Soooo much better divisional round this year

Optimus25

Reaction score
Last year the entire playoffs was a veritable nightmare. To go from the coldest imaginable environment vs a stout defense at Minnesota, to then ending up at the hottest nfl teams field and it turn out to be a cow pasture quality $hithole, it's nice to be in a better place this year to advance.

Last year Cam Newton had the hottest offense in the league combined with a nasty defense. Their defense was built to give us fits like the rams, except with way better linebackers. Then remember the first offensive play of theirs where it looked like our guys were on ice because of that crap field, and Stewart went like 80 or whatever for the TD. I can't remember but it wasn't much later when Russ threw that pick 6. Last year was a total disaster in every sense, and we still left respectable.

The way i see it is last year's divisional we were battling all 3 phases. And losing badly at each. Today I'd say our offense has a far more favorable matchup than last year. That is negated some by the fact that our defense is playing a slightly superior offense than last year's Panthers, but i would honestly say that was a push also if we had earl. So for the sake of earl Thomas out, I'd say this year's our defense, their offense match up is slightly harder. But not much considering the elite level Newton was playing at.

But overall, my confidence level is sky high vs last year and it's the absolute best outcome for us to reach the super bowl. It's those games against the stout defensive fronts that always seem to my worst to watch, like rams, cards, Panthers etc.

As long as we can flip field position by sustained drives, force a turnover or two, and defend screens and big plays, I just cant see us losing. Before they blow their wads about Jones they should check out some Jimmy highlights. Then we also have Doug. Rawls is angry again. And Russ vs matty mice?. That's an easy choice for me.

I'm actually baffled by the media's inability to see the storm about to brew there and jumping on the ATL bandwagon. Their resume of bullying crap teams is so unimpressive to me.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Its pretty huge that we haven't left the west coast since the Green Bay game. On the contrary in 2012, where we went from Washington back to Seattle back to Atlanta in a 13 day stretch. I don't think we will see the typical Seahawks jet lag today.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
OFFENSE COMPARISON
----------------------------------------
TEAM......FALCONS....PANTHERS
Record.........11-5 ......... 15-1
Points............ 1 ............... 1
Yards............. 2 .............. 11
Turnovers...... 1 .............. 8
Pass Yards.... 3............. 24
Pass TDs....... 2 .............. 3
Rush Yards....5 ............... 2