Falcons Fan here

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
Not here to troll you guys. Just wanted to say good game yesterday and to keep your heads up. You've had a consistently great team for 5 years and your team will be fine. I live in Portland, OR so I'd say about 50% of football fans I meet are Hawks fans. I can always talk good football with them (at least most of them lol) and they have been really chill through BOTH games this season. I was at the Seattle game in week 6 and the fans were awesome. Even after the win, they were classy and had nothing to say except "great game and we'll see you in January." Last night, at the bar a Hawks fan and his wife walked up to my table just to congratulate my team and shake my hand. Great stuff. We will see you guys again next year for sure! Maybe next time your team will have everyone healthy. This could be a new rivalry in the making with Carroll and Quinn and Sherm and Julio. Cheers and have a good offseason Hawks fans.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jd dirtybird21":25l0u25m said:
Not here to troll you guys. Just wanted to say good game yesterday and to keep your heads up. You've had a consistently great team for 5 years and your team will be fine. I live in Portland, OR so I'd say about 50% of football fans I meet are Hawks fans. I can always talk good football with them (at least most of them lol) and they have been really chill through BOTH games this season. I was at the Seattle game in week 6 and the fans were awesome. Even after the win, they were classy and had nothing to say except "great game and we'll see you in January." Last night, at the bar a Hawks fan and his wife walked up to my table just to congratulate my team and shake my hand. Great stuff. We will see you guys again next year for sure! Maybe next time your team will have everyone healthy. This could be a new rivalry in the making with Carroll and Quinn and Sherm and Julio. Cheers and have a good offseason Hawks fans.

The better team won. Falcons are legit.

Hope to kick your ass next time, though.

OP
OP
J

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2voe1jfg said:
Jd dirtybird21":2voe1jfg said:

We'll be waiting!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jd dirtybird21":2aa9zrxa said:
semiahmoo":2aa9zrxa said:
Jd dirtybird21":2aa9zrxa said:

We'll be waiting!

Matt Ryan is a great leader of that team by the way. Much respect for what he has done this season. Guy carved up our D like a world-class surgeon. Had a serous Tom Brady vibe to him both on the field, and how he acts as a general on the sidelines.

Seattle is lacking that kind of leadership right now. Hoping we get it soon before the Pete era goes the way of a setting sun.

Good luck next week.

OP
OP
J

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3u3nbs5d said:
Jd dirtybird21":3u3nbs5d said:
semiahmoo":3u3nbs5d said:
Jd dirtybird21":3u3nbs5d said:

We'll be waiting!

Matt Ryan is a great leader of that team by the way. Much respect for what he has done this season. Guy carved up our D like a world-class surgeon. Had a serous Tom Brady vibe to him both on the field, and how he acts as a general on the sidelines.

Seattle is lacking that kind of leadership right now. Hoping we get it soon before the Pete era goes the way of a setting sun.

Good luck next week.

Russell Wilson is going to have to reach that next milestone to leadership. Like Ryan, he had success from the moment he stepped on the field. But he also had a stud back in Beast Mode, just like Ryan had in Turner. Wilson needs to make this team HIS team and start carving up defenses. I think your team will still be fine because you have Carroll. But I think the Seahawks were missing an offensive identity this year. Wilson has gotta do even more now.

OP
OP
J

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
RussB":19xwcmck said:
Appreciate it. You guys deserved the win and quinn is a great coach.

Quinn is the man for sure. It's amazing that Bradley became a HC first and was ultimately in charge of that defense first. I love Quinn's energy and leadership.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for the props and good luck in the next challenge. A fan of another team said that you all may be the NFC team for the Owl. I think he may be right. You guys have both sides of the ball covered.

semiahmoo

Reaction score

Good luck next week.[/quote]

Russell Wilson is going to have to reach that next milestone to leadership. Like Ryan, he had success from the moment he stepped on the field. But he also had a stud back in Beast Mode, just like Ryan had in Turner. Wilson needs to make this team HIS team and start carving up defenses. I think your team will still be fine because you have Carroll. But I think the Seahawks were missing an offensive identity this year. Wilson has gotta do even more now.[/quote]

Great post.

Ryan carved us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

RW has never attained that kind of snap/timing/throw, and teams have adjusted to his sandlot style which really doesn't work consistently in this league over the long haul.

Oh, and Bevell sucks.

OP
OP
J

Jd dirtybird21

Reaction score
semiahmoo":arz2czhk said:

Good luck next week.

Russell Wilson is going to have to reach that next milestone to leadership. Like Ryan, he had success from the moment he stepped on the field. But he also had a stud back in Beast Mode, just like Ryan had in Turner. Wilson needs to make this team HIS team and start carving up defenses. I think your team will still be fine because you have Carroll. But I think the Seahawks were missing an offensive identity this year. Wilson has gotta do even more now.[/quote]

Great post.

Ryan carved us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

RW has never attained that kind of snap/timing/throw, and teams have adjusted to his sandlot style which really doesn't work consistently in this league over the long haul.

Oh, and Bevell sucks.[/quote]

I think Wilson hasn't really NEEDED to do that though. He's a hell of a playmaker and he has absolutely showed signs of being "that guy." Example is the NFCCG against Green Bay. He put the offense on his shoulders late in that game. But his job also hasn't really been all that difficult throughout his career. Defenses would make Lynch the top priority, not Wilson. And, the identity of the Hawks has clearly always been to play physical ball, control the tempo with Lynch, and let the D dominate. But Wilson is good enough and has been around long enough to where he needs more responsibility. He needs more on him. Rawls is solid, but he's no superstar back. Wilson needs to be "the guy." He has the "it" factor for sure.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Russ still holds onto the ball too long every now and then, but I do think he has the smarts and ability to be that kind of guy. Unfortunately he ended up playing through three injuries this year and that—combined with generally bad play by the line—hurt his ability to reach his full potential.

The D also has regressed. Some of that is injury. Some is age/general wear and tear. We also have lost some key rotational folks the last few years due to salary cap, etc.

I think we are due for a mini-rebuild to get and train up the next round of young talent.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Thanks for the classy words. The Falcons were the better team and they earned the win. Enjoy your run, you have a special team this year.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Win was well deserved
I hope u beat Pack next week.
Gonna be a hell of a game
Quinn has done a fine job, and I hope u benefit from his expertise just like we did

byau

Reaction score
Thanks for the post

That was a pounding. We seemed to be in it for the first quarter, but that penalty and callback and safety seemed to be the line of demarcation. Falcons smelled blood. Seahawks couldn't recover. Not what I expected. Especially on our team with our talent level and showing the resilience we have had, you guys did something basically no other team has done to us in the postseason which is put the foot to our throat and keep it there and keep our team of resilient guys from recovering.

Basically (apologies Texans fans) what people thought New England vs Houston was going to be, that was our game (and in fact the final point differential if I'm not mistaken was the same or close to it, could have been more considering you guys did your kneel down at our goal line). You put it to us and didn't let up. And I think the Seahawks are much better than the Texans talent wise, which is just more proof to me how legitimately elite you guys played Saturday.

Good luck the rest of the way. Good group of guys you have, love Quinn. Don't like Aaron Rodgers. Go Falcons!