Frustrating Yet Perspective.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Years ago I am livid over this loss. I am losing my cool, throwing the remote, screaming, what-have-you.

Today, I am dealing with technology. Something called a DVR which allows me to pause live television. Something I could have used aplenty decades ago. I don't have the strength to watch a Seahawks playoff game live. Not on the road. Every thing that is a negative play or situation for the Seahawks, I don't need to listen to their crowd cheering our misfortune. It only makes my blood pressure boil.

So I pause. Pause, pause, pause. Go distract myself to waste time. Then I can come back, sit down, and fast forward through annoying commercial breaks, and the more annoying plays where the opponent does something good.

This is how I watched the divisional playoff game today. After a strong championship-caliber Seahawk opening drive, things were looking good. Then the safety.

The safety.

From that moment on, momentum was handed over to the Falcons. But forget the final score for a moment. This wasn't a team that was outmatched, or outclassed. This was a team that lost this game weeks ago when they couldn't take care of a depleted Cardinals team at home.

THAT is when we lost this game.

5 straight years in the playoffs. That's no joke folks, and something to chin up over. And there's no reason to conclude we won't be back next year. This team is still loaded with talented, pro bowl/all pro-caliber players who have been there. If this OL can continue to gel together, we may be on to something.

Yeah, it sucks man. We all wanted our boys to make it to the Conference Championship. From there, who knows?

To the classy Falcons fans, congratulations. Hat's off. You guys won fair and square. Good luck in the NFCCG. Beat the Packers or Cowboys. I will be rooting you guys on.

Chin up boys and girls. The window is far from closed.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Realistically the same team we've seen all year showed up which is why it's not that hard to take.

I figured the Falcons would win and they did, the Seahawks just had no heart in this game and that was unfortunate to see.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No heart? I respectfully disagree. I don't think they lacked heart. They came out fast, a 14 play drive that ended in a touchdown. Something this team rarely did this year. I didn't see a lack of "want to" out of our players today. I just saw a Falcons team that made great plays, caught the momentum and never gave it back.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The only positive from today, welcome back aros :D

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks got beat by a better team. No shame in that. Got out coached too. That's happened a lot this year.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Im just so glad we have a choke hold on this division, or else I'd be despondent. But we're taking the division next year, and if fitz retires we're probably winning it by three games minimum.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
good summary but in order to stay competitive in this league year after year you need to evolve. The core is here but we cannot afford to pay everyone. In order to strengthen our weaknesses it may take getting rid of a key cog in the wheel. Yes it will hurt but it needs to be done to recharge the roster and fill the gaps. We cannot afford to be status quo anymore because frankly this is not the 2013 team anymore regardless of the players that are still here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Amen Brother. I got up and walked away a couple of times. I'm bummed, but we'll be back next year, better than ever.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Are you saying the safety was the 'turning point' of the game? If so, I agree.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The better team won today. We'll reinforce our O-line and bring depth back to the D next year. Championship window is still alive so don't stress out too much, can't win it all every year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":261u5yj3 said:
Are you saying the safety was the 'turning point' of the game? If so, I agree.

I think it was 80 something yard change in field position.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
We couldn't overcome our injuries this year,next man up only matters if the drop-off is not that steep.wonder what we look like next year if we can't extend kam.hope the oline comes together like Pete hopes.This team is far from done is long as we still have number 3 and maybe change our defensive philosophy a lil to not depend on one player so much.where was our pass rush today?well no matter how mad I am ,I will still be here next year just like the rest of y'all.here's to the off-season.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I won't rehash what happened. I will say these last two playoffs would be easier to stomach had SB 49 ended differently.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawker8989":3os9nnaz said:
I won't rehash what happened. I will say these last two playoffs would be easier to stomach had SB 49 ended differently.

Totally agree. That was when things began to change with this team as well.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Somewhat alarmed in that there is a true regression in Russell Wilson as a QB....it's not all bad pass protection on every play, he doesn't take and make enough of the simple throws in the offense, over the course of 16 games....he's not consistent enough to elevate the offense, despite pretty decent playmakers littered all over the field.....I've watched QB's pass him by like Matt Ryan, Derek Carr pass him by as far as being efficient and making the basic throws....

We can talk about the injuries, blame Bevell, the Arizona game at home etc....a lot of it is what PC isn't saying in his press conferences.....it's pretty much set in stone that until Russell Wilson makes a true effort to improve as a pocket QB and takes his game to a more efficient level, with making the basic throws on a consistent enough basis to move the chains, we are going to be at a 10-6, 11-5 level, which is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win another Super Bowl. The defense cannot be asked for another 18-19 game run next year, to hold teams under 20 PPG, game in and game out....this is an offensive league now.

Regarding the offensive line, which played pretty much as expected, I don't anticipate much more improvement, unless you draft more lineman at the expense of shoring up the depth this team needs....need a legitimate 3 down Running back and need to get a legit second corner high in the draft that can cover....Shead is a great player and story, but I'd rather have him at FS vs Terrell.

Congrats to ATL, but honestly, they have no shot vs either team next week or if they somehow made it to Houston, they would get torched....that's a bad defense we only scored 13 points against when the game mattered....and their special teams are horrific.....this is a one-year wonder situation like CArolina last year....they will not score 540 points again next year.

London12

Reaction score
Fully agree with the OP.

Apart from the classy Falcons fans, never seen a worse collective across the Internet. Obviously not all.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":3o59uvr6 said:
Somewhat alarmed in that there is a true regression in Russell Wilson as a QB....it's not all bad pass protection on every play, he doesn't take and make enough of the simple throws in the offense, over the course of 16 games....he's not consistent enough to elevate the offense, despite pretty decent playmakers littered all over the field.....I've watched QB's pass him by like Matt Ryan, Derek Carr pass him by as far as being efficient and making the basic throws....

We can talk about the injuries, blame Bevell, the Arizona game at home etc....a lot of it is what PC isn't saying in his press conferences.....it's pretty much set in stone that until Russell Wilson makes a true effort to improve as a pocket QB and takes his game to a more efficient level, with making the basic throws on a consistent enough basis to move the chains, we are going to be at a 10-6, 11-5 level, which is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win another Super Bowl. The defense cannot be asked for another 18-19 game run next year, to hold teams under 20 PPG, game in and game out....this is an offensive league now.

Regarding the offensive line, which played pretty much as expected, I don't anticipate much more improvement, unless you draft more lineman at the expense of shoring up the depth this team needs....need a legitimate 3 down Running back and need to get a legit second corner high in the draft that can cover....Shead is a great player and story, but I'd rather have him at FS vs Terrell.

Congrats to ATL, but honestly, they have no shot vs either team next week or if they somehow made it to Houston, they would get torched....that's a bad defense we only scored 13 points against when the game mattered....and their special teams are horrific.....this is a one-year wonder situation like CArolina last year....they will not score 540 points again next year.

You do realize he's playing behind the worst offensive line in the league right?

I will say he my be gun shy and he may still be injured. He didn't have a terrible year but it was off.

None the less I'm not anywhere near losing faith in him, he still makes baller throws, just misses some here and there.

onepicknick

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1m1grg0o said:
Aros":1m1grg0o said:
To the classy Falcons fans, congratulations. Hat's off. You guys won fair and square. Good luck in the NFCCG. Beat the Packers or Cowboys. I will be rooting you guys on.

:2thumbs:

Good game Seattle.

Congrats Falcon fan

Good luck next week against the Boys I hope your team makes it a good game Our D would of never stop them we had a problem with mobile QBs and now it looks like we have a problem with pocket QBs

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1y6dyyp9 said:
Somewhat alarmed in that there is a true regression in Russell Wilson as a QB....it's not all bad pass protection on every play, he doesn't take and make enough of the simple throws in the offense, over the course of 16 games....he's not consistent enough to elevate the offense, despite pretty decent playmakers littered all over the field.....I've watched QB's pass him by like Matt Ryan, Derek Carr pass him by as far as being efficient and making the basic throws...

I agree with this.