Russell needs to lose weight for next year

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure if he bulked up to get ready for the beating he would take this year but even before the injuries he really lost quite a bit of speed and escapability this year. Look for him to trim down and work of the "baby fat". Sorry Mrs Wilson, no pun intended.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Before the injuries?? He was injured week 1. I thought he looked close to his old self finally today.

crosfam

Reaction score
5 straight divisional playoffs, two Super bowls... he can have as many steaks as he wants...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":4g41kl3f said:
Before the injuries?? He was injured week 1. I thought he looked close to his old self finally today.

Straight line speed is close to before, but side to side, not so much.

And he still throws up some turkey balls far too often. That pec injury still bothering him? Wouldn't be at all surprise to hear he's going in for some kind of surgery soon that he has been putting off/fighting through this season.

The guy is a warrior, no doubt.

Just wish he'd carry himself with some attitude and make demands regarding the kind of personnel he would like around him out there. Don't be a dick about it, but act like the franchise QB that he is.

The nice guy thing isn't working once he no longer had Lynch to hand the ball to for half the plays he was out there.

mrt144

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3130r4mt said:
EverydayImRusselin":3130r4mt said:

And he still throws up some turkey balls far too often. That pec injury still bothering him? Wouldn't be at all surprise to hear he's going in for some kind of surgery soon that he has been putting off/fighting through this season.

Just wish he'd carry himself with some attitude and make demands regarding the kind of personnel he would like around him out there. Don't be a dick about it, but act like the franchise QB that he is.

The nice guy thing isn't working once he no longer had Lynch to hand the ball to for half the plays he was out there.

It's the legs on some of those throws.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrt144":r0lxhbfz said:
semiahmoo":r0lxhbfz said:
EverydayImRusselin":r0lxhbfz said:

Meaning injury or fatigue from carrying too much weight?

He was tired out there during the 2nd half. Never seen him like that before even when he was doing more running/scrambling.

mrt144

Reaction score
semiahmoo":c98bfcmz said:
mrt144":c98bfcmz said:
semiahmoo":c98bfcmz said:
EverydayImRusselin":c98bfcmz said:

He was tired out there during the 2nd half. Never seen him like that before even when he was doing more running/scrambling.

Meaning he's not following through on throws with his entire body. Because he injured two different key places for physical leverage on different legs.

semiahmoo

Reaction score

He was tired out there during the 2nd half. Never seen him like that before even when he was doing more running/scrambling.[/quote]

Meaning he's not following through on throws with his entire body. Because he injured two different key places for physical leverage on different legs.[/quote]

OK - got it. Some have suggested he was likely injured because of how much easier he was being caught due to his having gained so much weight. He did seem much slower in Training Camp. Bigger, yes. And def. slower.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Comments on how RW should train are about the silliest things on the Intertubes. It's a sign of arrogance to think some random person knows better than RW how to train. The dude is rediculously meticulous in everything he does.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No doubt RW needs to lose weight and get whatever needs fixing fixed..

chris98251

Reaction score
Honeymoon is over in two venues, at home and on the field, he is going on 29 now, his metabolism is slowing down he is going to have to work to keep himself in top condition harder every year going forward. He may have added weight but it may have not been the right weight, the way Collins redistributed his may be more what Russell needs to do.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I was watching the game with my wife when in the 4th quarter she asked "Why doesn't Wilson cut his hair? He's so handsome when he does. Is he trying to look like Froddo Baggins?" I had no energy left to defend him so I simply said, "Yes, yes he is".

Jerhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":3m9zbnf9 said:
Comments on how RW should train are about the silliest things on the Intertubes. It's a sign of arrogance to think some random person knows better than RW how to train. The dude is rediculously meticulous in everything he does.

:ditto: And the fact that people confuse fat with muscle mass is mind boggling

Rat

Reaction score
lobohawk":1yxlyqh2 said:

It's not arrogance; we have the gift of hindsight, Russell from last offseason doesn't.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I am not going to presume to know anyone near as much as the coaches and training staff. I am also not going to make up BS like I have some special behind the scenes access to the Seahawks organization. Ridiculous

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1t8feqj4 said:
I was watching the game with my wife when in the 4th quarter she asked "Why doesn't Wilson cut his hair? He's so handsome when he does. Is he trying to look like Froddo Baggins?" I had no energy left to defend him so I simply said, "Yes, yes he is".

LOL.

Somehow, that post reached a level of awesome I did not expect.

Don't forget, Sam played college ball...

2014 10 17 Rudy2

sondevil89

Reaction score
It seems curious that he trained off-season purposely to help prevent injury and then that is exactly what happened. I am not saying he got injured because of that, but if you look around at the league's best QB's (Ryan, Rogers, Brady, etc.) none of them bulk up. It's difficult to know for sure how it contributed but I think he might re-evaluate his training this year in favor of longer, rather than bulkier, muscle mass.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This was Wilsons first full celebrity offseason. He was not the same super focused player he was his first 3 years in the league. I think if he gets back to his out work everybody mantra I think he will be good to go.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yep. He should be skinnier more fragile like Bridgewater.
Forget the offseason training since it adds to weight gain. Don't need the added bulk to cushion blows. :sarcasm_off: