We could have beat Green Bay at our House next week

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Sigh, as if losing last night wasn't bad enough, seeing Green Bay win and knowing the NFC Championship would have been at our house next Sunday.

Next year we have to win the games that allow us home field advantage throughout. We don't do well playing on the road in the playoffs. I would have thought playing Minnesota in 0 degrees last year would have embedded that in our memory but watching us lose to the Cardinals and then having to travel to Atlanta made me think they have a short memory.

Sure we lost Earl, but we're better than that if we play to our ability.

sdog1981

Reaction score
With the tackling we had yesterday? Are you kidding me?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I believe that we would have scored more than 20 against GB......that would not have been good enough to win.

However......we'll never know, will we?

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Could of should of but we aren't gonna..... on to next year....GO HAWKS :2thumbs:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yeah, right!

Aaron Rodgers would have picked us apart!

I'm not sure why Matt Ryan is getting MVP talks! Sure, Ryan had a record year, but he's nowhere near Rodgers' level!

Rodgers is the MVP!

I'll take Rodgers as my qb over any quarterback this year!

Crizilla

Reaction score
I dont think we would have been favored, but anything is possible.

So 2007, 2010, and 2016 we could have hosted the NFC title game if we would have won the divisional round. Damn.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Not with our defense right now, NO WAY.

Imagine GB coming to the Clink and spanking our ass in the NFC Title Game and then having the ceremony in the middle of the field, how would you feel after that? I would PUKE, quite literally.

My desire was to play Dallas, even though it was on the road.

GO HAWKS!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Green Bay owns the Seahawks more than any other team in the NFL. Up until the Falcons game, Green Bay had beaten us by more points than any other team...twice.

evergreen

Reaction score
I felt that way before the games this weekend. Not now. If Wilson was red hot we could have a chance. But now way the way he's playing now.

James in PA

Reaction score
Home or not, Kris Richard would NOT have been able to come up with anything to slow down Rodgers the way he's playing right now. No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NO WAY we beat GB or Dallas in the post-season.

Not this version of the Hawks.

That was a great game today. Dallas really made it interesting.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
lol, and we could have beat the Falcons yesterday if we didn't play like a team that should be picking in the Top 10-15 picks....but we didn't and we won't be playing GB next week, so that's that. Falcons straight up falcon-punched our DC in the mouth repeatedly by marching down the field effortlessly against an extremely conservative game plan that we knew had similar results in the 2nd half of our previous meeting. As stated; Could, woulda, shoulda.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pie Romania":1fcqmafc said:
lol, and we could have beat the Falcons yesterday if we didn't play like a team that should be picking in the Top 10-15 picks....but we didn't and we won't be playing GB next week, so that's that. Falcons straight up falcon-punched our DC in the mouth repeatedly by marching down the field effortlessly against an extremely conservative game plan that we knew had similar results in the 2nd half of our previous meeting. As stated; Could, woulda, shoulda.

TRUTH.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
For a few weeks now I felt like they could beat Dallas in Dallas. GB? Not the way Rogers is playing. I guess we will never know.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2k9fz0e6 said:
For a few weeks now I felt like they could beat Dallas in Dallas. GB? Not the way Rogers is playing. I guess we will never know.

Rodgers is the best overall QB in the league right now with Brady a close second. Rodgers has that ability to extend plays more than Brady, who if he doesn't deliver quickly, dumps it. Remarkably, Brady still manages a very high completion rate regardless, which is why he's elite even by HOF standards.

RW is middle of the pack these days. Don't say that to put him down. Just reality.

He needs a very strong/focused off-season that is linked to some changes overall with the Hawks if he is to raise himself up to elite QB levels. I get he had a great first 5 season, but much of that was owed to handing the ball of to a runner like Lynch more than half the time who made the Seahawk's offense such a threat and when combined with as seriously tough D, the team as whole was much stronger than it has been the last couple seasons.

Sealake80

Reaction score
We could have. Any time the hawks play... if they play their best game... it is good enough to beat anyone. It is true. So there is that.

I thought they would play their best game against Atlanta. It looked like we were going to until the holding call followed by the safety. As much as I hate to say it... thats on our team.

If you dont play perfect... and penalty free... the refs can always change the game... even then... sometimes.

XL happened.

Questions.

Why do you think the NFL does not improve the quality of refereeing? Because they can't?

Why do you think Lynch didnt talk to the media?

Do you think the game is untainted by outside influences like market shares, vegas, tv ratings, bribes, etc.?

Why did'nt we run it from the 1? Lol.

Why is our team LOB in a state of tension?