The Stink of the 2016 season... is...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
12 points at home vs Miami. We should always score more than 12 in our house.

3 points at Los Angeles.

13 points at New Orleans (plus a TD from the defense), against one of the league's worst defenses.

6 points at Arizona.

5 points at Tampa Bay.

10 points at Green Bay.

Those games accounted for a record of 1-4-1. 49 total points, an average of 8.1. It is damn hard to win in the NFL when you have 6 games that ugly. 6 out of 16.

The defense has lots of issues, too, especially with Earl gone and the inability to force interceptions or turnovers like we used to. When you have the 2013 Seahawks defense, you can make up for a lot of bad offense. We don't have that defense any more.

But, man...this has GOT to change for next season. We can't have these huge stretches of games where our offense looks in complete disarray. A competent line, Wilson healthy and a reliable running game will make all the difference, I understand. There is a lot of talent on offense, but we are wasting opportunities. The window is definitely closing.

The piecemeal offensive line strategy is an absolute failure, it has cost us two seasons in a row now. There needs to be huge changes.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":x9oi1ewr said:

3 points at Los Angeles.

13 points at New Orleans (plus a TD from the defense), against one of the league's worst defenses.

6 points at Arizona.

5 points at Tampa Bay.

10 points at Green Bay.

Those games accounted for a record of 1-4-1. 49 total points, an average of 8.1. It is damn hard to win in the NFL when you have 6 games that ugly. 6 out of 16.

The defense has lots of issues, too, especially with Earl gone and the inability to force interceptions or turnovers like we used to. When you have the 2013 Seahawks defense, you can make up for a lot of bad offense. We don't have that defense any more.

But, man...this has GOT to change for next season. We can't have these huge stretches of games where our offense looks in complete disarray. A competent line, Wilson healthy and a reliable running game will make all the difference, I understand. There is a lot of talent on offense, but we are wasting opportunities. The window is definitely closing.

The piecemeal offensive line strategy is an absolute failure, it has cost us two seasons in a row now. There needs to be huge changes.

Bevell is great, everything is fine.

Perspective.

Jk, but some will say.

Sadly I don't see anything changing which will ultimately lead to other people making the decisions for the team. (If that is to continue).

20 points vs Atlanta isn't alot either.

HHawk121

Reaction score
Who cares about those? They meant absolutely nothing today. The Stink of 2016 is Cable's job on the O-Line

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HHawk121":3indkhbp said:
Who cares about those? They meant absolutely nothing today. The Stink of 2016 is Cable's job on the O-Line

I'd agree with this overall and Bevell's inability to be a consistent coordinator.

Even more so than the defensive lapses, although those have been somewhat alarming as well.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":12z2jh3t said:
FlyingGreg":12z2jh3t said:

3 points at Los Angeles.

6 points at Arizona.

5 points at Tampa Bay.

10 points at Green Bay.

Bevell is great, everything is fine.

Perspective.

Jk, but some will say.

Sadly I don't see anything changing which will ultimately lead to other people making the decisions for the team. (If that is to continue).

Nobody gets a pass. Bevell is fair game, but it is hard to say with a line so bad. Our tackles....uggghh.....

Wilson was off all season, mostly from the injuries...but I also personally think is is over-extended with the business ventures, Hollywood stuff, the burden of fame, impending fatherhood, you name it. It's all part of having a franchise QB, but I hope he can get his mojo back.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HHawk121":3iij5lv4 said:

Come on. A competent offense in those games gives us at least the #2 seed....

Of course they meant something.

HHawk121

Reaction score
The offense was incompetent because of the offensive line... Seriously? Go back and watch them again. When Russell spends all game running from pressure and getting hit, Seahawks lose and look completely incompetent.

It sure doesn't help that Bevell still hasn't figured out that 5 and 7 step drops take longer than the 1 and 1/2 seconds Cable's O-line gives them.