... in Carolina. As someone else said, the game has to be played.

Is it Saturday yet?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3bsojs51 said:
Who had a better offensive season as a whole? The 2013 Broncos or the 2016 Falcons?

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

Totally cool with it too. Different teams altogether... much like the 2013 and 2016 Seahawks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2buf1s4j said:
Hawk_Nation":2buf1s4j said:

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

Totally cool with it too. Different teams altogether... much like the 2013 and 2016 Seahawks.

Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

Zombie Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":20ecb2tq said:

1 Home game
2 Bye week

Damn man, give it a rest.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":15j3y24q said:
Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Players come and go but lets not pretend it's the same D.

Zombie Hawk":15j3y24q said:

Can't... it's a good time to be an Atlanta fan.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1v52rl9a said:

1 Home game
2 Bye week

For the love of God......your team is NOT going to score 35 pts.
Seattle 35
Atlanta 17

Now go away.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":18ajwkwz said:
Ad Hawk":18ajwkwz said:

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Zombie Hawk":18ajwkwz said:

LOLL.

Brother, our D-line is far better then that 2013 line. FAR better.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":7urnpdzl said:
FalconsFanNW":7urnpdzl said:
Hawk_Nation":7urnpdzl said:

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

For obvious reasons, this guy has been playing up the "this isnt the 2013 Seahawks" for two weeks now.

Since the 2013 Falcons were trash, he may not have watched football that year and realized that the 2013 Seahawks had some ugly wins over terrible teams and played awful at times during that season. He seems to think that because we also played awful at times this year, the team isn't as good.

The 2016 Seahawks have every capability that the 2013 team did. It will be tougher on the road, but its not because personnel wise they dont have the same chops.

But I can understand why NW wants to push that narrative.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maybe this air of overconfidence is being absorbed by the Falcons too.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1i3xb5bz said:
Ad Hawk":1i3xb5bz said:

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Zombie Hawk":1i3xb5bz said:

Irvin was not an impact player in 2013. Nor was Clemons really

Red Bryant?? LOL!!

Mebane has been replaced easily.

I told you your desperation was getting epic. Might be time to step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":kfnra08v said:
Maybe this air of overconfidence is being absorbed by the Falcons too.

I commented on at least three overconfidence threads in this forum Monday and Tuesday. We are not immune to looking forward either. It's what fans do, and that's just fine cause we're not playing the game.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The main point is, the team isn't "altogether" different. Some parts, yes, and I'd prefer Earl in than out. But much of our defensive backfield is the same, including linebackers.

Not altogether different.

hawks85

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":7qvhj4sd said:
Ad Hawk":7qvhj4sd said:

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Zombie Hawk":7qvhj4sd said:

bro we were missing Bennett and clark in that first meeting and we still managed to get 4 sacks and 10 QB hits. We completely dominated that first game and we gave you 2 free TD's on blown coverages and no one is talking about that. All I am hearing is the PI that wasn't called on Jones and how we barely escaped with a win. I'm not saying the hawks are going to blow you guys out or even win I'm just saying your not dropping 35 points on us. I will say IF we get our run game going you guys are done. We can hang with the best of them. The panthers were up 35 - 0 on us last year and we almost won that game and they had a better offense than you guys.