Spine of the D is good, everywhere else needs upgrades.

IrishNW

Reaction score
agreed, ET coming back and a few key pieces and this defense is top 5

calinator

Reaction score
ET alone isn't enough. Im seeing it's Richard and also a lack of pass rush. We need DT that can hell with pressure up the middle.

quneur

Reaction score
Seattle pass rush was actually pretty good. But the linebacker's play was just okay. They let too many runs through. Normally, they would be stopping the run first and let the QB beat them but defense played Ryan too much - linebackers defending the pass. Backfield played poorly with all those injuries.

Now, special teams...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I've always wondered why our defensive line was considered a world beater group.

We were great when we had Clemons in the mix but I would say were a 10-15 ranked d line as is.

Rubin and McDaniel are below average inside lineman and thats where the problem lies.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Truth be told, the spine of this D got paid, and also got 3 years older and a step slower. Still pretty damn good, but not dominant now.

Steve2222

Reaction score
seedhawk":2mz5qgxr said:
Truth be told, the spine of this D got paid, and also got 3 years older and a step slower. Still pretty damn good, but not dominant now.

Wagner is in the running for DPOY and ET was great this year. What're you talking about?

u0087966

Reaction score
2013 the defense had 39 turnovers.

2014 and 2015: in the low 20's.

2016: 19 turnovers.

These "let them complete short paases in front of us" philosophy works if turnovers get created.

It's either lack of effort to rip the ball out or teams have figured out how to be patient against our D. D philosophy needs to change or players need to be more agressive to get the ball next year.

getnasty

Reaction score
I thought our pass rush was fine today, Matt Ryan just got the ball out quick.

bighawk

Reaction score
Our depth has been hit hard through free agency. The hunger to stay great is diminishing. Getting paid is on everyone's mind and not being special or a dynasty. A shakeup is needed . I still believe it can be turned around. Our offense can be just as explosive as Atlanta with better protection. More speed is needed in our secondary. Cut back on the stupid penalties the drive stoppers and play for each other.

getnasty

Reaction score
In fact we were great against the run all year and 3rd in the league in sacks. We need another Corner

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
seedhawk":1pc7cv49 said:

And can we name a single replacement other than Clark that has been any better than mediocre at best? My vote is still out on Reed.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
getnasty":3s1se3kl said:
I thought our pass rush was fine today, Matt Ryan just got the ball out quick.

Yeah you had 3 or 4 sacks and hit him a few times. Atlanta had a great game plan, 3 step drops and quick passes.

You have 3 guys on the line with 10 sack potential (Clark, Avril, Bennett) -- I think we can get a better 4th pass rusher than Marsh but other than that...

I look for Reed to take another step forward next year.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":1q7dyzx1 said:
this