Last int...he was down

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
All turnovers are supposed to be automatically reviewed, it's some bs.

Wasn't the main reason why Hawks lost obviously, but still some bs.

potatohead

Reaction score
No time outs so Pete can't challenge and it was 15 seconds outside of two minutes. Absolutely terrible officiating, it wasn't even close.

253hawk

Reaction score
You don't have to challenge it because you can't, all turnovers are supposed to be booth-reviewed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":194mtscl said:
You don't have to challenge it because you can't, all turnovers are supposed to be booth-reviewed.

Yeah, Officials sucked butt today, and there isn't going to be one single thing done about their inept officiating, nor their negligence of enforcing THE RULES.
My only complaint is, we didn't do near enough to win the game, but hey REF'S??? just do your GOT-DAMNED JOBS.

Thanatos19

Reaction score
The booth looked at it and confirmed it was an INT.

The reason it's an INT is because they ruled Luke never had control of the ball. Otherwise it would be a fumble.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
IF the booth reviewed it, it was the fastest review in history, and the first time I've seen a booth review that wasn't announced.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Thanatos19":3izhx9li said:

The reason it's an INT is because they ruled Luke never had control of the ball. Otherwise it would be a fumble.

Where did you get this inside information?

He caught the ball, had control and then was down. So no, no fumble and the play should have been over.

ringless

Reaction score
All turnovers are reviewed whether announced or not. This one was likely reviewed and in real time it just wasn't a completed catch. He never had established full control of the ball, made a football move and that ball was being dislodged as he was going to the ground. There was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field regardless and it didn't change the outcome of the game. It's petty. Seattle was never getting 2 TD's, an onside recovery, and 2 converted 2pt conversions.

If Seattle had made that play I guarantee you all would have a great reason explain why it was a pick. It was a heads up play by the defense and they deserve credit. Just like Seattle gets credit for being very physical at the end of games knowing flags wont be thrown. The real issue was not whether he was down or not.

When I watch Seattle games, especially in 2013-2014 one thing was certain. The team swarmed, it seemed the defense was celebrating after every play. Congratulating each other, boosting each other up. You don't see that anymore. That defense would slowly but surely move the opposition backwards over the course of a half. This year it didn't happen.

On offense, Wilson always had a very strong running game, and he always found ways to extend plays with miraculous spins and through forcing missed tackles. Both of those disappeared. The better team won. Winning is not easy in the NFL. Just look at the Patriots, 5 straight trips to the AFC Conference game (now 6) How many super bowl wins?

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2khb95ay said:
Thanatos19":2khb95ay said:

He caught the ball, had control and then was down. So no, no fumble and the play should have been over.

I don't know that it can be conclusively said that he had control, especially with league confusion of what really constitutes a catch. It's not like he ran around for a bit after the ball got to him.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
My opinion was that he really didn't have full possession on his own. Dual possession is not control. It doesn't matter anyway. raising a stink about how bad the officiating has/is/was is growing very callous. The Jones TD had a missed call with the downfield contact and it was brought up by the commentators after the fact. They need to just let that crap go. Talking about it with the "go to ref in the booth" Blandino after the fact only fuels fires that are contributing to the loss of interest in the game.

Ask yourself this...
When was the last time you were actually comfortable cheering for a big play immediately after it happened?

Sad situation really.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":2lnvjpsh said:
Hawkpower":2lnvjpsh said:
Thanatos19":2lnvjpsh said:

I don't know that it can be conclusively said that he had control, especially with league confusion of what really constitutes a catch. It's not like he ran around for a bit after the ball got to him.

So with said confusion, and with it being a somewhat crucial play, you would think they could have spared a few extra seconds to take a look to make sure.

I think thats all anyone here would have appreciated.

Just seemed like such a rush and before you knew it, Atlanta was snapping the ball......

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1wjbjqb9 said:
Ask yourself this...
When was the last time you were actually comfortable cheering for a big play immediately after it happened?

Sad situation really.

When a routine part of every announcer's repertoire at the conclusion of a big play is, "and.... (pauses to scan the field) no flags on the play," you know there are entirely too many flags, and too many rules.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":av58w6h6 said:
So with said confusion, and with it being a somewhat crucial play, you would think they could have spared a few extra seconds to take a look to make sure.

I think thats all anyone here would have appreciated.

Just seemed like such a rush and before you knew it, Atlanta was snapping the ball......

I agree with that. It's possible they did look at it, but the next possession started so quickly, it sure didn't feel like they did.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
There is just no consistency to the officiating madness. That was a play that should have been looked at regardless of any potential impact on the game. As I understand it, "All turnovers and scores are automatically reviewed." I have seen scoring plays reviewed that took a couple of minutes that were obvious from any angle or distance. The officials on the field, in the booth and those monitoring from NFL headquarters completely screwed that one up!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If they gave the Falcons that sideline catch where he lost it out of bounds then that should have been down by contact as well. Willson lost the ball after having the ball securely in both hands and his back on the ground.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thanatos19":3orjjv96 said:

Absolutely Not True...Willson was down, the Defender had to rip at the ball TWICE before he got it RIPPED OUT of Willson's hands...Officials would have to be completely INEPT (and they were), to say that it was a legitimate interception....The fact that they did NOT show it on replay should tell you something was suspect.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fastest booth review in history of a play that close. I call BS on that "review".
Far too many subleties of interpretation and rules and nuances of what did and didn't happen physically. Whatever review happened was NOT a legitimate review. We got jobbed on that one. The officials screwed up.

No way play should be started without officials taking a REAL look at the play, which they did not. TV announcers glossed over it too. That was a close play with a lot of technical interpretations to work through. I saw catch and down, play over, completed pass, rip after play over, so what.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who says there was booth review? There wasn't time for one. Atlanta had the lead and this was a way to end the game. He was down and it was NOT an interception. It was just a crappy call.

The refereeing in the NFL is always subject to oversight and frequently found to be quite deficient. It could be cured by a professional refereeing corps but football is too cheap to let that happen. Blandino is usually simply full of crap and that's being polite. He's an apologist for the indefensible. Worse by a mile than Mike Perrerra(?sp).

I believe the crappyrefereeingis a reason why the fans are being turned off along with the pure raw greed of the league and the football on almost 4 nights a week. In time you just turn it off as there has to be something more interesting than games that are not always being called fairly or evenly.