Try Kam at FS?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Not sure if this has ever been discussed. Would it ever make sense to put Kam back at FS while Earl is out and move Terrell up to SS? With Atlanta's WR weapons I wonder if this would help us out. Kam seems to cover more field fast then Terrell.

titan3131

Reaction score
i promise you that kam is not faster then terrell.

sutz

Reaction score
titan3131":l7ty2j9q said:
i promise you that kam is not faster then terrell.
This. Kam is barely fast enough to keep up with an average TE. ;)

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think his instincts and knowledge of the game is better then Terrell. He know formations and has better field awareness.

kidhawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":1gcjr86k said:
I think his instincts and knowledge of the game is better then Terrell. He know formations and has better field awareness.

Which is why he's better suited to play up than to play back. There's nothing good that could come from swapping our safeties right now.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
zchurch74":2hmgue9g said:
Well then he can communicate that info with his team mates. Kam is too slow to play FS. :34853_doh:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Uh. No.

Terrell has played fine for the most part. This is probably his biggest test by far though, but Kam is not a FS. Especially in this system.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Moving a premier player at one position to any other position is a dumb move. Sherman is pretty fast, has good instincts and is a beast against the run but swapping him and Terrell would be a horrible move.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Nope. Kam is arguably the best SS in the game. Why take him out of his comfort zone?

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I sure hope that earl travels with the team this week and contributes on the sideline.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Kam doesn't have the range or speed of either of the players Steven Terrell or Jeron Johnson and thus is not suited to play FS in Seattle's scheme.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm OK with our LT it's the LG, RG, and RT that I want to see more like last game from.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kam might look like he covers more field than Terrell, but that's only because he plays downhill faster, and attacks the line of scrimmage faster than most safeties in the league. This isn't due to speed, but how fast he diagnoses a play. He "plays" fast, he's not all that fast.

What made Thomas so special was that he plays very deep, but could diagnose a run play and regularly got to the ball carrier about the same time as Kam.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but Kam plays deep 3rd quite often, with or without Earl. Seems more often even in the playoffs. Sometimes it's robber and sometimes he just lines up deeper.

Tical21

Reaction score
He wouldn't be the robber and play deep third. He plays it some. Not often.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mq2xo98 said:
Uh. No.

Terrell has played fine for the most part. This is probably his biggest test by far though, but Kam is not a FS. Especially in this system.

Glad you brought up Terrell. It is very encouraging that he has fixed his mistakes and has played well recently.