Turning Point of the Game

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The Punt return hold call followed by the safety. Seems like since then everything went downhill. What does everyone else think?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1m6v3gtw said:
The Punt return hold call followed by the safety. Seems like since then everything went downhill. What does everyone else think?

Also Shead getting hurt.

calinator

Reaction score
There wasn't one. The team played 3 quarters of bad football.

AlciG

Reaction score
Obviously that was a turning point. Without the hold Hawks have the ball and a chance to score at least 3.
Now Falcons got 2 points and off the kick another 3. So that makes that at least an 8 point swing

:pukeface:

nash72

Reaction score
Well, I mean seriously, after the first drive what did the offense do? They did exactly what they've done almost the entire season and that is to lay down and take the rest of the game off. If its not an entire half, its always at least an entire quarter where they cant even convert a third down or whatever. The offense sucks and I blame Bevell. Always have.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
nash72":1q21s4zi said:
Well, I mean seriously, after the first drive what did the offense do? They did exactly what they've done almost the entire season and that is to lay down and take the rest of the game off. If its not an entire half, its always at least an entire quarter where they cant even convert a third down or whatever. The offense sucks and I blame Bevell. Always have.

I see your point, but think about it. We probably score a touchdown there, so we're up by 10 points. We're in control of the game if that happens. We get to focus on time of possession rather than catch up. That entire sequence messed us up

flmmkrz

Reaction score
turning point was after we scored on the first drive, the d turned around and let them do the same. We had the chance to take the fans out of it and make them think oh crap but they crapped the bed and then it just spiraled. The kpl incident was ugly but we had a chance to make a statement early and our tone setters failed to do so.

12thbrah

Reaction score
We absolutely wasted an incredible game for hester. Couldnt have asked for more from that guy

RussB

Reaction score
Agreed. They needed to execute a perfect gameplan and make the least mistakes possible to win this game with all the deficiences they have and they were doing that before it happened . There was no room for error and it was all downhill from there.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
All these answers are on point. We had multiple opportunities and blew every one of them.

soje

Reaction score
You have to wonder how emotionally strong this team is when a couple of plays (KPL hold and the safety) virtually puts this game away.

SeaChat

Reaction score
You all were much kinder and more patient than I was in calling the game for the Zebras and the Falcons, when I watched Julio Jones dragging Richard Sherman by his face mask down the field behind him, and then saw the Zebra throw the flag and called Sherman for pass interference, I knew we were most likely not going to get any kind of fair officiating in this one, and that we were not the New York NFLs Talking Heads preferred team to win in this one. In short we were pooched in the behind from the get go.

Then the ignored offensive pass interference calls, Deven Hester's returns being killed off, their player takes our player to the ground and holds him there and we get the penalty. The allnight uncalled offensive holding penalties, it was plain crazy out there, the Zebras didn't even try to hide what they were doing. I never give up on my Hawks and I kept holding out hopes against all hopes that some how, some way, we could settle down and beat both the Zebras and the Falcons, but they were just getting started.

I knew all hope was lost, when a Falcon player rips the ball out of Doug's hands while he is lying flat on his back, without benefit of a mandatory review award the Falcons a fumble recovery? The proverbial knife to the heart , gifted from the Zebras to the Falcons.

The really sad part of all of this is that had the NFL New York talking heads who now officiate all our games through headsets on all the officials, dictating to the refs on the field, what to call and when to call it, would get the %#%^ out of our games and let the teams play football, there is a good chance that the Falcons might have beat us anyway, but at least it would have been us against them and not us against them and New York.

I was fully prepared for that possibility and I would have gladly tipped my hat to the Falcons and congratulated them on a good game. I don't know how I'm supposed to look a Falcon fan straight in the eye and keep a straight face. I don't dare say anything without seeming like a sore loser. I'm not angry at the Falcons, they just took what was gifted to them, I am mad at the NFL and and am committed to persuing this matter in the offseason. We need to take control of the officiating out of their hands, it's a clear conflict of interest, and wouldn't hold water in a court if challenged.

They clearly benefit directly by the outcomes of our games by way of revenues earned.

I guess I'll just congratulate the Falcons on a win and hope they know in their hearts that they were gifted this one. I will be sure to encourage them to enjoy it, because in the next game they may discover that the NFL talking heads in New York may unleash their band of nasty little Zebras on them instead, and send their asses packing and headed home to lick their wounds in their next go around.

I'll be rooting for Green Bay tomorrow and hoping that the Falcons have to face Mr Rodgers, cause I got a feeling that is when the Falcons are going to be fed the same pile of chit from the Zebras and the talking heads fed us today. That will give me some twisted sense of satisfaction.

In closing the NFL keeps on saying that game attendance and tv viewership are in a decline, and they " don't know why". Maybe if they would give us back our Football and stop treating it like a corporate machine, where they carefully work the numbers to see where the most dollars can be generated by which fan base and which stadium. We are not all of an IQ of 89 or less. We can see that the teams with the largest fan bases and the largest ticket revenues are the same teams in the playoffs this year. I don't think that is purely by coincidence, do you?

I know I'm long winded, you should expect no less from me by now. For 40 seasons I've been a loyal fan of the Seattle Seahawks and I'll continue to be for however many years I've got left. The season didn't end the way I hoped it would. I've seen a lot worse. I've seen a lot of seasons where we didn't make the playoffs at all. We'll be back, bank on it.

Go Seahawks !!

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
soje":g2tsl1xy said:
You have to wonder how emotionally strong this team is when a couple of plays (KPL hold and the safety) virtually puts this game away.

In fairness I don't think it's a couple of plays. That sequence left the Seahawks defense on the field for 2-3 immediate sequences

Instead of being in position to extend our lead, we get a safety. Which leads to Atlanta getting the ball back, which puts an exhausted defense back on the field. And then, Atlanta gets the ball back again to start the 2nd half. It was an avalanche after that safety specifically because of the sequence. We needed to keep the Atlanta offense either playing catchup or on the sideline and that didn't happen

mrt144

Reaction score
soje":2firqwau said:

I dont think they are at this point - i think theres a ton of resentment from D to O and some unfortunate fatalistic thinking. Have any of these guys experienced a bad season by NFL standards? That's kind of the hard part of constant and impressive success - you have no basis to digesting adversity until it happens. Pete has his work cut out for him in managing the morale of his players.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Losing Ifedi was huge. On the opening drive, he was mauling.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
pacific101":xj2gl4xf said:
You all were much kinder and more patient than I was in calling the game for the Zebras and the Falcons, when I watched Julio Jones dragging Richard Sherman by his face mask down the field behind him, and then saw the Zebra throw the flag and called Sherman for pass interference, I knew we were most likely not going to get any kind of fair officiating in this one, and that we were not the New York NFLs Talking Heads preferred team to win in this one. In short we were pooched in the behind from the get go.

Then the ignored offensive pass interference calls, Deven Hester's returns being killed off, their player takes our player to the ground and holds him there and we get the penalty. The allnight uncalled offensive holding penalties, it was plain crazy out there, the Zebras didn't even try to hide what they were doing. I never give up on my Hawks and I kept holding out hopes against all hopes that some how, some way, we could settle down and beat both the Zebras and the Falcons, but they were just getting started.

I knew all hope was lost, when a Falcon player rips the ball out of Doug's hands while he is lying flat on his back, without benefit of a mandatory review award the Falcons a fumble recovery? The proverbial knife to the heart , gifted from the Zebras to the Falcons.

The really sad part of all of this is that had the NFL New York talking heads who now officiate all our games through headsets on all the officials, dictating to the refs on the field, what to call and when to call it, would get the %#%^ out of our games and let the teams play football, there is a good chance that the Falcons might have beat us anyway, but at least it would have been us against them and not us against them and New York.

I was fully prepared for that possibility and I would have gladly tipped my hat to the Falcons and congratulated them on a good game. I don't know how I'm supposed to look a Falcon fan straight in the eye and keep a straight face. I don't dare say anything without seeming like a sore loser. I'm not angry at the Falcons, they just took what was gifted to them, I am mad at the NFL and and am committed to persuing this matter in the offseason. We need to take control of the officiating out of their hands, it's a clear conflict of interest, and wouldn't hold water in a court if challenged.

They clearly benefit directly by the outcomes of our games by way of revenues earned.

I guess I'll just congratulate the Falcons on a win and hope they know in their hearts that they were gifted this one. I will be sure to encourage them to enjoy it, because in the next game they may discover that the NFL talking heads in New York may unleash their band of nasty little Zebras on them instead, and send their asses packing and headed home to lick their wounds in their next go around.

I'll be rooting for Green Bay tomorrow and hoping that the Falcons have to face Mr Rodgers, cause I got a feeling that is when the Falcons are going to be fed the same pile of chit from the Zebras and the talking heads fed us today. That will give me some twisted sense of satisfaction.

In closing the NFL keeps on saying that game attendance and tv viewership are in a decline, and they " don't know why". Maybe if they would give us back our Football and stop treating it like a corporate machine, where they carefully work the numbers to see where the most dollars can be generated by which fan base and which stadium. We are not all of an IQ of 89 or less. We can see that the teams with the largest fan bases and the largest ticket revenues are the same teams in the playoffs this year. I don't think that is purely by coincidence, do you?

I know I'm long winded, you should expect no less from me by now. For 40 seasons I've been a loyal fan of the Seattle Seahawks and I'll continue to be for however many years I've got left. The season didn't end the way I hoped it would. I've seen a lot worse. I've seen a lot of seasons where we didn't make the playoffs at all. We'll be back, bank on it.

Go Seahawks !!
Spot on. My only hope is the falcons are on the end of what we received in their next game.