Seahawks "legend" Sidney Rice

Crizilla

Reaction score
Front page komo news apparently thinks Sidney Rice is a Seahawks legend.......,.......Yeah. Thoughts?

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I will never forget his game winning catch in 2012, against the Bears in overtime.

th

ETA: Knocked out cold

dbmack

Reaction score
Not a legend but I do like that he loves Seattle and still makes his home there.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
seahawk 17":fd3t6plr said:
I will never forget his game winning catch in 2012, against the Bears in overtime.

th

Didnt he also catch the game winner against NE in 2012?

Hawks46

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1gu5xwu7 said:
seahawk 17":1gu5xwu7 said:

th

Didnt he also catch the game winner against NE in 2012?

Yup,

If he could've stayed healthy, he would've been a legend. He made some amazing sideline catches and had a great deal to do with Wilson's development.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Obviously there is no career comparison but our TE Brandon (edit) Williams caught a pass recently where his hands reminded of Rice. Smooth as..

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Liked the player but not enough for long enough to have that moniker. Also we did not get him in the beginning of his career.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Guess they had him raise the 12 flag at the space needle. Doesn't make him a legend but it does not surprise me a journalist that probably doesn't even follow the hawks (but pretends to) would try to add more to the title and story.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I loved Sidney, but the guy couldn't stay healthy. He was good on those fly routes and yes, his gritty game-winning grab against the Bears where he was briefly concussed was his signature play for the Hawks.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I think he could've had a longer career if he didn't always go to the ground every time he caught a ball. Appreciate what he did for the Hawks though.

:2thumbs:

nwgamer

Reaction score
Sydney caught some unreal legendary passes not only helping the team ... but playing a key roll in helping develop and boost young Wilson's confidence as well.

Chicago ... wow that was like your buddy jumping on a grenade to save the team..

NE.. Put the amazing touch on a day where the Hawks proved to a shock-jawed world the rumors circulating out of Seattle were real.

Sydney RIce was just what the doctor ordered for a rookie Wilson,

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I bought his jersey, the very next day he was injured never to play again. You can thank me now for not picking Wilson's.

mikeak

Reaction score
He brought with him first downs. He knew were that marker was and unlike recent days made sure the ball got across that line to move the chains

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Definition of a legend - "an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field". While he may not meet all of the "qualifications to deserve" the legend title - those game winning plays against the Bears and Patriots were a HUGE part of the turning point for this franchise. And for that - I am willing to say that Sidney is a "notorious" person in the period of Seahawk history we are currently living and creating.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
At some point, you run out of career Seahawks to keep your media attention fresh and you have to start involving people like Steve Hutchinson. Sidney at least is still around, has a darn good set of businesses, and is committed to making this area better. I'll never get down on someone for making our area a better place one wing at a time.