Falcons 2016 regular season "dominance" a fraud

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Their run this regular season is nowhere near as impressive as the media and their fans are making it out to be. Their ebbs and flows are actually very similar to the Seahawks season has been. Let's go back over their last eleven games and see if they're really as hot as everyone is making them out to be.

In the last seven games the Atlanta Falcons went 5-2 with exactly ZERO wins against teams that finished the season with a 0.500 record or better. (The Seahawks went 4-3 over the same stretch.) The Falcons have won their last four games, but its not exactly impressive if their opponents records are a combined 19-45.

Go back two games and the Falcons had their best results of the season - they beat the Buccaneers and Packers. Go back two more games for the Seahawks - they beat the Patriots and the Bills.

Go back three more weeks the Falcons played 2 games - and lost them - to San Diego and SEATTLE. Over those three weeks the Hawks played three games losing one game they should have won (the 'aints), tying one game they should have won (Cards), and winning one (FALCONS).

The last 12 weeks the teams have been streaky in a very similar way, the Falcons went 7-4 while the Seahawks went 7-4-1 (but should have been 9-3). Don't let the Falcons fool you - they aren't as impressive as they're made out to be though.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":1j4qjiyc said:
The last 12 weeks the teams have been streaky in a very similar way, the Falcons went 7-4 while the Seahawks went 7-4-1 (but should have been 9-3). Don't let the Falcons fool you - they aren't as impressive as they're made out to be though.

Should have been eh?

Is it ok to say that our 11-5 record is a fraud and we giftwrapped the 33-30 loss to SD, the 26-24 loss to SEA and the 29-28 loss to KC and "should have been" 14-2?

Atlanta played the toughest schedule in the league and beat Oakland in Oakland... Denver in Denver... and "should have" beat Seattle in Seattle if not for the 12th man in zebra suits.

So keep telling yourself that our team isn't legit. That could lead to a rude awakening.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":h4bek5th said:
Vancanhawksfan":h4bek5th said:

Should have been eh?

Is it ok to say that our 11-5 record is a fraud and we giftwrapped the 33-30 loss to SD, the 26-24 loss to SEA and the 29-28 loss to KC and "should have been" 14-2?

Atlanta played the toughest schedule in the league and beat Oakland in Oakland... Denver in Denver... and "should have" beat Seattle in Seattle if not for the 12th man in zebra suits.

So keep telling yourself that our team isn't legit. That could lead to a rude awakening.

Why dont you stick to the Falcons board slagging off Seahawk fans.

As an aside, I watched a replay of the earlier season game as it was on NFL network and all I saw was a Falcons team get dominated for 3 quarters.

Don't bother replying as you are now on ignore as for some reason the mods arent banning your trolling arse. Now piss off back to that shitty board.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Bah the 12th man probably hurt us more than helped us. Twice we got into the wrong defense and gifted you easy TD's in the 3rd quarter because McCray and Sherman couldn't hear each other. Sometimes the 12th man is great and sometimes it can screw things up.

Without those easy scores, that game isn't even close. Relying on calls from refs on a 4th and 10 heave up into double coverage is about as foolish as fans can get. Especially when they weren't calling the grabby stuff all game. I still can't believe ATL fans harp on that. You pretty much have to tackle the guy in that situation to see a call.

ABirdOfPrey

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":1oxw261v said:
Their run this regular season is nowhere near as impressive as the media and their fans are making it out to be. Their ebbs and flows are actually very similar to the Seahawks season has been. Let's go back over their last eleven games and see if they're really as hot as everyone is making them out to be.

In the last seven games the Atlanta Falcons went 5-2 with exactly ZERO wins against teams that finished the season with a 0.500 record or better. (The Seahawks went 4-3 over the same stretch.) The Falcons have won their last four games, but its not exactly impressive if their opponents records are a combined 19-45.

Go back two games and the Falcons had their best results of the season - they beat the Buccaneers and Packers. Go back two more games for the Seahawks - they beat the Patriots and the Bills.

Go back three more weeks the Falcons played 2 games - and lost them - to San Diego and SEATTLE. Over those three weeks the Hawks played three games losing one game they should have won (the 'aints), tying one game they should have won (Cards), and winning one (FALCONS).

It's funny how you give the Seahawks credit for games they "should" have won, but not the Falcons. Like we "should" have beaten your team at home if not for an uncharacteristic drop that was intercepted by Earl Thomas or the egreigious hold by Sherman. Or we should have won the Chargers game if not for a missed FG at the end of regulation and a gamble by DQ on our side of the field.

The Falcons biggest loss all year was by 9 points. We've been the most consistent team in the NFC other than the Cowboys. Please stop the disrespect to give yourself false courage. This team is one of the best you'll see this year. I respect the Seahawks, but it seems like success has caused several fans to lose respect for other teams. I realize some of our fans have done the same. But make no mistake, this will be a tough game for both sides.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":ungvguec said:
It's funny how you give the Seahawks credit for games they "should" have won, but not the Falcons. Like we "should" have beaten your team at home if not for an uncharacteristic drop that was intercepted by Earl Thomas or the egreigious hold by Sherman. Or we should have won the Chargers game if not for a missed FG at the end of regulation and a gamble by DQ on our side of the field.

The Falcons biggest loss all year was by 9 points. We've been the most consistent team in the NFC other than the Cowboys. Please stop the disrespect to give yourself false courage. This team is one of the best you'll see this year. I respect the Seahawks, but it seems like success has caused several fans to lose respect for other teams. I realize some of our fans have done the same. But make no mistake, this will be a tough game for both sides.

Exactly.

Be careful though dude... not agreeing with what the OP says makes you a troll.

UK_Seahawk":ungvguec said:

As an aside, I watched a replay of the earlier season game as it was on NFL network and all I saw was a Falcons team get dominated for 3 quarters.

Don't bother replying as you are now on ignore as for some reason the mods arent banning your trolling arse. Now piss off back to that shitty board.

Because I'm not trolling, that's why. Just because your homerism doesn't agree with what I say doesn't make me a troll.

Oh no, I'm on ignore? Darn, gonna miss all your pearls of wisdom now!

OP
OP
V

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":11mqeb51 said:
Vancanhawksfan":11mqeb51 said:

Should have been eh?

Your team is a fraud. And not only that, but if you think that missing plays like game ending 25 yard field goal gimmes is equivalent to the Falcon "giftwrapped" games then you're in for a "rude awakening". The Seahawks are better than your fans give them credit for and your Falcons are no where near as good as you're making them out to be.

ball4life34

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1xtup7kb said:
Bah the 12th man probably hurt us more than helped us. Twice we got into the wrong defense and gifted you easy TD's in the 3rd quarter because McCray and Sherman couldn't hear each other. Sometimes the 12th man is great and sometimes it can screw things up.

Without those easy scores, that game isn't even close. Relying on calls from refs on a 4th and 10 heave up into double coverage is about as foolish as fans can get. Especially when they weren't calling the grabby stuff all game. I still can't believe ATL fans harp on that. You pretty much have to tackle the guy in that situation to see a call.
Both touchdowns the Falcons were on the Seahawks side of the field. Take out both touchdown catches and the Falcons still easily could have scored on those drives.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
I think it's silly to discredit the falcons last four wins because of their opponents record. The falcons not only beat them, they demolished them. That's what really good teams are supposed to do to really bad teams. Even the saints game was a massacre.. saints fought through our fourth quarter prevent and recovered an onside kick to even get close.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":3nx7rtnn said:
Your team is a fraud. And not only that, but if you think that missing plays like game ending 25 yard field goal gimmes is equivalent to the Falcon "giftwrapped" games then you're in for a "rude awakening". The Seahawks are better than your fans give them credit for and your Falcons are no where near as good as you're making them out to be.

Ok man... just make sure you're here after the game.

WmHBonney":3nx7rtnn said:
Seattle 35
Atlanta 17

I think you got the teams reversed.

Atlanta @ home = 35 ppg
Seattle on road = 16 ppg

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":32yb0blz said:
Vancanhawksfan":32yb0blz said:

Ok man... just make sure you're here after the game.

WmHBonney":32yb0blz said:
Seattle 35
Atlanta 17

I think you got the teams reversed.

Atlanta @ home = 35 ppg
Seattle on road = 16 ppg

35ppg at home yet lost 3 there

classicaaron

Reaction score
why is everyone talking in what ifs and shoulda coulda woulda. Fact is every team in the league has a handful of games that could have went the other way if it wasn't for a single play. in the end they all even out. FACT is falcons finished 1/2 game better than the Seahawks. With the Seahawks winning the head to head this makes both teams essentially equals. How people can come on here regardless of your fandom and act like its a blowout one way or the other is just totally ridiculous.

Falcons have a better offense but Seahawks have a better defense. Seahawks have more experience but Falcons have home field.

Game is going to come down to a single drive being the difference and whichever team loses people will be crying the same shoulda coulda woulda based off that one play. Im a huge Seahawks fan but these teams are equals. Cant stand the homerism especially from Falcons fans who post on a Seahawks board. I don't even understand that. I don't want anything to do with any other team let alone seek out a message board about them and start posting. why would I want to upset myself by looking at another teams images, colors, and fandom all week. Seriously find better things to do.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2l73xsv7 said:

Watched it too. In the first half the Hawks sacked Matty 3 times, hit him 8 more times, and led 17-3 at halftime.

In the 4th quarter the Hawks outscored the Falcs 9-0, it could have been 13-0 but for two bad snaps by now-gone Freese.

So in three quarters of that game the Hawks won it 26-3, almost 30-3.

If you extrapolate that performance out (ignoring those two rare blown coverages in the 3rd) then the numbers suggest a blowout win for the Seahawks.

Blowouts are what typically happens when one team has a strong Defense but the other team has a weak one.

Falcons are overrated.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
To paraphrase Erin Rodgers... "I respect the Falcons but I don't fear them."

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":38al9s2q said:

So what?

Seattle 16 ppg on road and scored 3 in LA, 5 in TB and 10 in GB.

What's your point?

LeftHandSmoke":38al9s2q said:
Falcons are overrated.

That's why NOBODY has picked Seattle to win it all this year.

The homerism is strong in this one.

Joygazm

Reaction score
I like this Falcon fan, because he loves his team.

He loves his Seahawk's trained HC.
He loves his Seahawk's style Defense.

Seahawks one way or another have a direct effect on their rise to success.

Now it comes down to who executes correctly.

I feel if we hold the Falcons to 21 or less we win. I also feel if we score in the 30's we win. The Falcons are a move the chains offense with quick strike ability to go with a young up and coming defense. While not the 2013 Seahawks, they share a few of the same "Attributes".

Seahawks 31
Falcons 24

Russell 29/38 316 3 TD 1 INT
Rawls 111 1TD
Baldwin 8 Catches 109 yards 1TD
Reece 1 Receiving TD
JG 1TD

Matt Ryan 33/48 349 2TD 0INT
Freeman 12car 60yrds 1TD
Jones 6 Catches 114 yards 1 TD
Tamme 1TD

Bobby Wagner gets the Game Ball

classicaaron

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1dkafq4s said:
Hawk_Nation":1dkafq4s said:

So what?

Seattle 16 ppg on road and scored 3 in LA, 5 in TB and 10 in GB.

What's your point?

LeftHandSmoke":1dkafq4s said:
Falcons are overrated.

That's why NOBODY has picked Seattle to win it all this year.

The homerism is strong in this one.

Seattle opened as the favorite to represent the NFC this year in the Superbowl so not sure how they weren't picked to win by anyone. They also were very high in the Power Rankings for most of the season. Who in their right mind ever thought the Falcons would even win their division this year. All the "experts" that you are so worried about picking these games had the Panthers picked and guess what it didn't matter.

Many "experts" you love had Eli working his magic again and making a run - guess what they got smoked. I have heard people picking the Falcons for this game but I haven't heard a single one say they were winning the Super Bowl. Just stop your nonsense. And even if they were picked, who cares, it means absolutely nothing. The "experts" also said Dak would be terrible and they end up the number one seed.

Also you keep referencing Seattles low scoring games - guess what those defenses are much better than yours. So while we probably wont put up 40 I also don't see how its even a thought we don't score 20 on you. I expect a 28-24 game one way or the other. You just make zero sense, according to you our offense has to keep to the average we score but someone your defense isn't kept to these same standards. they are allowed to play much better than they have all year. at least be fair about it. going on block now, just cant stand the stupidness.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
classicaaron":1qrwqzim said:
Seattle opened as the favorite to represent the NFC this year in the Superbowl so not sure how they weren't picked to win by anyone. They also were very high in the Power Rankings for most of the season. Who in their right mind ever thought the Falcons would even win their division this year. All the "experts" that you are so worried about picking these games had the Panthers picked and guess what it didn't matter.

Many "experts" you love had Eli working his magic again and making a run - guess what they got smoked. I have heard people picking the Falcons for this game but I haven't heard a single one say they were winning the Super Bowl. Just stop your nonsense. And even if they were picked, who cares, it means absolutely nothing. The "experts" also said Dak would be terrible and they end up the number one seed.

Also you keep referencing Seattles low scoring games - guess what those defenses are much better than yours. So while we probably wont put up 40 I also don't see how its even a thought we don't score 20 on you. I expect a 28-24 game one way or the other. You just make zero sense, according to you our offense has to keep to the average we score but someone your defense isn't kept to these same standards. they are allowed to play much better than they have all year. at least be fair about it. going on block now, just cant stand the stupidness.

I was talking about the picks entering the playoffs.

It's clearly obvious the Seahawks aren't the team everyone envisioned back in August... and the same goes for Atlanta. Most had us pegged at 5-11 and Ryan to have a bad season based on how the last one ended.

What a difference year 2 of Shanahan's offense makes... to go with Alex Mack and the rest of the offensive additions.

I've seen at least a dozen NE/ATL Super Bowl picks... but only 1 has ATL winning. Nothing I'm worried about right now either way. Bottom line is there are no lights out defenses in the playoffs this year. No 2013 Seahawks. No 2015 Broncos.

Please don't block me... I want to read more of your pearls of wisdom.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3uevhwqa said:
classicaaron":3uevhwqa said:

I was talking about the picks entering the playoffs.

It's clearly obvious the Seahawks aren't the team everyone envisioned back in August... and the same goes for Atlanta. Most had us pegged at 5-11 and Ryan to have a bad season based on how the last one ended.

What a difference year 2 of Shanahan's offense makes... to go with Alex Mack and the rest of the offensive additions.

I've seen at least a dozen NE/ATL Super Bowl picks... but only 1 has ATL winning. Nothing I'm worried about right now either way. Bottom line is there are no lights out defenses in the playoffs this year. No 2013 Seahawks. No 2015 Broncos.

Please don't block me... I want to read more of your pearls of wisdom.

Atlanta is currently 11-5

Seattle is currently 11-5-1. And we beat you.

You do realize this right? Your posts make it seem as if you think Atlanta is 16-0 playing a 7-9 Wannabe.

These are two pretty evenly matched teams. And if you are basing your excitement over a lack of "buzz" from NFL insiders about us, well then LOL. Those guys are morons.

You are either overcompensating for your nerves or you are out of touch with reality.

Which is it?