One or the Other

nwHawk

Reaction score
Either Bevell or Cable need to go this offseason. They do not match. Cable wants to maul and cut block for the run game. Bevell wants to pass and to try to out smart the other team.

Glow, Ifedi, and Britt is a solid group of drive blockers. All, well the whole line, has problems pass blocking. Pete has always talked about running to set up the pass. Feels like Bevell would prefer to throw every down, which doesn't match our line, coaching or drafting model.

I give credit to Bevell for coming up with some great plays, and also one hell of an opening drive against the Falcons. Bevell has some value, but I just don't see Cable and Bevell on the same page.

Thoughts?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nwHawk":qjhzfw9h said:
Either Bevell or Cable need to go this offseason. They do not match. Cable wants to maul and cut block for the run game. Bevell wants to pass and to try to out smart the other team.

Glow, Ifedi, and Britt is a solid group of drive blockers. All, well the whole line, has problems pass blocking. Pete has always talked about running to set up the pass. Feels like Bevell would prefer to throw every down, which doesn't match our line, coaching or drafting model.

I give credit to Bevell for coming up with some great plays, and also one hell of an opening drive against the Falcons. Bevell has some value, but I just don't see Cable and Bevell on the same page.

Thoughts?

Agree.

I want both gone. Clean slate.

Pete has become so conservative in his old age.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
nwHawk":3nfc2pr5 said:

Thoughts?
Agreed. All it took was one year of Marshawn not masking the deficiencies between these two.

I bet Carroll really regrets not running even more so now than ever before!