Want to go watch an inspired D w/o their #1 player?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I know what you are going to say - wrong forum goggles - but the Houston team is demonstrating the type of grit that I used to see in the Seahawks. The D is playing with emotion (imagine that). My biggest gripe with the Seahawks was how emotionless they were on both sides of the ball.

mrt144

Reaction score
The frustration of losing their mojo seems like it accelerated the loss of their mojo.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
by the way, Houston has picked Brady twice tonight. That totals his regular season total (1 of which was Shead). Remember when Seattle used to generate turnovers? That was cool.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't get why the refs reviewed the called turnover when they thought Oswelier fumbled the ball (it was overturned). I thought they didn't do that anymore?

RussB

Reaction score
Our defense lacks the aggression it once had. A couple of weeks ago i rewatched a couple of games from 2013 and that D was nasty. Pressure seemed to get their quicker, DB's covered better and tackled better.

They just overall looked so much tighter and stout as a unit. Maybe over time they just regressed, i know for sure sherman and kam arent the same but still good.

Only way i can put it is they used to have the juice but dont anymore.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
After seeing the outcome do you now question the Texans grit and inspired defensive play?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Houston was a much better team than their overall record indicated.

They hung tough for a while, and then NE eventually rolled over them.

NE remains, as they have been for such a long time, a very-very good football team and a legit SB contender.

Our Hawks are no longer among those elite teams.

With a bit of re-tooling and some luck on the injury scale, we could be.

Bring on the off-season drama and let's see how it all shakes out.

GO HAWKS!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Texans defense played an inspired game, they are built in the mold of the hawks superbowl teams just lacking a qb who can get them over the hump. Osweiller held that team back but Miller is good, Hopkins a legit stud. The d is ferocious, the dl swarm, the corners physical and talented and the play calling plays to those strengths. It'd be nice to see a return to that form.

chevelle03

Reaction score
If the Hawks performed like Houston did last night we'd be just as pissed off as we are now. Both the Hawks and the Texans are good but not great defenses that just got steam rolled by great offenses.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
They allowed 34 points last night and overall had way fewer sacks and gave up more points this season. So you want the Hawks D to regress?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2ybhaevk said:
They allowed 34 points last night and overall had way fewer sacks and gave up more points this season. So you want the Hawks D to regress?

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? they had more hurries than we did on the year which don't show up on the stat count but are relevant. They didn't . That d is legit and coming into its own. their dvoa is just behind ours and they are on the upswing while we are on the downswing. They were also missing their top pass rusher who is among the top if not the top defensive force when hes playing. They also played the pats who will put up points on anybody, no matter how good. They ran into the same problem we did, their offense keeps them on the field too much but they were in Bradys grill all night and made his night a living hell. If the hawks lost yesterday playing that style of defense I'd be a lot happier today. By next season that defense will overtake ours if changes aren't made.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
More hurries......ok

Seems like you really like the Texans.... a team that had a worse record and a lesser D but hey they are on an "upswing"
I will take the Hawks D all day every day

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2g0w3t3n said:
More hurries......ok

Seems like you really like the Texans.... a team that had a worse record and a lesser D but hey they are on an "upswing"
I will take the Hawks D all day every day

can't talk football if you don't understand it. How can you not understand the value of a hurry. Sacks are nice but only tell part of the story, when did the sacks come, vs who, how much consistent pressure were qbs under and on and on. These things matter. I'm not saying I don't take the hawks defense but they are not playing up to potential where houston is squeezing what they can out of what they got. They still balled out without their top defensive player, ours went down and our defense became a shell of its former self... If we got the same effort out of our talent that they are, we'd be dominant again. That is what I want to see and that's what we should all be wanting.

Chapow

Reaction score
Meh. At the end of the day, that inspired D with all that grit gave up 34 points to a top 5 offense. Our emotionless D gave up 36 points to the best offense.

You may have liked the way they played or whatever and may have not liked the they way we played or whatever, but at the end of the day, the results were about the same.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chevelle03":20fw4i3l said:
If the Hawks performed like Houston did last night we'd be just as pissed off as we are now. Both the Hawks and the Texans are good but not great defenses that just got steam rolled by great offenses.

Good point.

Our D was just a bit above average this season.

Our O was a bit below average.

That does not make for a promising playoff run, and the Falcons exposed that by kicking our ass.

Bring on the off-season controlled chaos and hopefully, a stronger team on both sides of the ball next season.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
What exactly is it that exhibits your immense knowledge of the game, the fact you watched the game last night or that you read that their D was "just behind" the Hawks D in dvoa. I guess if I just agreed with you that more hurries proves their D is better than the Hawks you wouldnt question a total strangers understanding of football.

I'm down with the Seahawks, if you want to tout some other teams greatness I'm sure you could find a forum that will agree with you.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":588o5bby said:
What exactly is it that exhibits your immense knowledge of the game, the fact you watched the game last night or that you read that their D was "just behind" the Hawks D in dvoa. I guess if I just agreed with you that more hurries proves their D is better than the Hawks you wouldnt question a total strangers understanding of football.

I'm down with the Seahawks, if you want to tout some other teams greatness I'm sure you could find a forum that will agree with you.

Orlando franklin football headshot photo