When did you know it was over?

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I knew it was over when we didn't take a timeout with 3 timeouts remaining and 53 seconds on the clock to end the 1st Half.... I thought somehow we knew we were defeated and threw the towel in at that time... I totally disagreed with not at least trying to move the ball down the field for at least a Field Goal Attempt... Right then I thought something is really wrong...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
You're on to something here in a roundabout way.

I said weeks ago that Pete's sideline demeanor was different for much of this season. He wasn't quite as engaged from beginning to end, and today, for the first time since he's been coaching in Seattle, he looked totally drained/deflated.

I think this season really took it out of him, and much of that is due to all the sh*t happening behind the scenes which was bleeding out onto the field on game day.

This off-season will be one for the ages...

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Hawkboi":29mc1d30 said:
I knew it was over when we didn't take a timeout with 3 timeouts remaining and 48 seconds on the clock to end the 1st Half.... I thought somehow we knew we were defeated and threw the towel in at that time... I totally disagreed with not at least trying to move the ball down the field for at a Field Goal... Right then I thought something is real wrong...
I never considered it over given some of our past comebacks, but I really hated that call.

Against a weaker offense, were we winning, or were we getting the ball to start the 2nd half I'd understand it. But given how hard it was to stop Atlanta's offense, every possession was important. I assume Pete was worried about Atlanta getting the ball back and scoring again, but given they were already ahead and would get another possession to start the 2nd half, it was no time to play conservative.

OpHawk

Reaction score
The Tampa Bay game. That's when I knew this team wasn't going anywhere.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2snondw6 said:

I said weeks ago that Pete's sideline demeanor was different for much of this season. He wasn't quite as engaged from beginning to end, and today, for the first time since he's been coaching in Seattle, he looked totally drained/deflated.

I think this season really took it out of him, and much of that is due to all the sh*t happening behind the scenes which was bleeding out onto the field on game day.

I agree, this team had no swagger. There wasn't one area you could hang your hat on and rely on completely.
This was a real coaching challenge. As soon as you patch a hole, another one shows up.
We went about as far as we could go.

mrt144

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":6i99u3yy said:
Hawkboi":6i99u3yy said:
I knew it was over when we didn't take a timeout with 3 timeouts remaining and 48 seconds on the clock to end the 1st Half.... I thought somehow we knew we were defeated and threw the towel in at that time... I totally disagreed with not at least trying to move the ball down the field for at a Field Goal... Right then I thought something is real wrong...
I never considered it over given some of our past comebacks, but I really hated that call.

Against a weaker offense, were we winning, or were we getting the ball to start the 2nd half I'd understand it. But given how hard it was to stop Atlanta's offense, every possession was important. I assume Pete was worried about Atlanta getting the ball back and scoring again, but given they were already ahead and would get another possession to start the 2nd half, it was no time to play conservative.

This was the year where the "we are always in it till the end" died. I wouldn't be surprised if the morale of the team and the seeming belief in destiny diminished a ton.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I know not everyone will believe me. But I was really worried after week 1. I knew the o line would need work and need it FAST.

mrt144

Reaction score
Crizilla":3tsz50jz said:
I know not everyone will believe me. But I was really worried after week 1. I knew the o line would need work and need it FAST.

How many games did you think after the first or second drive "Here we go again".

Vpk0718

Reaction score
When Tom Cable wasnt fired and changes to the offensive line approach weren't made in the offseason.

That's probably about the same time that I'll know the 2017 season is over too.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TheHawkster":vlwmq9ps said:
semiahmoo":vlwmq9ps said:

I agree, this team had no swagger. There wasn't one area you could hang your hat on and rely on completely.
This was a real coaching challenge. As soon as you patch a hole, another one shows up.
We went about as far as we could go.

YUP - no Hawk swagger.

We need to get that back!!!

OpHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1697xjn0 said:

I didn't have a single discussion about the Seahawks in the offseason that didn't involve me expressing great concern about the offensive line. It has gotten worse every year since 2013 and looked to be worse yet in 2016.

u0087966

Reaction score
When they lost the #2 seed....losing at home against AZ.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When Hester's 90-yard return was called back, pinning us at the 5, and then the safety.

That series of events was the end of the game for the Seahawks.

Crizilla

Reaction score
OpHawk":kygd2c2z said:
Crizilla":kygd2c2z said:

I didn't have a single discussion about the Seahawks in the offseason that didn't involve me expressing great concern about the offensive line. It has gotten worse every year since 2013 and looked to be worse yet in 2016.

Exactly. Basically sums up my final thought thread. It's hit rock button. They have work to do to put a better product on the field for the fans.