Special Teams

Polk738

Reaction score
Just a thought I had after the game and some people might not agree with me but special teams was just god awful this year, the worst I have seen it in a few years. Our LS was bad in a few games, not only with missed FGs but a safety as well when he snapped over John Ryan's head. Hauschka was bad too, which is really weird because he's been so consistent but his kicks were just low for some reason, he also cost us a couple games as well, the AZ one for sure. The worst of all tho had to be the coverage teams-I don't think there was one game we had this year to where the coverage units weren't called for some kind of penalty, either a hold or a block in the back. KPL's hold yesterday definitely cost us the game yesterday-talk about bad luck.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think there needs to be a serious emphasis on penalties. Like what's the point of tugging, chipping dudes when you're clearly blocking in the back, etc. Why in the F do players feel the need to do small illegal things that have an overall detriment effect?

And hausch needs to be ready to sign team friendly. If he made that kick in Arizona, then whatever, pay him.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Special teams was the perfect microcosm of this team. The model of inconsistency. You got the highs of Wagz leap frogging centers to block fgs to missing chip shot gimme fgs in the same game, you'd got lockett busting long returns once healthy to long snappers just firing balls wherever he felt like it. You got Ryan faking a punt and running like usain bolt up the center of the field only for him to hot potato it and get himself taken out of the game. Yup that's our season.

Latest posts