Who Stays? Who goes?

djb28

Reaction score
My guess would be you you leave if we win, You leave if we lose.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
"Wake me up before you go, go, so I can tell you that you're a dodo."

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Not sure if you wanted a serious answer or not . . . but here goes.

Here is the Seahawks' relatively short list of free agents in 2017:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ ... -seahawks/

The Seahawks had to re-sign a boatload of free agents over the last couple years. Honestly, the contract speculation over our top players may have become somewhat of a distraction. Now that they have the corps of their team locked up and there isn't that urgency to re-sign multiple Pro Bowlers, the front office will have a little more leeway to be more single minded in their pursuit of outside additions to buttress depth and improve the overall level of competition, particularly along the offensive line.

The only unrestricted free agent of real note for the Seahawks is kicker Steven Hauschka. Defensive back Deshawn Shead is restricted and can be tendered for another year, unless or until he reaches a long-tern agreement to stay with the team. Right tackle Garry Gilliam is also restricted.

Of course, there are some other decent players on that list who they may choose to re-sign. Luke Willson, Tony McDaniel, Kelcie McCray, etc. have had fine seasons as backups. Personally, I hope they decide to make signing a veteran fullback a priority. Marcel Reece's impressive performance last week evidenced the importance of the fullback position to this offense in setting a physical tone in the running game. Stellar fullback play is something we have sorely missed until this last week.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves (too late, I know), but the Seahawks' short free agency list is reminiscent of the 2013 offseason. If only the team could do for the blocking what they managed to do for the pass rush in 2013.

Joygazm

Reaction score
" You see, If your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend"

-Sugarhill Gang