Falcon fan

Nitro_929

Reaction score
First off people I love my team just like you guys do. No amount of stats are going to change that. In the beginning of this year I did not even expect to be in this situation. So I am enjoying the buildup more than you guys can know, because it's expected now of your team. Some of you look back before you became relevant and you will know where we are now. My daughter in law is a Seahawks fan. Born and raised there, she now lives in South Georgia with my son. So tomorrow we will ha be a split household, but all in fun. I hope. Lol
What I want is to see a great game that keeps both fan bases cussing at the tv and in the end the best team win or the team that gets the least calls against. LOL injury free in and out of the ga dome tomorrow. I respect your fan base, coach to whole team and now all has been said and all figures calculated. Tomorrow let's raise our banners. Get tense and ready for one hell of a football game and the players will decide all this for us. Tomorrow one of us will be a happy fan base. The other will be trying to figure out how they got screwed. Lol
Remember we still have to go to work and still have our normal life issues, so what ever happens don't loose focus on family. Good luck tomorrow and in the future. Aww who the hell am I kidding I know falcons gonna light it up!!!! Lol

907Hawk

Reaction score
"Some of you look back before you became relevant"
The Hawks have always been relevant, thanks of the positive post and good luck.

Hawks46

Reaction score
907Hawk":6puqk5d7 said:

The Seahawks may always have been relevant to you, but to other fans, we were a mediocre at best team from the mid to late 80's until the early 2000s. That's a long stretch to not have winning seasons or go to the playoffs with regularity. Keep in mind there was no social media or internet, and a lot of sports coverage was regional. It's not an insult if fans from other parts of the country had no idea what was going on with the Seahawks in 1989.

I don't take it personal, because our team was one of the worst in the league during that span.

Also look at the Falcons' fan base and it will mirror the actions and reactions of the Seahawks fan base before SB XL and before the beatdown on the Broncs. A fan base just on the cusp of seeing something great but seeking validation and having a ton of passion for their team.

Not defending some of the trolling, but I see the parallels and it doesn't offend me because I see similarities of our fan base at given points.

Let's not turn into Patriots fans here.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Hawks46":2aibgjt7 said:
907Hawk":2aibgjt7 said:

The Seahawks may always have been relevant to you, but to other fans, we were a mediocre at best team from the mid to late 80's until the early 2000s. That's a long stretch to not have winning seasons or go to the playoffs with regularity. Keep in mind there was no social media or internet, and a lot of sports coverage was regional. It's not an insult if fans from other parts of the country had no idea what was going on with the Seahawks in 1989.

I don't take it personal, because our team was one of the worst in the league during that span.

Also look at the Falcons' fan base and it will mirror the actions and reactions of the Seahawks fan base before SB XL and before the beatdown on the Broncs. A fan base just on the cusp of seeing something great but seeking validation and having a ton of passion for their team.

Not defending some of the trolling, but I see the parallels and it doesn't offend me because I see similarities of our fan base at given points.

Amen, brother. Birds of a feather stick together.

Here's to a hell of a game...and maybe we'll see the Hawks again next year, this time in the NFCCG, after we send the Seahawks back to their couches for the rest of the playoffs. ;)

Oh, and no big injuries to either team. Night.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks46":2eneg610 said:
907Hawk":2eneg610 said:

If we had a "like" button like most sites, I would have hit it. Great post.

irocdave

Reaction score
Our fan base seems to have a lot of newcomers that never experienced the decade + of Seahawk football that was the equivalent of the Browns last 15 years. I wish the Falcons the best of luck, except for tomorrow. Not that the Hawks need luck, but it would help. If the Falcons win tomorrow, I'm pulling for the Falcons to win it all. When I was 13 YO my family moved to Sacramento, that was in 1984. All my new friends were niner or raider fans, and you know, I couldn't switch teams but noticed that niner fans trolled falcons fans. That was before the internet, the falcons were the whipping boy of the media back in the day of media consisting of newspapers, local news and the George Michael Sports Machine. The to have Deion Sanders jump ship? That must have felt like a kick to the gut if you were around back then. Again, I wish nothing but good luck to the falcons after tomorrow game.

droop828

Reaction score
Nitro_929":rrajpct7 said:
Aww who the hell am I kidding I know falcons gonna light it up!!!! Lol

You had a nice post and even gave us some life lessons then you end it in typical fashion. I'm so ready to get this win and have a different fan base in here.

OP
OP
N

Nitro_929

Reaction score
droop828":8c4gtfph said:
Nitro_929":8c4gtfph said:
Aww who the hell am I kidding I know falcons gonna light it up!!!! Lol

You had a nice post and even gave us some life lessons then you end it in typical fashion. I'm so ready to get this win and have a different fan base in here.
Its all in good fun and I am ready to just get game started. It would not surprise me at all if you guys win today. These teams are evenly matched. It is gonna come down to who makes least mistakes.