Are pick plays illegal or not?

ARhawk

Reaction score
This is not a blame the refs thread. I am genuinely curious if it is a penalty anymore or not. They called OPI on us many times this season for stuff less than a pick, but let the Saints and Falcons get away with obvious pick plays. I've seen a lot of other teams run pick plays without a penalty too. What's the deal?

Again, we would have lost anyway and I don't think the refs are out to get us. It's just every game announcers will mention that there was a pick play hut a flag wasn't thrown. Did they change the rule and not tell anybody?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ARhawk":3mnn4tk0 said:
This is not a blame the refs thread. I am genuinely curious if it is a penalty anymore or not. They called OPI on us many times this season for stuff less than a pick, but let the Saints and Falcons get away with obvious pick plays. I've seen a lot of other teams run pick plays without a penalty too. What's the deal?

Again, we would have lost anyway and I don't think the refs are out to get us. It's just every game announcers will mention that there was a pick play hut a flag wasn't thrown. Did they change the rule and not tell anybody?

After one yard/before ball is secured, absolutely not legal. No idea why it is only called against us, never in our favor. Perplexing.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":e0ykqlw7 said:
ARhawk":e0ykqlw7 said:

After one yard/before ball is secured, absolutely not legal. No idea why it is only called against us, never in our favor. Perplexing.

No it isn't...it's par for the course. How far into the game were we when the Falcons got their first of two penalties?