mrt144:Tom Cable::George Fant:League Average LT

mrt144

Reaction score
I played slot receiver and Strong Safety in high school – I can learn on the job. Just like George Fant!

I’m pretty successful in my career doing troubleshooting, problem solving, and educating coworkers on work SOPs and software systems. I might have a greater intellectual sparq than Cable. Won’t find out if you don’t give me a shot. Just like George Fant!

I will work for 1/10th of what Cable does so they can spend all that money on a defensive coordinator who has all the answers. Just like George Fant!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe luck strikes the Seahawks and the 49ers take Cable off their hands. While he doesn't bear all the burden of the OL woes, he's managed to convince PC/JS that he can coach up players. Who has he coached up? Sweezy and Britt? I think it's more of Britt finding his niche rather than being coached up. As for Sweezy, he took a project to barely average player. Good for the player but really not for the team. Okung was a top 10 pick, Carp was a 1st rounder, and Moffitt quit football. Bowie lasted one year and was gone. Bailey regressed under Cable's watch. Out of the 18 games played this year, I can count only handful of games where the line was performing at a NFL level. That was usually against teams with weaker defenses. We know see that Lynch and RW had more impact on making the OL look good in prior years than the other way around. I will continue to be a critic of Cable when I see his weaknesses (as long as he's still on the Seahawks) but I will also give credit when it's due. I did that last week as the OL did play well and Rawls was able to gash the Lions for 161 yards. But in long run I think Cable is not the answer here. They need to upgrade his position in the offseason.