Connor Orr @nfl.com takes an even handed look at MBs outburs

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't blame players that lose their cool and blow up at reporters, they play their hearts out and the gamut of emotions must be extreme.

And I have to give it to reporters that go through that and don't over react. Hence me posting this link to Connor Orr's story.

"Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett wasn't going to take a question about Seattle's pass rush lightly.

After Saturday's 36-20 Divisional Round playoff loss to the Atlanta Falcons, Bennett reportedly stopped FOX Q13 reporter Bill Wixey in the middle of a question about getting pressure on Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan. According to USA Today, the question seemed to suggest that Seattle was not getting their typical amount of pressure.

The Seahawks finished with three sacks, five tackles for loss and eight quarterback hits; a pretty good performance given how fast Ryan releases the ball."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... after-loss

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Been a bit of unraveling of late with media relations.

Not as bad as Pete's post-game 'feels like the beginning' statement.

Oof.

Beginning of the end, Pete?

C'mon now...

sondevil89

Reaction score
Put yourself in their position, you warred your ass off for three hours, you just lost a game you REALLY wanted to win and the media wants to get right in the locker room and get an immediate reaction. Want my immediate reaction? ""I'm pissed!"

Get it? If you haven't played the game or competed much, you probably can't relate. It isn't about being a professional, it's about being a human being.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
This is why reporters (especially including T & A women reporters) shouldn't be allowed in the locker room. After the players have showered & cooled off and actually come out of the locker room would be a better time than right after the game. But then this is the age of twitter, Instagram, et. al. and the American need for instant information.

The reporters also need to ask way better questions as many that I have seen have been incredibly stupid questions that the players must absolutely hate. Like "how did you feel when you fumbled that ball?", or "what were you thinking when you threw that interception?" etc. etc. If I was asked stupid questions all the time in every interview, especially after a big season ending loss, I'd probably punch somebody out and feel justified in doing so, but that's just me, I can't even stand to lose a damn game of checkers.

KPA

Reaction score
I've always wondered why the media is allowed access to players without some type of "cool down" period. Samething happens in other sports. NASCAR driver gets wrecked and as he steps out of the car a reporter is there and asks "tell us what happened" Media goes wild with driver over response. At that point the driver still has not processed the emotions. If the NFL was smart it would incorporate a "cool down" period before access to a player.