I miss Marshawn.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Marshawn was the star of this team. Anybody thinking he wasn't the most important part of the back to back SBs is holding some deep-seated resentment towards him.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
only pretender fans will keep cheering that russell is the leader of this team and brings toughness .... he is NOT the heart of this team they rely on the defense to set the tone where before MARSHAWN would set the tone and keep coming !!! Sorry but until russell gets his head out of his ASS and start challenging his coaches or hold them accountable he is just another pre maddona .... Lots of soul searching on this team since PETE lost this team at Super XLIX !!

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
The running game worked today, you just can't run a lot when it's a 3 score game at HT

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":rt3er779 said:
Marshawn was the star of this team. Anybody thinking he wasn't the most important part of the back to back SBs is holding some deep-seated resentment towards him.

THIS. The 49 SB curse is real too...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
It's was his team most definitely. RW couldn't carry the team the way he did .

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Honestly think ML and ET where the two parts that separated us from the rest of the NFL. Otherwise we are just a decent team.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Are you serious? I'm fairly certain Marshawn watched this seasons offensive line thinking just how lucky he was to have retired. Earl Campbell and Jim Brown would have struggled behind the starters we sent out there.
No doubt he was great. It even he would have suffered a beating this season.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
its pretty simple if its not broken you keep POUNDING !!!! lots of stuff can happen when you HAVE a good running game ... huh i think dallas has one ?

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
seahawkfreak":1i5zy3ml said:
Honestly think ML and ET where the two parts that separated us from the rest of the NFL. Otherwise we are just a decent team.

It is weird to think of what a leader such a mercurial dude was, but yeah. They were the guys that I think elevated those teams.

And to anyone thinking that this thread is meant as a critique of the running game, it is not that at all.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
brimsalabim":bkgc4ew5 said:
Are you serious? I'm fairly certain Marshawn watched this seasons offensive line thinking just how lucky he was to have retired. Earl Campbell and Jim Brown would have struggled behind the starters we sent out there.

Maybe but I also think the OLines the past couple of years have been crap as well. There were a lot of runs I saw our RBs have this year, that I would have put money on ML taking it to the house.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
RW isn't a leader. He's a great individual player, who has a lot of heart. But you never hear about the players talking about his leadership skills...probably because he just doesn't know how to connect with them.

Marshawn never talked much, but his Beastmode approach to playing the game spoke louder than words and as a result his teammates followed suit. As Heath Evans said, the team looked to ML to lead; not RW.

Although I'm on the outside looking in, it feels like since he left, the team's been in disarray.

onepicknick

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3lunrmjr said:

No are you serious, Marshawn would of took the challenge do you possible think we had a great offensive line Marshawn was apart of? You see they are looking for a back to make the line look good instead of having a good line that makes a back look good and it's been that way during this era.

Lynch was the heartbeat of this team all the players saw how he fought for every yard he made them better players for it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Marshawn was the offense. RW without ML is a good quarterback, but not a consistently great one.

He could be, but it's going to take a significant attitude change. He's got to be more demanding of the organization and the players need to know that on his word, they could be shipped off to another team.

NE players respect Tom Brady as much out of fear as out of respect for his skill.

RW's "hey guys, one game at a time guys, c'mon guys never give up guys" stuff has gone very stale. Marshawn always ignored it, and the rest of the team appears to have followed suit the last couple seasons.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I miss him too. He had a way to energize everyone around him on the field-his humor, his thundering runs and his never say die attitude were what fueled this team. All his teammates loved him, looked up to him and he truly inspired them in games. We sorely lack that now.

Sealake80

Reaction score
#3 is definitely a leader IMO. I doubt anyone on the team would disagree.

We all miss the Beast.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":10ro0ip9 said:
RW isn't a leader. He's a great individual player, who has a lot of heart. But you never hear about the players talking about his leadership skills...probably because he just doesn't know how to connect with them.

Marshawn never talked much, but his Beastmode approach to playing the game spoke louder than words and as a result his teammates followed suit. As Heath Evans said, the team looked to ML to lead; not RW.

Although I'm on the outside looking in, it feels like since he left, the team's been in disarray.

The Beast does not win a Super Bowl without Russell. And he doesn't have the great Super Bowl stretches without Russell's comeback drives and his read option ability

Football is a team game. Saying Russell is not a leader is absurd. With Russell we are a playoff divisional round team every year. Ask Marshawn if he can take a team by himself, because last I checked he needed a poor division and a 7-9 playoff team record before "BeastQuake"