Congrats on a great Season (Falcons fan)

DB07

Reaction score
I made a post during the week but their were entirely too many Falcons trolls around so I decided not to continue posting so I didn't get into the cross hairs lol. However I did continue reading and wanted to say you have some very intellectual fans and I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on a great season and give a few thoughts of mine on the game. (Hope that is okay? If I must die, please be gentle and make it quick!)

Not gonna lie the first drive you guys eating up 8 minutes and walking down for a TD had me like :34853_doh: but luckily for my sanity we rebounded and played pretty good defense the rest of the game (outside of the late TD where Alford was gassed after chasing down Hester 70 yards and then being asked to man up on a WR on a fly pattern). I was extremely happy with how much pressure we were able to put on Wilson as the game progressed. (You guys need to bite the bullet and sign you guys an elite O-lIne talent like we did with Mack. It completely changed our O-Line)

Gotta say I was SHOCKED you guys were willing to run out that last minute of the 1st half with 3 timeouts in your pocket and just go into the half down 9 knowing we got the ball to start the 2nd and our offense being in rhythm. Is that normal for you guys to play that conservative near halftime or was that shocking to you guys as well?

I think the game completely changed on the Hester punt return that got called back on a very ticky tack call. Maybe it affected the play maybe it didn't. If you guys get that ball inside our 10 already up 3 who knows how the rest of the game plays out. For the most part the refs let the players play as DBs on both sides were doing quite a bit of holding on WRs.Think the only one they called was the one where Sherman gave Julio a hug for 10 yards. Same goes for the O-Lines. Can't say I didn't throw my remote like a child when they called the penalty on the 4th down punt for being lined up over the neutral zone. Was no doubt a penalty but man was that stupid (On our part).

Another thing that surprised me was how quickly yall abandoned everything that worked on the first drive. 1) the run game with Rawls 2) Getting Falcon Killer Jimmy Graham the ball. Both guys basically disappeared for the last 52 minutes of the game. Not sure if that was simply a good job of us adjusting, You guys abandoning it due to us constantly scoring or a combination of both but it clearly changed how the game played out.

Lastly. Paul Richardson is a problem. Randy Moss Jr out here that boy is gonna be lighting it up next season.

Anyway I don't want to make this post too long. Again, Congratulations on a great season and I know yall will be back next season once Earl is back and the legion of boom is back intact. :irishdrinkers:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Y'all got an amazing coach in Dan Quinn. He's the best adjuster in the game. He's heavily revered around here. Seattle faltered in most facets of the game and Atlanta was very solid. I'm pulling for either you guys or the Chiefs from here on.

Thanks for the classy post. Cheers and good luck.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
One of the best posts I've seen from a fan of any team. Thank you, and best of luck to your team. Although, if Dak wins today I kind of like the idea of a rookie winning it all. No offense

Either way, fantastic season. You have a great coach, we definitely miss him. And I completely agree with you on the punt return call. The game would definitely be interesting if not for that

Lastly, conservatism is in Pete's nature. I think the O-line injury and the safety also spooked Pete. We're used to adjusting and coming out in the 2nd half firing on all cylinders but that didn't happen this time

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Better team won.
Defense. Offense. Special teams. Coaching.

Falcons were the better team.

See you next year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Excellent and painful post. You are seeing the same things we do. Abandoning what works is a Bevell/ Carroll trademark by now.

I could understand not going for it at the end of the first, if we had the second half kickoff in our pocket. Given that y'all had deferred, I just don't understand it.

Good luck in the NFCCG and (hopefully) the SB

northseahawk

Reaction score
I will be rooting for u guys. U have an awesome team down there. I so wish we still had Dan Quin still. Our game would have been different if we had Quin still.
I have a feelin it's ur year n I hope it's u guys rather than the other shit left

Josea16

Reaction score
Since Pittsburgh won Atlanta is my only hope that the world isn't screwed. Otherwise I am just waiting to see how the NFL will attempt to spin the steerage between Green Bay and New England or Pittsburgh. Totally a win-win for the typical fan but a disaster for the NFL. Perfect.

retro74

Reaction score
I thought Atlanta were well deserving winners. Played as well as I expected with the ball but really stepped up without it too

We couldn't get any meaningful pressure on Ryan and that was only going to end badly. Wilson seemed to be under pressure on almost every snap, from his own linemen sometimes!

Should be a great game vs the Packers, I'm still going to watch it as the season doesn't end when the Hawks season ends for me

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3cslg9vc said:
Y'all got an amazing coach in Dan Quinn. He's the best adjuster in the game. He's heavily revered around here. Seattle faltered in most facets of the game and Atlanta was very solid. I'm pulling for either you guys or the Chiefs from here on.

Not to detract from the OP but this is such a great point. Been thinking about Quinn heavily since the Atlanta game. In 2013 and 2014 I always thought it was a group effort of the coaches that made the successful half time adjustments. Now I am starting to believe Quinn's defensive changes solely saved us in a lot of close games. The lack of flexibility in game planning between halftimes has been blatantly obvious, more so this year than last but still putrid.

Hated Quinn leaving but thought we could still be a champion without him, now, maybe not so much. IMO, great coaching has really won the day this year. Look at the 4 teams left in the playoffs. Excellent assistants and Head coaches on each of the teams left and it really shows.

kirkhawks

Reaction score
Many reasons to pull for the Falcons from here on out...Dan Quinn (thanks for not running up the score), Desmond Trufant (former Husky, though I believe he's still injured), Jordan Babineaux's brother plays for the Hawks and just the fact that Atlanta has never won a Super Bowl. It would be nice to see somebody new in there. All this aside from the fact that I can't stand the other remaining teams. Hey, also throw in the fact that falcons and seahawks are related birds of prey, haha.

classicaaron

Reaction score
great post, I agree with everything said as I saw everything the same way. better team clearly won.

I hope the falcons win it all now. im an FSU fan so will route for Freeman, I may even wear my falcons Dunn jersey if they make the superbowl. should be a heck of a shoot out with the Packers.

byau

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, you guys definitely won that game.

It's easy for a fan base to point to their own team's talent or faults as the reason for a won or loss. And it'd be easy to do here with our Seahawks saying the injuries, complaints about playcalling, etc are why we lost vs why you guys won.

But you guys for sure won. Realistically the Seahawks, even with injuries, have such amazing talent and I would say good playcalling (heck our first drive was amazing), for another team to put their foot on our throat AND keep it there (remember we are a resilient team also) just goes to show how legitimately epic you guys played. After all, for the last 6 years one of the badges the Seahawks wore was never losing a game by more than 10 points. The Packers did it to us this season and now you guys with the 16 point win (could have been 23 considering your victory formation was at our goal line). Not coincidence I think that those two teams are meeting up next week for the NFC championship.

Wasn't the game I expected, your team deserves the accolades your'e getting

Good luck Sunday. Falcons have a lot of good guys on the team. I love your coach. I don't like Aaron Rodgers much. Hope you guys win!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":33o0hgk3 said:

He's the best at adjustments. Every Falcons game this year that involved a 2nd matchup with an opponent turned out better than the first.

TB, CAR, NO, SEA.

Now we have a 2nd matchup with Green Bay.

So glad we waited to hire this guy.

Will see you guys next season when Atlanta makes the trip out here.

@Rob12
@Hasslebeck
and @ the rest of the classy .net posters... you guys rock.

Take it easy .net and good luck next season.

byau

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":ew25nauo said:
Will see you guys next season when Atlanta makes the trip out here.

That in itself was a really clear sign that the organization was ready to take it to the next step. I don't get why some organizations are not willing to wait for a coach on a quality team. It's a bit of a risk, but I'm guessing a better potential upside then flocking to the coaching pool everyone else is flocking too all at the same time from teams that aren't making it that far.

Good job by your organization

@Rob12
@Hasslebeck
and @ the rest of the classy .net posters... you guys rock.

Take it easy .net and good luck next season.

Good luck the rest of the way

chris98251

Reaction score
Atlanta kicked our tails credit Quinn for using his experience here to dissect and fillet us on all facets of the game, but the details are all over the main forum.

You all did what you needed to do and did it well, go kick Erin's Petty Coat.

Blindside

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Atlanta Falcons for reaching the Superbowl! I wish Atlanta the best of luck on Superbowl Sunday and win your first Superbowl this year!

If the Seahawks are going to lose in the playoffs, its better to lose to the eventual Superbowl Winner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that most will be pulling for your Falcons. Congrats. They are a machine, and Quinn has them playing damn good ball at the right time.