Core of the team isn't going anywhere, how can they improve

mrt144

Reaction score
Coaching or scheme, perhaps?

It's not like Schneider has blown it in the draft. Several players have stepped up from 2015 and 2014. Over half the defense and offense starters are here the next 2 years. It doesn't feel like there are much personnel slots outside of OL, CB opposite of Sherman, and a pass rushing DT who prevents QBs from having much pocket to step up into, who could we really upgrade on the roster?

With so much in place already I feel like the biggest leaps in performance are changing aspects of how we approach the game schematically. Nothing else is available at this point.

Maybe we'll get more lucky breaks on injuries next season and that will help but I just feel like we're drowning in water that is just below our eyes.

timmat

Reaction score
Add two solid veteran O linemen in free agency - don't need to be pro bowl guys, but no more college projects at that position group please. I believe that even with no other major improvements, a middle of the pack O line vs a bottom of the barrel position group would have got us a first round bye this year, and maybe get us to 12 wins next year. It's the obvious thing.

...and a fresh OC.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The OC has got to go he should've been gone right after Super Bowl 49 that was a huge huge mistake ! I like cable a lot give him some real weapons to work with on the offense of line and you'll see a much better job out of him , he is not the problem believe that !Richard is also got to go too .he is in way over his head as a DC and it's pretty clear

RussB

Reaction score
Sign the best offensive linemen on the market (whitworth, lang). And get a new OC.

I think they can make another SB run if that happens. Im repeating what i said in another thread but most games are won and lost in the trenches. You cant expect to have a good offense and control time of possesion with basketball players at left tackle.