The official airing of the grievances thread

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'll start

-The lack of heart (little emotion in games)
-The lack of fundamentals
-The oline debacle
-The penalties in all phases
-The missed extra points
-The failed long snapper experiment
The lack of Jimmy Graham usage
-The soft zone
-The wasted first halves
-The fades to Kearse (seriously the fades to Kearse)
-The high throws by Wilson
-The D-lineman conversion projects
-The endless bubble screens
-The lack of middle of the field passes...

What do you have?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am going with all of the above.

But I think the general attitude that we can just half-ass certain pieces of the team really hurt us.

And I think Wilson had a bad year. Admittedly he had some very big distractions, but he left a lot of opportunities on the table.

Not as many as the OC but in this game, where teh OL is barely bothering to block at all (how hard is this? The guy in front of you is the guy you need to keep in front of you. There should never be a time you let that guy past you without even trying to get between him and your QB. I am baffled by the amount of times our linemen seem just unconcerned with letting a defensive player blow past them...long ago my ex-roommate was a former Alabama OL and he would just crap a chicken if he saw this kind of OL play in the NFL.)

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
-Sherman taking a step back
-The lack of turnovers
-The conservative play calling (Atlanta game, 53 seconds 3 timeouts, no shots)
-The terrible clock management (see above)
-The NFL agenda/narrative (editing the Julio Jones replay)
-Kam breaking teammate's bodies (ET this year, Sherm two years ago)
-Drafting SPARQ freaks and then asking them to play a finesse blocking scheme
-Pete's unflinching loyalty to his coordinators
-The inability to get the right cleats on the team for grass games

randomation

Reaction score
Bevell Cable and Richard all need to go yesterday. Atlanta killed the soft zones because the ass backwards scheme doesn't work without Earl playing centerfield.

quneur

Reaction score
Eliminating the huge contracts and getting decent o-line would be my priority. This inexperienced o-line has cost us the season.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Stop giving contracts to older players i.e. Bennett.

Draft better.

Coach better.

Stop being above reproach.

Plus a million other things.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I don't know where the organization goes from here. Bevell needs to be fired. Sherman needs to be put in his place. The kicker could use some competition.

quneur

Reaction score
Bevell is too conservative. The offense needs to play hard all sixty minutes (with a new offensive line). I think Seattle should try eliminating the huddle for at least one preseason game next year.

Also, Wilson has to stop being so 'proper'. He needs to call out certain individuals for missed assignments, finishing plays, etc. even if its just talking to them on the sidelines. When players do something wrong like not running routes properly, the QB will let them know but I see Wilson just lets it go. If Wilson is going to stick around after football as a coach, he has to talk to players.

Kris Richard needs to go back to school. Something is wrong with this defense. There's no fire. Plays seem lackluster. I don't see the defense 'hopping' anymore or trying to get the crowd into it. Its not everybody but it seems they're being fueled by ashes.

daveman918

Reaction score
- The team's innate ability to be so Pollyanna about losing and it being an opportunity to win the next time.
- Lack of accountability

timmat

Reaction score
I honestly think everything takes a back seat to the terrible offensive line. Go from bottom of the league to just average middle of the pack, and we have 12 wins this year. It's been a weakness every year for Russ, but this year was the last straw. Please stop trying to fix this with draft picks. It's a position that often takes young guys 3 years to be solid. The time is now given the age of our key guys on D. Give us some decent vets via free agency for this position group.

Keep your QB upright and allow him to regain some confidence, maybe stop the happy feet and improve accuracy; allow Rawls to stay healthy and not need to break a tackle just to get back to the line of scrimmage; sustain more drives via the run and keep your D off the field a bit more. So many of our other issues ramp up to O line.

IMO first, second , and third major issues are O line.

mrt144

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wgv76b6 said:
I am going with all of the above.

But I think the general attitude that we can just half-ass certain pieces of the team really hurt us.

And I think Wilson had a bad year. Admittedly he had some very big distractions, but he left a lot of opportunities on the table.

Not as many as the OC but in this game, where teh OL is barely bothering to block at all (how hard is this? The guy in front of you is the guy you need to keep in front of you. There should never be a time you let that guy past you without even trying to get between him and your QB. I am baffled by the amount of times our linemen seem just unconcerned with letting a defensive player blow past them...long ago my ex-roommate was a former Alabama OL and he would just crap a chicken if he saw this kind of OL play in the NFL.)

His injury absolutely has affected core aspects of what he does. Many of those high passes are related to a lack of follow through and I bet its subconcious reluctance to put weight on his push off ankle and plant knee.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":37tbhfc8 said:
I mean, the NFL itself was barely watchable this year, yeah. It is concerning to me that I enjoy EPL and MLS games way more at this point.

I feel you. NFL is probably #3 for me behind MLB and F1.

As for grievances, most of them have already been mentioned here.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
mbtitleist":3mzlx6if said:
Smelly McUgly":3mzlx6if said:
I mean, the NFL itself was barely watchable this year, yeah. It is concerning to me that I enjoy EPL and MLS games way more at this point.

I feel you. NFL is probably #3 for me behind MLB and F1.

As for grievances, most of them have already been mentioned here.

Formula 1?!? - it's been unwatchable for years now. Mercedes is too dominant

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":bjv4b9a0 said:

Draft better.

Coach better.

Bennett well worth it ... I liked the extension

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":3c1vze4f said:
NFSeahawks628":3c1vze4f said:

Draft better.

Coach better.

Bennett well worth it ... I liked the extension

Add better draft/FA evaluation.

How many 'impact' players have been added to the defense since 2012 off-season?
Arguably Clark.
Rubin's been solid, mostly.

That's not even close to enough.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3ad4ci2g said:
Formula 1?!? - it's been unwatchable for years now. Mercedes is too dominant

bevel. cable. All of their stupid choices. cable is convinced he can turn anyone into an O lineman. Well, sure. It takes their entire rookie contract before they get mediocre, then they leave for another team that doesn't make such stupid choices and takes advantage of us enduring the whole learning curve. bevel can't design an offense that is hard to defend, and his in-game playcalling is atrocious. The announcers yesterday were specifically talking about Kyle Shanahan's play design that negated our defensive scheme. Ever heard of bevel being that clever, EVEN ONCE?!? Of course not. He's not capable of such, and has been proving it his entire flippin' career.

Also, F1 has been unwatchable to me since the debacle of the US Grand Prix a number of years ago (in Detroit, if I recall), when the drivers refused to drive because they didn't like the tires that were provided by Goodyear. What a bunch of pansy divas! If you are a-sceered of your tires, drive slower and let someone with actual huevos win. Holy Christ, if anybody in NASCAR tried that crap they'd get laughed out of the place! And rightly so. They'd run on bare rims if that's what it took.