Rawls and an interesting stat

zchurch74

Reaction score
Rawls had 50+ yards on the first drive and then he had 5 yards on 5 carries. I understand we were playing from behind but that is not acceptable. this is not one coordinators fault. This is an entire offensive coaching fault. we are not using all of our weapons. Rawls and Jimmy need to be utilized in order for us to be successful

Seafan

Reaction score
When the running game is going well Bevell does a fair job. He can't coach when the running game doesn't do well.

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
But it was going good, its like when its going well they completly change it up instead of sticking with what works.

I feel they are out smarting themselves.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We changed our running plays. We kept going spread, when the I-formation and heavy sets were working. We also shifted from running towards Britt, and going towards the outside. I.E we started doing things that didn't and haven't worked for us the whole season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3myph668 said:
We changed our running plays. We kept going spread, when the I-formation and heavy sets were working. We also shifted from running towards Britt, and going towards the outside. I.E we started doing things that didn't and haven't worked for us the whole season.

Yup. 100%.

Rawls was getting forward progress every run and we ended up with some awful bubble screens and outside runs. Power run from I-formation showed promise, left it. Bevell.

Hawks46

Reaction score
mistaowen":17ea1g45 said:
Spin Doctor":17ea1g45 said:

Yup. 100%.

Rawls was getting forward progress every run and we ended up with some awful bubble screens and outside runs. Power run from I-formation showed promise, left it. Bevell.

We were running fine until the OL decided to whiff on another block and Rawls lost 3 yards. Then Odhiambo stepped on Russ's foot and we got that safety. Then Atlanta drove down and scored again, and Bevell just pulled the rip cord on the game plan and things went all to hell.

Bevell isn't horrible, but he doesn't maximizie his personnel very well, seems to be bad at in game adjustments, and is pretty bad in situational play calling.

modernman

Reaction score
Seafan":453ou1vi said:
When the running game is going well Bevell does a fair job. He can't coach when the running game doesn't do well.

He can't coach

^ this is a good starting point to talk about Bevell.....Coaching involves evolution with the game, of which Bevell has shown his not good at, making decisions is also a factor of coaching another thing Bevell fails to do in a timing manner.....this added up to a terrible position for him as an OC.....Now it could make him a great QB coach or line coach IDK....But he's way over his head currently.

If Pete and John, won't or are unwilling to make a change this offseason, what we have seen is what where are going to continue to get.

mrblitz

Reaction score
It could be that they went away from those early inside runs, because Ifedi went out. It looked like Rawls had at least 2 gashing 9-10 yarders in the gap between center and RG, with Ifedi on the opening drive. Then on the 2nd possession, a Falcon 'accidentally' rolled up on Ifedi's rear calve. It seemed like the run game started to go sideways after that.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
It wasn't even plays. I understand giving RBs a blow but TR had 6 carries in the 1st quarter then he was gone, disappeared. He received two more carries the rest of the half then 3 the rest of the game. Totaled 11 carries when he averaged 5 ypc his first 6 carries. What happened?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
mrblitz":3ptt4zvu said:
It could be that they went away from those early inside runs, because Ifedi went out. It looked like Rawls had at least 2 gashing 9-10 yarders in the gap between center and RG, with Ifedi on the opening drive. Then on the 2nd possession, a Falcon 'accidentally' rolled up on Ifedi's rear calve. It seemed like the run game started to go sideways after that.

That's all true, but the first few plays after Ifedi went out, we ran directly behind his replacement, Odhiambo, and quite successfully for several good gains and at least one or two first downs. The announcers specifically noted we did this to probably raise his confidence in the run game, and it worked. It wasn't until after that the running game went pear-shaped. And Ifedi came in to finish the game after being out a while.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Rees wasn't the problem, the shift in play calling caused the downfall.