#49ers interview #Seahawks OL coach Tom Cable

A

Anonymous

This would greatly improve our team if it happens. Please make it so.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
From what I've seen online, 49ers fans and writers seem utterly confused what their team is doing here. Hiring a positional coach who's positional group is near worst in the league and who's previous head coaching stint is best remembered for allegedly assaulting one of his assistants doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

So given 49ers decision making of the past two years, I assume this all means we'll have a new offensive line coach.

Rat

Reaction score
We lose Cable while the Niners get him? That's the definition of a win-win.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Rat":39gl464q said:

So true! Take him and his convoluted, unnecessarily complicated ZBS too.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
It is a pipe dream that someone hires either bevell or cable. The only way we are getting rid of them is to let them go, which most likely wont happen. We will end up with the same product we have had the last 2 years. Win division and make playoffs because of the talent level on the team, lose in the playoffs when we get exposed. That is the new modus operandi.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Rat":sotfh0gi said:

That would also mean they didn't get Kyle Shanahan win-win-win

OASN - Cable might be the only person that would actually take that job.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
LolaRox":2xnjhu0t said:
Rat":2xnjhu0t said:

That would also mean they didn't get Kyle Shanahan win-win-win

OASN - Cable might be the only person that would actually take that job.
That's an interesting point, someone like Shanahan might want to seriously consider holding off until next offseason instead of jumping at the first offer (most coaching vacancies are for teams that disappointing, but the 49ers might be especially unattractive given their management/ownership seems to be in complete disarray).

nwHawk

Reaction score
Or, Shanahan gets the HC job and Cable take the OC job. One way or the other, I think he's gone.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":n53pvoo3 said:
johnnyfever":n53pvoo3 said:
It is a pipe dream that someone hires either bevell or cable. .

You would think so, but on the other hand, Jed York is genuinely stupid.

Question is-Is he stupid enough?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I think you're all being a little hard on Cable, he did a pretty good job this year with what he had to work with. We had a
rookies at the gate, that wasn't Toms fault or doing, that decision was compliments of Russell Wilson and his $32 million contract. Those dollars had to come from somewhere,and they came in the form of the offense line, loaded up with rookies, and Tom turned that challenging situation around and pulled them all together and into a pretty cohesive unit by seasons end. We have a lot more problems than Tom Cable as our offensive coach.

In my humble opinion the biggest problem we have right now is Russell Wilson, not the coach, not the offensive line, not our receiver group, not our running game, and not special teams. Who are we going to get for an offense coach if we lose Tom Cable?