That first Drive ........

pmedic920

Reaction score
For a TD.

I JUST KNEW, I knew that we would kick some ass with our "offense" playing like that.

I truly don't remember a better first drive all season.

What Happened after that?
Had I fallen asleep and was dreaming?

What's your take?

Crizilla

Reaction score
At the end of the first drive when Graham scored the touch down bevell said to himself "sweet we finally got Jimmy involved that should shut up the fans!" Then pretended like Graham didn't exist again.

This game was the final straw for me. Any Seahawk fan who wants Bevell around still is delusional

WmHBonney

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":bllb12e6 said:
They stopped running. 2nd drive had 1 run and it was russ scrambling.

Yep. Bevell abandoned the run waaayyyyyy too early. But hey, it was working so they'll expect it, right? :pukeface:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Atlanta adjusted, stuffed the run. Bevell pissed himself and got dumb - AGAIN.

Game over.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Very few games (if any) I can recall Bevell clearly out-coaching the opposition.

He many very well be the single worst OC in-game adjuster to his play-calling on the sideline today.

Somebody PLEASE offer him a head coaching gig!!!!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":10g5muf3 said:
Very few games (if any) I can recall Bevell clearly out-coaching the opposition.

He many very well be the single worst OC in-game adjuster to his play-calling on the sideline today.

Agreed, he's never out coached any DC. He asks his players to be larger than life (Favre, Lynch) or perform miracles (Favre, Wilson). And even when you give him a force like Graham, he has no idea how to utilize him.

His game plans are rudimentary and stubborn. How he's still employed at this level is baffling.

mrt144

Reaction score
There was an AZ game where we used our TEs to go bonkers on their old ass LBs. That was a game where they set up what they wanted to do and go to it. The unfortunate feeling is that Bevell seemingly stumbles upon these things from time to time, not even half the time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1yipdqay said:

Mr. Bevel has been "out coached" in at least half of our games. He clearly lacks the ability to make the proper adjustments which will allow our players to perform at their best.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2csyff90 said:

XLVIII was a great play called game but him, probably his last great game.

Am hoping the Niners are dumb enough to hire him. Niner fans would be ecstatic they would be "stealing" him from us.

RussB

Reaction score
That was a flawless drive i have to admit. Gameplan was executed perfectly and they burned alot of clock off. I thought they would do it all game. Then of course we all saw what came next.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
As Atl makes adjustments, we have to make aggressive adjustments to keep them on their heels. It also helps when you have a line that can block.

See Atlanta's Offense, aggressive, well schemed, and well executed. The Hawks should be able to do that with the talent they have, but when you can't get 3 or 4 seconds of pass protection to deliver, as you can see, it doesn't matter!

This O needs to run the ball, and like tonight, the first drive was great, then what happens with the run, can't block it, can't scheme for it, can't execute it, then abandoned.......FRUSTRATING!

mrt144

Reaction score
RussB":cvid7z1s said:
That was a flawless drive i have to admit. Gameplan was executed perfectly and they burned alot of clock off. I thought they would do it all game. Then of course we all saw what came next.

RW tripping over his own lineman for a safety is a perfect encapsulation of what our offensive execution was throughout the season. Yes, we could put it together and look flawless once a game, in some games, but there was garbage like that through out. And yes, there's no way to game plan around your own dude tripping you but that we saw that kind of failure twice in one season is a sad testament to how our OL is a net detriment to the team.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3inl7ytd said:
EverydayImRusselin":3inl7ytd said:
They stopped running. 2nd drive had 1 run and it was russ scrambling.

Yep. Bevell abandoned the run waaayyyyyy too early. But hey, it was working so they'll expect it, right? :pukeface:

Not only was it abandoned I don't think TR got a touch the 2nd quarter. I was waiting for them to say he was hurt. He only got 11 carries the entire game. First half he was averaging 5 yards a carry (so 1st quarter).

Scorpion05

Reaction score
What happened after that was that the defense failed to stop Atlanta.

Then...we failed to score a TD in the redzone. High throw by Russell, but it happens to the best of Qbs at times. Plus one of our O-line guys got injured

Then...we get the ball back. We have the opportunity to score another TD after an 80 yard return. That fails. What pissed me off about that is that hold had little to do with the actual return.

Then, because that play is negated, it results in a safety. Which resulted in ATL getting the ball back and scoring. Then they got the ball again to start the 3rd quarter. So really, our defense was on the field for 2 or 3 straight sequences. No bueno

mrt144

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1n4xe3el said:
What happened after that was that the defense failed to stop Atlanta.

Then...we failed to score a TD in the redzone. High throw by Russell, but it happens to the best of Qbs at times. Plus one of our O-line guys got injured

Then...we get the ball back. We have the opportunity to score another TD after an 80 yard return. That fails. What pissed me off about that is that hold had little to do with the actual return.

Then, because that play is negated, it results in a safety. Which resulted in ATL getting the ball back and scoring. Then they got the ball again to start the 3rd quarter. So really, our defense was on the field for 2 or 3 straight sequences. No bueno

I think the defensive unit's patience and fortitude is spent. Speculation but if we fans can react in fatalistic "here we go again" ways it's not unreasonable to think players do too, even if they're getting paid to suppress that.

erik2690

Reaction score
mrt144":1gvtei8c said:
RussB":1gvtei8c said:

RW tripping over his own lineman for a safety is a perfect encapsulation of what our offensive execution was throughout the season. Yes, we could put it together and look flawless once a game, in some games, but there was garbage like that through out. And yes, there's no way to game plan around your own dude tripping you but that we saw that kind of failure twice in one season is a sad testament to how our OL is a net detriment to the team.

This is a bit semantic but am I the only one who finds there to be a big gap between "RW tripping over" and "The lineman stepping on"? Like RW literally didn't get to move his foot before there was a foot stepping on top of it. Again semantic, but if someone didn't see the play and saw "RW tripping over" I can't imagine it would paint the picture of what happened.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
mrt144":2ruqn51c said:
RussB":2ruqn51c said:

It's my opinion that RW didn't trip over the lineman.

He had his foot stepped on by said lineman.

I see a huge difference in the two, even if the result was ultimately the same.

YMMV