This season should be a learning lesson. My final thought.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I understand why the defense was paid. They deserved it. I get it. However they over reacted with the Unger/Graham trade. We simply do not use Graham enough to get that value we lost from Unger back. In fact I think in general football terms, this is a lesson. You can't have an elite team when you don't have a professional offensive line. We saw it start to decline after winning SB48. Carpenter goes, Giacomini gone, then Unger and Okung after SB49. It's amazing to watch Brady and Rodgers play because they take full advantage of the protection they are given. Wilson is capable of doing this as well. Should be no question about that. PLEASE Schneider get this o line fixed because it is the only glaring hole in this team. I don't care if we weren't the #1 defense. I'll take a top 10 defense every year. It's hard to measure Cable because he's not working with great players, however Bevell is someone they should look into replacing. The fact that Graham isn't used properly is enough for me. Our first 3 drives we made the red zone. First time we give the ball to Graham. We score a TD. What happens the next 2 times? We act like Graham doesn't exist, which results in 0 TD's. Wow what a shocker! And before you say that Wilson over threw Baldwin on those chances, well I say that's even more of a reason to pass to Graham because he's so hard to overthrow. The guy is 6'7. He's elite. He will jump up and get the ball more times than not. What are we doing? After that the defense collapsed against an insanely great offense, and the off season officially began.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Crizilla":3vbro8p0 said:
I understand why the defense was paid. They deserved it. I get it. However they over reacted with the Unger/Graham trade. We simply do not use Graham enough to get that value we lost from Unger back. In fact I think in general football terms, this is a lesson. You can't have an elite team when you don't have a professional offensive line. We saw it start to decline after winning SB48. Carpenter goes, Giacomini gone, then Unger and Okung after SB49. It's amazing to watch Brady and Rodgers play because they take full advantage of the protection they are given. Wilson is capable of doing this as well. Should be no question about that. PLEASE Schneider get this o line fixed because it is the only glaring hole in this team. I don't care if we weren't the #1 defense. I'll take a top 10 defense every year. It's hard to measure Cable because he's not working with great players, however Bevell is someone they should look into replacing. The fact that Graham isn't used properly is enough for me. Our first 3 drives we made the red zone. First time we give the ball to Graham. We score a TD. What happens the next 2 times? We act like Graham doesn't exist, which results in 0 TD's. Wow what a shocker! And before you say that Wilson over threw Baldwin on those chances, well I say that's even more of a reason to pass to Graham because he's so hard to overthrow. The guy is 6'7. He's elite. He will jump up and get the ball more times than not. What are we doing? After that the defense collapsed against an insanely great offense, and the off season officially began.

TL;DR

Simple. Playing time. Rees was forced to play on the line and had what one game worth of snaps in the regular season?

I remember a reporter asking Pete if he'd get more playing time and Pete assured him he would.

Poor coaching, unprepared.

However it's not really as though Rees is even a depth piece since he's just another rookie.