Matt Ryan - Russell Wilson Season numbers

2_0_6

Reaction score
I'm not going to say one thing bad about matt Ryan's season, I think every team in the league would take those numbers from their starting QB. Selfishly I rooted for him this season and rode him to my fantasy finale. :irishdrinkers: But given the injuries that Russ had limiting his mobility, dealing with those behind one of the worst lines in football, and a non-existent running game this is pretty damn surprising.

Go Hawks

ItvvhMZ

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cant believe he still ended up with 259 yards rushing. I know it is not his usual but still pretty good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or 4000 plus yards passing. Take away that one GB game and his numbers would look pretty damn good, considering 3 injuries and a swiss cheese o line.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Two good QB's with two good teams going at it, each one wanting to get to the big show.

NFL playoffs, baby.

Dig it...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
One that's not captured.

2017 Playoff wins

RW- 1
Ice Tray- 0

Scorpion05

Reaction score
That he put up almost 4500 yards of total offense with all his injuries and the O-line is nothing short of remarkable honestly. Not to mention the injuries of key players

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2n9yx081 said:
One that's not captured.

2017 Playoff wins

RW- 1
Ice Tray- 0

I guess it's a bad thing to earn the second seed. Maybe that's why Seattle went on that season ending skid

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SyCOLA":3ey98j5e said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3ey98j5e said:
One that's not captured.

2017 Playoff wins

RW- 1
Ice Tray- 0

I guess it's a bad thing to earn the second seed. Maybe that's why Seattle went on that season ending skid

What? I can't hear you over the fake crowd noise.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Isn't the 4219 yards an improvement of the franchise passing record Russ set last year? Pretty amazing on an off-year riddled with injuries.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3tkyktzj said:
Isn't the 4219 yards an improvement of the franchise passing record Russ set last year? Pretty amazing on an off-year riddled with injuries.

Yep. Too short and too fat. He's the unfunny Danny Devito of the NFL.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3qf9uyzt said:
One that's not captured.

2017 Playoff wins

RW- 1
Ice Tray- 0

Really? This stat is so irrelevant, I hope you're just joking.

Glad to see Wilson pass 4000 passing yards again. Didn't realize he had that many

Zombie Hawk

Reaction score
Wow RW is already 28? If we dont get a decent O-line soon his career might only have another 7 or 8 years left.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Yup, Russ being 28 kinda surprised me too. That and despite hobbling around on crutches for half the season, averaged a whopping(?) 45 yards passing per game less than Ryan.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Ryan definitely has the numbers this year. But between the two I cant even imagine a Falcons fan who wouldn't want Wilson on their team during crunch time. He has proven to be clutch while Mattey Ice has been just that, ice cold in the clutch. Im a Florida State fan and even in college Mattey Ice choked against a weak FSU team at the time and lost any Heisman chances he had.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
uncle fester":1la6dds5 said:
Yup, Russ being 28 kinda surprised me too. That and despite hobbling around on crutches for half the season, averaged a whopping(?) 45 yards passing per game less than Ryan.

5% less completion rate
4 more picks
16 less TDs

... to go with the 700 less yards.

RW Wilson had a good season no doubt. Ryan had a better season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3twsbkt7 said:
uncle fester":3twsbkt7 said:

5% less completion rate
4 more picks
16 less TDs

The OP didnt say Russ had a better season.

He said that despite the injuries and poor line, he expected the gap to be bigger.

Did you read it, or just assume?

uncle fester

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3rd00kk6 said:
uncle fester":3rd00kk6 said:

5% less completion rate
4 more picks
16 less TDs

...My point being that for all the accolades Ryan has been wrapped in, a one legged Hobbit, with a gimpy throwing shoulder, flying in the face of medical precedent, surprisingly managed to put up passing yards not far shy of the average for the second placed passer.

Don't fret, not saying it was more yards/TDs/averages etc etc. It clearly wasn't. Just a second observation on the theme of surprise, hence quoting the previous poster to me.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Or you could read Hawkpower's reply. Which is more to the point.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":361tjpsz said:
The OP didnt say Russ had a better season.

He said that despite the injuries and poor line, he expected the gap to be bigger.

Did you read it, or just assume?

I only read the part about the "whopping 45 ypg less than Ryan"... hence my reply.

Glad the OP had him on fantasy though... for the most part if you had any of Atlanta's #1 DVOA offense on your fantasy you probably had a good season.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I can't wait until this game is over so you go away. We can't even talk about our own players without you hounding us about the GREATNESS OF HTE AFALCONS THE BEST TEAM EVAR.

There are multiple threads to discuss the game. Please post in those.

As to the OP, I also was surprised when I saw the yardage he put up this year. Completely remarkable in hindsight considering he had 3 different injuries which should have sidelined him for multiple games. I'm glad he's nearing full recovery at the right time.