Seahawks have +$35 million in cap space for the 2017 season

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Let's clear some more and start signing some fresh guys. See if we can't find a Sidney Rice or Zach Miller or Chris Clemons out there. Churn time!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
With no Scot McCloughan, it probably won't matter. It is becoming increasingly clear that he really was responsible for choosing the ingredients of our championship team.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Time for some churning. Depth is a glaring issue, starters need competition too. I hope there are a lot of bodies in training camp on the o-line and in the secondary.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1t5ghnmk said:
With no Scot McCloughan, it probably won't matter. It is becoming increasingly clear that he really was responsible for choosing the ingredients of our championship team.

It certainly does seem that you are correct in this. My question is, why wouldn't the current staff have the ability to replicate his formula?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bigskydoc":enisswjd said:

I have to agree that he was a very key component to helping craft our championship roster. The guy sure knows how to build a team. The 49ers came to the same realization a couple years after he left them too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27t0etmw said:
Calais Campbell.

/thread

If he somehow gets away from Arizona's franchise tag, would be all for it.

Campbell, Clark, Avril, Bennett, Reed would borderline on unfair.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree that C.Campbell would go a long way towards fixing our Dline issues. He's a monster. He's already 30, so probably not the ideal long term candidate which he'll be looking for in UFA.

Anything outside of him signing with AZ or SF would be a huge plus though even if we don't re-sign him.

At 27, Kawann Short would probably be a better long term option, but if Campell is willing to take 2-3 year deal then I would jump all over that.

Lang and Zeitler at OG will be hitting the market as well. We are 1/5 of the way to a solid Oline. 2/5 if Ifedi can progress. We have got to figure out a way to find a LT in a market where there are no legit LTs.

It's dangerous picking one of the 2nd tier LTs in the 1st round as they often don't amount to anything.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Early cap room projections are always way over inflated. I see the Seahawks going into free agency with less than $25M ... enough to fill a few holes and re-sign some guys but I would be shocked if they made any major splash for an outside player.

seabowl

Reaction score
All the teams I pulled up on this least have around 35 mil cap space. No advantage here