Pete Carroll

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
To the Seahawks.net posters, what are your honest thoughts of Pete Carroll?

Do you think he'll make big changes this off season?

I honestly will be surprised if he replaces some of his key assistant coaches, if any.

Your thoughts?

Josea16

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2iyjoxjk said:
To the Seahawks.net posters, what are your honest thoughts of Pete Carroll?

Do you think he'll make big changes this off season?

I honestly will be surprised if he replaces some of his key assistant coaches, if any.

Your thoughts?
He needs to but nothing will happen and he will be gone in a year or two. I have little hope until Cable and his stupid ZBS scheme is gone, hopefully to San Francisco to kill two birds with one stone as a bonus.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Carroll is the greatest coach in our franchise history.

His loyalty to the offensive and defensive coordinators may be holding this team back imo, but who knows.

He, along with Schneider will be aggressive this offseason. If there's anyone out there who knows what it takes to keep this roster competitive, it's him.

He will retire before he gets fired. He's earned that much for sure. We're lucky he's leading this team. Advancing to the Divisional round of the playoffs 5 years in a row is incredible, and something I never thought the Seahawks could do growing up.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I love Pete and what he's done here, but I have been wondering if he's at his best when his roster is in constant flux like it was in college. I don't see our veterans playing with the same passion they were in the SB years. Maybe they're just older and more mature, or maybe Pete is better at coaching younger, more maleable guys.

One of the reasons he and Schneider are so good together is that Schneider is particularly good at finding young talent, but none of the veterans he's brought in have integrated the same way--Graham seems unhappy, Harvin was what it was, Miller never made the impact he did in Oakland, Bennett is constantly asking for more money, etc. I guess the one exception is Lynch, who's a famously enigmatic personality. My point is, we seem to be at our best with young, homegrown talent. Rawls and Richardson resemble the 2013 team more than Kam and Sherman right now.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into things after a tough loss. But maybe it's also time to clean house a little. Some of the players, like the fans, seem tired of the "business as usual" company line coming from the coaches.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete looked tired by the end of this season.

Think it took a lot out of him.

Agree, he needs to make changes with the staff, but not sure he'll bother.

Hope so. We'll see.

Maybe Cable gets picked up by the 49ers or someone else.

Optimus25

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1e0po6qz said:
I love Pete and what he's done here, but I have been wondering if he's at his best when his roster is in constant flux like it was in college. I don't see our veterans playing with the same passion they were in the SB years. Maybe they're just older and more mature, or maybe Pete is better at coaching younger, more maleable guys.

One of the reasons he and Schneider are so good together is that Schneider is particularly good at finding young talent, but none of the veterans he's brought in have integrated the same way--Graham seems unhappy, Harvin was what it was, Miller never made the impact he did in Oakland, Bennett is constantly asking for more money, etc. I guess the one exception is Lynch, who's a famously enigmatic personality. My point is, we seem to be at our best with young, homegrown talent. Rawls and Richardson resemble the 2013 team more than Kam and Sherman right now.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into things after a tough loss. But maybe it's also time to clean house a little. Some of the players, like the fans, seem tired of the "business as usual" company line coming from the coaches.

I certainly understand your perspective but the reality is we're division champions with a solid grip on the division for next year. Looking at Carolina, Denver, San Fran or the jets, look at all these franchises with serious, problematic questions going forward. I mean literally look anywhere and there isn't one team that i would lock for their division next year except Seattle.

Granted we are obviously short of the super bowl formula. But this year just gave us an awesome look at what it will take, and i think just a few tweaks and one splash in FA will get us there.

For me that splash is calais Campbell.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3qurztp7 said:
Unless Cable gets hired by SF, I expect to see him, Bevell and Richard back next season.

Status quo.

Agreed. And how sad is that?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Love Pete, but he needs to get back to his fundamentals. Seems like this year we tried too much to mimick Green Bay with all of the passing. It wore out the defense, which I do believe added to a late season slow down of our pass rush. Those guys can only ball out for so long. It was a long season. We need to run a ball controlled offense, own the clock, protect our defense - and good things will return.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
If I were Pete I would have 4 closed door meetings.

!st-Players only meeting. Separate the offense and the defense. Ask them to write down anonymously what they see is holding the team as a whole back.

2nd-Coaches meeting-Do the exact same thing.

3rd-a sit down with John to really look at what they see the problems are. This might be a series of meetings, tape room study, talent evalutaion.

4th-sit down with Paul Allen. What does he see and hear as an owner. Is he happy with the status quo?

After these meetings, identify the common threads. If you hear a consistent complaint, those are the first on the list to change. Make 5 achievable goals by preseason. Might be roster changes, coach replacement, even a tweaking of his own philosophy. Evolve or die.

We have seen a peak at the superbowl win and a steady decline after. find out why and fix it, or just be mediocre and sell a few less hats.

Good news about becoming shitty again is I could afford and be able to buy season tix! Watch us lose from good seats.

Crizilla

Reaction score
He's not the best coach in the league but certainty not the dumbest. Jason Garret is worse....no idea why he wasted a down on that final drive.....literally no point in spiking the ball on first down in field goal range with a 1 minute left when you have a timeout.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fvicecv said:
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.

:179422: :179422: :179422: :179422:

TGnHONN

NJlargent

Reaction score
No changes are necessary. Let's win our crappy division and get bounced in the wildcard round by a hot 5 seed. I don't want to be spoiled or forget the 1990s so I'm good with this.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NJlargent":nv9udmla said:
No changes are necessary. Let's win our crappy division and get bounced in the wildcard round by a hot 5 seed. I don't want to be spoiled or forget the 1990s so I'm good with this.

I know. Crazy how some in here just shrug off a weird hot/cold season, and a thrashing come the second round of the playoffs and go "It's all good."

If crawling into the playoffs but having no chance in hell of playing for a SB is "good", I want none of it.

And those who do must want to upgrade their season tix on the cheap or something. Gotta be some kind of reason for that kind of stupid.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
To put it in a different way-

Would you rather be the team that improves every year, or the team that regresses? The team that improves eventually wins. The team that regresses....