Receiving and Tight Ends

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cut/Trade Kearse, make Baldwin #1 receiver, Graham #2, Lockett #3, Richardson #4.

Cut/Trade Willson, use McEvoy and Vannett as TE's. Do not use Graham as a TE. Use him as receiver only and actually throw him the football.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Crizilla":3qw23uji said:
Cut/Trade Kearse, make Baldwin #1 receiver, Graham #2, Lockett #3, Richardson #4.

Cut/Trade Willson, use McEvoy and Vannett as TE's. Do not use Graham as a TE. Use him as receiver only and actually throw him the football.

If Bevell stays, the above is just too complicated for him to grasp, or he's too stupid-stubborn to agree.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Why not just try to find yourself a dominant, big WR1? Don't get me wrong, Doug's a stud, but he isn't a dominant, game changing WR1

Optimus25

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1uevxs7j said:
Why not just try to find yourself a dominant, big WR1? Don't get me wrong, Doug's a stud, but he isn't a dominant, game changing WR1

That's the Jimmy thing.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Kearse is super cheap against the cap next year, knows the system well, so I say one more year for him. Agree he goes to the back of the pack though and would be handy to have WHEN guys get hurt. Good for depth.

Agree on the second point. If Bevell still cannot use JG to his strengths then cut him to use the money somewhere else.

Pete is not going to get rid of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, so we are stuck having to design a team around their ineptitude, that's if we want to win. We have been steadily decreasing since the SB win. We are just lucky we play in a dumpsterfire of a division and had an easy schedule. Next year this division should be even worse, so if we don't win it next year, it's really time to start looking at the unthinkable.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I say extend Kearse to a lifetime contract. I want to see him taking opi penalties well into his 60s and he gives us something to talk about in the game day forum.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
johnnyfever":20zhbm6k said:
Kearse is super cheap against the cap next year, knows the system well, so I say one more year for him. Agree he goes to the back of the pack though and would be handy to have WHEN guys get hurt. Good for depth.

Agree on the second point. If Bevell still cannot use JG to his strengths then cut him to use the money somewhere else.

Pete is not going to get rid of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, so we are stuck having to design a team around their ineptitude, that's if we want to win. We have been steadily decreasing since the SB win. We are just lucky we play in a dumpsterfire of a division and had an easy schedule. Next year this division should be even worse, so if we don't win it next year, it's really time to start looking at the unthinkable.

Not sure I'd call 4mill + super cheap for what we're likely to get out of Kearse next year.

themunn

Reaction score
Kearse is almost all dead cap next year if I recall anyway.

But I do think that replacing our #4 wide receiver is definitely the missing piece we need to make a superbowl challenge

Reaction score
Yeah at some point u have to ask ur self this though. How much does Kearse hurt the development of the younger guys! I understand that cutting him would not give us alot more money but it will give us a little. Also will give players like P-Rich n Tanner McEvoy more playing time and a chance to develop more. Hey if we can move on from Harvin we can move on from Kearse dead money or not.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2wlrno5u said:
johnnyfever":2wlrno5u said:

Not sure I'd call 4mill + super cheap for what we're likely to get out of Kearse next year.

My understanding is the cap hit #, which is the important one, is only around 500,000.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
With our O-line, it doesn't matter how many receivers we have. Russ has to have enough time to go through his progressions and get the ball out.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2ak41pva said:
Grahamhawker":2ak41pva said:
johnnyfever":2ak41pva said:

My understanding is the cap hit #, which is the important one, is only around 500,000.

The only $ we save by cutting him is the 500K. Still costing the team over 4mill in cap.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/jermaine-kearse-10423/

GLio14

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":126foyht said:

Let's be honest here. Receiving isn't the problem here. Wilson has constantly had to scramble more than he usually does or got put on his back because the protection was so dreadful.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Would it be nice to have a Julio? Sure. But we have nowhere near the capital to get that done right now- based on more pressing needs. ADB, PRich, Lockett, Kearse, etc. get it done just fine.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think Kearse stays on the team, but Richardson has shown enough that he should get those reps if he can stay healthy.

I also think McEvoy bumps up the depth chart when he gets more reps and starts TC and OTA's with one position to hold down. I'm really excited to see how good he can be next year.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I think we need to get rid of jimmy graham. I love the dude and think hes a baller. but if we don't use him then whats the point. hes obviously much better than Luke Willson but the way we use them they would have the same production. so why pay the man. get rid of him, use his cap space for lineman and we would be better off.

now ideally we fire Bevell and keep Graham and actually throw him the damn ball.