All is not lost, until it is

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok what I have read and seen, not yesterday I had to work but based on reading all the comments making a few assumptions.

We seen a culmination of what we have been saying most the year, it's not our skill players, that's on defense and offense, it's how we use them or our ability to take advantage and use them.

We have a great drink here, 1000 year old Scotch, but nobody can get the cork out of the bottle without breaking it.

Our O line and our scheming doesn't take advantage of all the talent we have on offense, we don't seem to attack a weakness, even when we hit on it we go away from it to something else. When you have something that works I have always thought you stick with it till they stop it, if they stop it, then it will open up something else since they have to overload to stop what you were doing.

The constant O line experiments have got to stop, yeah one is ok to get a bargain or if you see something, gut all 5, yes Britt as well since he was just put in at Center but took two seasons to find him a spot.

On defense playing soft 15 yds deep zone all the time is like practice for a lot of the top QB's, our third down stops seem few and far between, I know part of it is RCB, we have not had a reliable do it all guy there since Maxwell left, even then physical receivers ate him up. Our depth is depleted in our CB's not so much our Safety's, our LB depth is limited and our interior Dline rotation for the run is thin also.

The positions and depth can be improved with injury recovery and draft, I don't want to see us going after another name guy at high cost to fill our defense, that never seems to work out, from Nate Odoms to Cary Williams.

What I think needs to change is our level of aggression, both offense and defense, Quinn had our defense in a much more attack mode when he was here, with Richard we appear in a much more reaction base where we try to hope for mistakes more then create them.

On offense we have backs, we just have a slightly different type of back then Lynch, Collins and Rawls can run with power, they don't have the balance and or physicality naturally that Lynch did, they are all successful when you have them going north and south or just off tackle, sweeps and long developing run plays are not what they do.

Power blocking would open huge holes for these guys. Smacking a defense in the mouth and wearing them down over a game.

Passing, the love of bubble screens and then the deep ball, oh and the trip formation on third downs. Our plays seem basic and we favor the same ones to much, where is the TE seam routes, the 7, 15, and then deep crossing patterns on levels? The RB screens and with Reese a FB swing pattern.

Part of it is the pass blocking is bad and we can't wait for them to develop, again it goes back to O Line Experiments, were just trying to teach them how to run block, where's the time for pass protection?

The other part is Bevell seems to ignore the middle of the field and or Russell can't see it or doesn't trust himself to throw into tight coverage in the middle due to a tip and a turn over. Most his passes are safety throws where the sidelines will cover for a high throw or open field on a deep throw. If so were conceding 50 percent of the field on offense most plays.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":eff8dbri said:
Ok what I have read and seen, not yesterday I had to work but based on reading all the comments making a few assumptions.

We seen a culmination of what we have been saying most the year, it's not our skill players, that's on defense and offense, it's how we use them or our ability to take advantage and use them.

We have a great drink here, 1000 year old Scotch, but nobody can get the cork out of the bottle without breaking it.

Our O line and our scheming doesn't take advantage of all the talent we have on offense, we don't seem to attack a weakness, even when we hit on it we go away from it to something else. When you have something that works I have always thought you stick with it till they stop it, if they stop it, then it will open up something else since they have to overload to stop what you were doing.

The constant O line experiments have got to stop, yeah one is ok to get a bargain or if you see something, gut all 5, yes Britt as well since he was just put in at Center but took two seasons to find him a spot.

On defense playing soft 15 yds deep zone all the time is like practice for a lot of the top QB's, our third down stops seem few and far between, I know part of it is RCB, we have not had a reliable do it all guy there since Maxwell left, even then physical receivers ate him up. Our depth is depleted in our CB's not so much our Safety's, our LB depth is limited and our interior Dline rotation for the run is thin also.

The positions and depth can be improved with injury recovery and draft, I don't want to see us going after another name guy at high cost to fill our defense, that never seems to work out, from Nate Odoms to Cary Williams.

What I think needs to change is our level of aggression, both offense and defense, Quinn had our defense in a much more attack mode when he was here, with Richard we appear in a much more reaction base where we try to hope for mistakes more then create them.

On offense we have backs, we just have a slightly different type of back then Lynch, Collins and Rawls can run with power, they don't have the balance and or physicality naturally that Lynch did, they are all successful when you have them going north and south or just off tackle, sweeps and long developing run plays are not what they do.

Power blocking would open huge holes for these guys. Smacking a defense in the mouth and wearing them down over a game.

Passing, the love of bubble screens and then the deep ball, oh and the trip formation on third downs. Our plays seem basic and we favor the same ones to much, where is the TE seam routes, the 7, 15, and then deep crossing patterns on levels? The RB screens and with Reese a FB swing pattern.

Part of it is the pass blocking is bad and we can't wait for them to develop, again it goes back to O Line Experiments, were just trying to teach them how to run block, where's the time for pass protection?

The other part is Bevell seems to ignore the middle of the field and or Russell can't see it or doesn't trust himself to throw into tight coverage in the middle due to a tip and a turn over. Most his passes are safety throws where the sidelines will cover for a high throw or open field on a deep throw. If so were conceding 50 percent of the field on offense most plays.

Beautifully said. Concur 100%

The lack of TE seam routes with a Jimmy Graham on our side, has enraged me for some time as I watch our offense line up for yet another idiotic misuse of our talent. The bright side has been the Wilson-Baldwin combo.

Baldwin is one bad MOFO.