Will Jimmy Graham ask for a trade?

seabowl

Reaction score
I really would not be surprised if he asks for a trade unless there are major coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball. He knew we were a running team when he came here but I bet did not envision this. Even the announcers were calling out Bevell for having him in there to chip block. What a waste of a one of a kind weapon.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wouldn't blame him. At all. He deserves better. What a slap in the face to him to completely ignore him in the red zone after the first TD. I guess we decided we didn't like scoring touch downs anymore.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
So do you think he thinks it's all about him?

Think Baldwin will too?

crosfam

Reaction score
I think he is more likely to ask for an extension. Playoff opportunities are rare and he is no rookie.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":ivuxi2lh said:

Think Baldwin will too?

Missing the point.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He was one of the top TEs in the league by quite a few measures. He certainly could ask, but he would want to go to a winner. Which limits his value. We wouldn't just give him away.

He did seems really unhappy this year.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seabowl":213qr9t4 said:
I really would not be surprised if he asks for a trade unless there are major coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball. He knew we were a running team when he came here but I bet did not envision this. Even the announcers were calling out Bevell for having him in there to chip block. What a waste of a one of a kind weapon.

Indeed. And then Bevell calls a little slant route for the OTHER TE on the team and we get a fumble. (And I love Luke Wilson) Why the hell doesn't Bevell unleash Jimmy, keep a second TE in for blocking, and design a few plays around that very simple concept.

Today showed a vast difference in coaching abilities iMO. Bevell has long struggled to adapt during a game. Atlanta adapted early, and kicked our ass from then on. (Granted, our D was none too sharp either and it had to play out of its shoes against that Atlanta offense.)

Look, the better team, both in defense and offense, and coaching, won today.

Seahawks 2016 were not an elite level team IMO. Fans have been getting high off the fumes of previous seasons, but now reality is setting in.

The team needs some significant changes if it is to stop the fall, and begin to rise.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Jimmy was a giant decoy for most of the year.
We need a beast receiver to open him up.
Right now, Hes just getting the little guys open.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2xvjnstz said:

Partly true, but he spent more than half the time blocking.

Friggin' nuts to waste a talent like that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Graham would be wise to ask with Bevell and Cable here. We get about 50% out of him trying to make a blocker of him when he is a mismatch 90% of the plays on the field.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":w6r4em46 said:
seabowl":w6r4em46 said:

Indeed. And then Bevell calls a little slant route for the OTHER TE on the team and we get a fumble. (And I love Luke Wilson) Why the hell doesn't Bevell unleash Jimmy, keep a second TE in for blocking, and design a few plays around that very simple concept.

Today showed a vast difference in coaching abilities iMO. Bevell has long struggled to adapt during a game. Atlanta adapted early, and kicked our ass from then on. (Granted, our D was none too sharp either and it had to play out of its shoes against that Atlanta offense.)

Look, the better team, both in defense and offense, and coaching, won today.

Seahawks 2016 were not an elite level team IMO. Fans have been getting high off the fumes of previous seasons, but now reality is setting in.

The team needs some significant changes if it is to stop the fall, and begin to rise.

Reality is setting in for the fans, not the coaches.

This was the reload year. This was very likely expected and planned for. They played with a ton of young talent this year. How can this year not be viewed as the rebuilding year? Looking back...do you think the organization believes they were ready to be the most elite team in the NFL?

Trust in the process. This was the low; next year we go back up.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I hope so for his sake. Graham not being utilized to his full potential. Bevell is a moron there really is no excuse other than that.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Today was a perfect game to build him in as the main option and finishes with 3 catches for 22 yards. That is unacceptable. That is coaching. I saw him come out on third down a handful of times today. That is coaching. We need someone who can identify superstars and make them a vital part of the weekly game plan, not keep them in-line blocking.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":3g98cmr6 said:
Graham would be wise to ask with Bevell and Cable here. We get about 50% out of him trying to make a blocker of him when he is a mismatch 90% of the plays on the field.

Agreed. Lost count of how many times I would see Graham blocking yet again, watch a running play get stuffed, and then see it repeated time after time after time.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
TheHawkster":nzqwzzre said:

So why does our biggest weapon have to be used as a decoy? Why didn't the Falcons use Julio as one? Because they do what's right and throw to him and guess what? He torched us. It's Bevell, hello!!!!!!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mistaowen":pyxd0v49 said:
Today was a perfect game to build him in as the main option and finishes with 3 catches for 22 yards. That is unacceptable. That is coaching. I saw him come out on third down a handful of times today. That is coaching. We need someone who can identify superstars and make them a vital part of the weekly game plan, not keep them in-line blocking.

100% right.

NO excuse for how JG was treated by Bevell this season. NONE.

There were a lot of issues with the team this season, but this was def. one the biggest.

nash72

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":32ti1w5q said:
Reality is setting in for the fans, not the coaches.

This was the reload year. This was very likely expected and planned for. They played with a ton of young talent this year. How can this year not be viewed as the rebuilding year? Looking back...do you think the organization believes they were ready to be the most elite team in the NFL?

Trust in the process. This was the low; next year we go back up.

Everybody keeps saying this was the reload or rebuilding year,,,,how so? I agree we have a lot of youth on the team and they saw their fair share of playing time, but who in the world has shown any kind of potential among them? If we are rebuilding with these same players, this team is in a crap load of trouble.

Hawks46

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":3a2ehtld said:

Think Baldwin will too?

Baldwin was targeted twice as much as Graham in the red zone. He shouldn't have any complaints. Like the guy above said, the first touchdown was too easy so it's like we had to make it a challenge for ourselves or something